Football in 3 days sec east also ran vs acc champ virgins

Loco

PSA   8/24/19 7pm (6 central) on ESPN (checks calendar) this fucking Saturday!

Sure it's at a small corporate sellout stadium in Florida's armpit,  but it's actually college football so it's probably worth a thread.

This is a rivalry game and it will absolutely be chippy on the field and in the stands.  It's probably going to be sloppy and feature a lot of the usual 1 game suspensions usually reserved for the opening day cupcake.

So who you got Manny 'Blizerian' Aiz 

Manny-Diaz-returning-to-Miami-Hurricanes

or Adult 'onset' Eddy Munster?

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Loco said:

It's probably going to be sloppy and feature a lot of the usual 1 game suspensions usually reserved for the opening day cupcake.

Interesting that you bring that up because one of my degenerate gambler friends told me that two of Florida's starting DBs were going to be suspended for this game.

10 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Interesting that you bring that up because one of my degenerate gambler friends told me that two of Florida's starting DBs were going to be suspended for this game.

Doesn't sound right, but if that's the case it's gonna suck.  The Gata has no depth at DB.   These things get announced Saturday morning and are notoriously held very close until then.  I have heard that Franks is out, the 2 best wrs for the Canes are out... all kinds of crazy shit ($9.95 etc)  it's the off season.  Viva la On Season!

ps...  I mention the 1 game suspensions because I always like to see who got busted for smoking pot during the summer...  Gainesville Green is a thing

Edited by Loco

37 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Appears that way, damn shame we cant just say Gator-Canes week 0

2 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Oh are we going back to doing stupid thread titles on game threads instead of just saying the teams?

Some people think that shit's cute. Perhaps they'll grow out of it. (One can but hope.)

• Like 5

Some people weren't intending it to be a game thread, some people just wanted to talk about the season getting started. Maybe talk about the match up, share predictions, ridicule other teams/conferences, talk about Grizzly Diaz.

Mods, if this is a game thread please change the title according to the strict Surly doctrine/format before someone strokes out.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Some people weren't intending it to be a game thread, some people just wanted to talk about the season getting started. Maybe talk about the match up, share predictions, ridicule other teams/conferences, talk about Grizzly Diaz.

Mods, if this is a game thread please change the title according to the strict Surly doctrine/format before someone strokes out.

I’m sorry. This post is not going to save your pinky...

4 hours ago, Loco said:

Doesn't sound right, but if that's the case it's gonna suck.  The Gata has no depth at DB.   These things get announced Saturday morning and are notoriously held very close until then.  I have heard that Franks is out, the 2 best wrs for the Canes are out... all kinds of crazy shit ($9.95 etc)  it's the off season.  Viva la On Season!

ps...  I mention the 1 game suspensions because I always like to see who got busted for smoking pot during the summer...  Gainesville Green is a thing

That's interesting considering I heard gata was DBU.  

17 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Arizona @ Hawaii after that one. Should be interesting with Arizona having one of the worst pass D in the country last year.

I'll tune in for the Haka...  and stay for the cold beers

Edited by Loco

Also, gotta say I like Miami +7.5. The 2012-13 Diaz years at Texas have shown to be the outlier in his career. He has some talented vets coming back on defense - we've seen what he can do with such players so I'd expect that to be a good unit, and Florida doesn't really scare anyone on offense. Miami may not pull out the W due to their own offensive ineptitude but I think it'll be a one score game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Also, gotta say I like Miami +7.5. The 2012-13 Diaz years at Texas have shown to be the outlier in his career. He has some talented vets coming back on defense - we've seen what he can do with such players so I'd expect that to be a good unit, and Florida doesn't really scare anyone on offense. Miami may not pull out the W due to their own offensive ineptitude but I think it'll be a one score game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think the big concern for Miami is that they are starting a RS-FR QB and two FR at OT. The RT is a RS-FR and the LT is a true FR who enrolled in December at 235 lbs, and is apparently now up to 285. We've witnessed first hand how debilitating a young, undersized OL can be to your offense.

The under may be a good play, but it's dropped from 50.5 to 47.  

22 hours ago, Loco said:

PSA   8/24/19 7pm (6 central) on ESPN (checks calendar) this fucking Saturday!

Sure it's at a small corporate sellout stadium in Florida's armpit,  but it's actually college football so it's probably worth a thread.

This is a rivalry game and it will absolutely be chippy on the field and in the stands.  It's probably going to be sloppy and feature a lot of the usual 1 game suspensions usually reserved for the opening day cupcake.

So who you got Manny 'Blizerian' Aiz 

Manny-Diaz-returning-to-Miami-Hurricanes

or Adult 'onset' Eddy Munster?

giphy.gif

Franks wants nothing to do with that shit.

22 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Oh are we going back to doing stupid thread titles on game threads instead of just saying the teams?

The thread title raises and interesting point.  It was supposed to be a major get when the ACC brought in Miami and VT.  VT has done OK, winning the conference 3 times, but the Canes have been a big disappointment without Big East weaklings to feast on.  Instead, the conference has mostly belonged to traditional powers Clemson and FSU.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

13 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’ve not been too impressed with Miami over the past decade so I am picking Go Gata’ In this one. And I will certainly be watching, Hell, it’s football!

Remember, it's also Manny _iaz at the helm. He taught Texas defenders head on the wrong side "Gator roll"  tackling. Fuck him. Fuck Miami.

Go Gators!

SSFZA5ZSIVABVFDJ32JBBNVU2A.jpg

• Like 1