I was born in the mid-80's, and I'm realizing that I'm a UT football dinosaur now

Goo Punch

i don't follow a ton of UT stuff on social media, and in fact i really only use instagram, but i'm coming to realize that guys like Roy Williams, Derrick Johnson, Quentin Jammer, and Nathan Vasher are to today's generation what Rosie Leaks and Mossy Cade and Jerry Gray were to me. heard of em, but don't really know shit about them, and certainly didn't watch them play. 

basically the furthest back you'll see any of these social media accounts go is the 2008 RRS, and that includes during this last month of summer where every day has been a countdown to the start of the season using highlights of former players according to their jersey number. for example today marks four days until kickoff, and while that makes me automatically go to The Legend, the video they used was Kenny Vaccarro. two days ago they did 10 different slides of the #6 and the furthest back they went was Quandre Diggs. and then when you go into the comments and they debate on who is the best to ever wear a certain number, nobody has ever heard of or seen a Nathan Vasher or a Shaun Rogers play football. so this begs the question- when did I get so old and out of touch? are all of my heroes really the new Jim Bertelsen's and Jerry Sisemore's of Texas football?

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

the last 10 years of ut football aged all of us at least 20 yrs

that is a fact. i feel like mack and rick after each had been here 10 years, gained 20 lbs, lost all their hair, and the hair they did keep turned more grey by the day. 

How many of y'all had my shitty timing?

Read about the glory days of TX and the Cowboys.

Moved from Garland to Austin ('91) for my 1st year at UT... Cowboys get good.

Left Austin the year Ricky arrived.

Forgot to add... my high school, Garland, won 1 game my Senior year; won state 7 years later when JamesLaw was there.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 1

not that I've ever even understood the premise of starting a thread like this one (you know, a thread about UT football on the UT football forum) to get attention" (in what way? and from whom?), but I do know that no matter what I say or do that a throng of you will be chomping at the bit to give me all the attention I can handle, wanted or not. Maybe something to think about.

Also, on the subject of food for thought, maybe ask literally every baseball board regular why they have been able to post with me every single day for years without any of the dramatics that come every single time i make a post on the football forum. maybe they know something you don't. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Lulz @ thread. 

No shit!  I was born in the late '50s.  Attended my first Longhorn football games in the knothole section.  First basketball games at Gregory Gym.  First (of many) baseball games at Clark Field featuring Billy Goat Hill.  I'm no dinosaur, youngster.

• Like 1

Having attended during the McWilliams & Macovic era, once Mack Brown got it rolling I was a little bitter that my time on the 40 was likely the low point in modern Texas football.  10 win seasons were the norm and I wouldn't have guessed it could ever get as bad as the early-mid 90's. Then post-Colt Mack and Strong rallied with their own "hold my beer" efforts. Don't fuck this up Tom.

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

basically the furthest back you'll see any of these social media accounts go is the 2008 RRS, and that includes during this last month of summer where every day has been a countdown to the start of the season using highlights of former players according to their jersey number. for example today marks four days until kickoff, 

So you're saying the donation media accounts history only goes back as far as when we all started using social media.

The true dinosaurs remember when all the games were not on TV, so if you wanted to see the game you had to go to the stadium.

I want to know who upvoted this faggotry? 

oh just some people who might have liked to talk some UT football in the days leading up to the season. too bad for them you and Rex and co have sufficiently derailed the fuck out of this thread with your astoundingly ironic posts that are all about me. anyone else could have started the OP and it would have just been another thread on the football board. instead you and rex have decided to make it all about me. it's just dumbfounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

No shit!  I was born in the late '50s.  Attended my first Longhorn football games in the knothole section.  First basketball games at Gregory Gym.  First (of many) baseball games at Clark Field featuring Billy Goat Hill.  I'm no dinosaur, youngster.

39 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

You know Rex, the only people in this thread who aren't talking about UT football are you and your crew. 

Calling all dinosaurs!

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The thread title is actually about you. And I'm not trolling with that comment.

Yes, but the thread subject is not. Nothing about the OP merited this response, there are just certain people (and yes Dr.Beeper is Rex Kramer, the biggest repeat offender) who cannot help themselves but to make it all about me when it really isn't. the five people who pos repped the OP would never have done so if the thread were about me, which it clearly is not.

the lamest part of this routine by far is how the same cast of characters derail these threads time and time again by doing the very thing that they are supposedly complaining about, oblivious to how stupid that is, and never taking a second to realize that not everyone else in here wanted or needed this thread to become another bitch fest about the latest innocuous thing that i did. pointing this out never seems to deter them.

Edited by Goo Punch

20 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

oh just some people who might have liked to talk some UT football in the days leading up to the season. too bad for them you and Rex and co have sufficiently derailed the fuck out of this thread with your astoundingly ironic posts that are all about me. anyone else could have started the OP and it would have just been another thread on the football board. instead you and rex have decided to make it all about me. it's just dumbfounding.

I made this about you? This whole cumstain wrapped in diarrhea of a thread is all about you. That’s on top of the stupidity of trying to decry being in your mid 30’s as old. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I saw a game at Clark Field featuring Billy Goat Hill.  

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

No one else would have started this thread.

I’ve never thought about starting a thread about my own realization, age, and which playes were my generation.
I also don’t enjoy reading threads about other’s realizations. For fucksake...
No kidding? OP will absolutely not understand this and consider it a slight towards him.
  • Fuck You 1