Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I still wake up sobbing at night screaming whyyyyyyyyyyyy at the top of my lungs sometimes.  My wife knows now I'm just thinking about Luhnow leaving.  Finally, for the first time since Bill Walsh coached the 49ers something I loved was being taken care of by someone worthy of taking care of it and then that happened. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3747def1a8c099cc77f27bfa38f754a2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t know. I have a hard time believing everyone else in the B10 was stealing signs and sharing them with other teams perfectly by the book and Michigan was the only one breaking any rules. I think Michigan was the most complex and brazen about it though. 

Wait, now you have no problem with sign stealing? What a clown.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

I wasn’t mad about this until Michigan threatened to bring in the lawyers.  God dang lawyers infecting my sports.  Screw that.

Michigan is a voluntary member of the B1G, and they signed on to the bylaw that gives the commish the authority to ban a coach for 2 games based entirely on his want to do so.  You’re gonna file lawsuit to try to get out of that, now, hope a judge gives you an immediate injunction AND open yourself up to discovery? 

IMG_0172.gif

C'mon - you are just worried that when he comes back in time for OSU & that they use this to be even more pissed/motivated.
And as a playin game to face Iowa, Minny, WIsc or Corny in the Conf Championship joke-bowl

I am.  Playing fair Michigan is still a darn good team.  Adding in a "WiN iT fOr CoAcH!!!" and they'll only be better when we play.  

Ohio State fans who aren't mouth-breating hicks (all 3 of us) hope he coaches all the way through and we beat him so bad it calls into question the entire last two years.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I can’t wait for the mutually assured destruction part of this shit show to kick off when they all file lawsuits and then are stupid enough to progress into discovery and everyone gets screwed….

Dog Chasing GIF by Maryanne Chisholm - MCArtist

This! Shit is so stupid! I want the natty!! Go Blue

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

And only Michigan broke NCAA rules when doing it.

The sharing of the signs breaks Big 10 conference rules though, the same ones Michigan is accused of breaking. If what came out today is true the Big 10 will look stupid punishing Michigan and no one else.

At the NCAA level, Michigan is the only one thought to break NCAA rules from what’s known so far. 

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The sharing of the signs breaks Big 10 conference rules though, the same ones Michigan is accused of breaking

Wrong on both accounts.

Michigan is being punished under the B1G general sportsmanship policy because they broke NCAA rules on in-game scouting and use of electronic equipment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Wrong on both accounts.

Michigan is being punished under the B1G general sportsmanship policy because they broke NCAA rules on in-game scouting and use of electronic equipment.

You’re wrong on all counts

Any Big Ten penalty will be rooted in the conference’s sportsmanship policy, which allows for the commissioner to hand down disciplinary measures for violating the “integrity of competition” in the “competitive arena,” the policy says.

According to the policy, the commissioner can take disciplinary action that is considered “standard” or “major.” Standard action includes a fine not exceeding $10,000 and a suspension of no more than two contests. Major action is anything exceeding those penalties and is subject to approval from the Big Ten executive board of presidents.

It’s a pretty easy argument to make that sharing stolen signs violates integrity of competition 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

You’re wrong on all counts

It’s a pretty easy argument to make that sharing stolen signs violates integrity of competition 

Cool.  No go convince the B1G commish because he has carte blanche authority to punish everyone else.  Or not.  Right now it's a lynch mob.  You have 13 schools with torches and pitch forks calling for Tony Petitti to hang Harbaugh from a rope.  If you can convince at least 7 schools to do the same to those other coaches, he'll hang them too.

Michigan has lost the narrative.  Petitti's bosses want blood and if he doesn't give it to them, he's a goner.  

ETA

"Right" v "wrong" is irrelevant.  Petitti will do what the other 13 schools tell him to.  

Edited by Parliament

17 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Cool.  No go convince the B1G commish because he has carte blanche authority to punish everyone else.  Or not.  Right now it's a lynch mob.  You have 13 schools with torches and pitch forks calling for Tony Petitti to hang Harbaugh from a rope.  If you can convince at least 7 schools to do the same to those other coaches, he'll hang them too.

Michigan has lost the narrative.  Petitti's bosses want blood and if he doesn't give it to them, he's a goner.  

ETA

"Right" v "wrong" is irrelevant.  Petitti will do what the other 13 schools tell him to.  

Lynch mob?  Mich cheated by all definitions of the law and created doubt about the integrity of the sport.  Pete Rose was fried for much less.  There is a reason the rest of big10 wants a head on a pike.  But Mich is a victim here?   GTFAOH.  

Edited by TheAuditor
Fuckery
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Lynch mob?  Mich cheated by all definitions of the law and created doubt about the integrity of the sport.  Pete Rose was fried for much less.  There is a reason the rest of big10 wants a head on a pike.  But Mich is a victim here?   GTFAOH.  

relax, brother.  pretty sure the noted Ohio state guy is not arguing that michigan is a victim here.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

10 minutes ago, Jebus said:

relax, brother.  pretty sure the noted Ohio state guy is not arguing that michigan is a victim here.

We all agree here.  Michigan broke the rules and needs to be punished.  The lynch mob is right to want it.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Semi serious question , why does the B1G not just simply ref-engineer PSU and OSU over Michigan to deflate this whole story , this is really the simplest way out 

We can help!  We've got just crew for it!  We will even pull Deterding out of retirement and put him in the truck with a kill switch on unfavorable angles.

You want engineered result?

the RIG CAN DO IT

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

It's laughable but not surprising that Corum says he didn't know he founded a business with Stalions. Michigan Man behavior. The Pac 12 schools thought they were moving to a nice stable conference. Nope. They should get their legal teams in order in case some legal shrapnel flies in their direction.  

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nothing burger but michigan trying to defelct. Their opponents were not sending a guy to record games.

you can't prove a negative....  an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence....

not supporting either side, but discovery could be unkind to the "plaintiffs"

10 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

An actual update.

I'm excitedly curious how this affects OU as Venables is known to run quite the signal program , and has quietly evaded any discussion in this saga 

Texas doesn’t need to scrimp. Go get heavily encrypted gear. OU will go to ANY length to cheat.

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

The third guy in that LLC has also been purchasing tickets to opponent games.

So now we got this shitshow intertwined with someone that was on the preseason Heisman watch list… Both from the administration of spying end as well as the decoding and implementation side….

So does know how the NCAA can react to this and I am guessing that Crum is going to play dumb/hide behind his lawyer and then declare for the draft as soon as Michigan’s national title hopes are done…

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Sounds like Ohio State, Rutgers and Purdue need to be thrown in this mess too. 

I’m not sure I even care about the penalties anymore, I just want sign stealing out of the game. 

Why? That kind of information gets passed around all the time and that is the exact signal stealing that is referred to when all these dipshit talking heads are trying to defend Michigan. What Michigan did is well above and beyond that.

• Hook 'Em 4

Well I didn't mean to cause a derail, I should have stuck to college. My point was that cheating works and rarely gets punished. And when it is punished, it doesn't really feel like it. Pretty much every team would trade losing a coach and a few draft picks to win one title that can't be taken away. It's so bad in college though. On the CFP show last night they were talking about not punishing the players or the program because it's not fair. Fuck off with that, OKST basketball isn't the only program that didn't get that benefit (even though the coach enriched only himself and gave the program no competitive advantage). If Michigan wins the national title with an interim coach and Harbaugh is fired or sanctioned none of them will care even a little bit, just bask in the glory of a championship. OU has a whole hall of trophies from the backs of players making more than pros. I hope Harbaugh gets sanctioned but nothing will dissuade cheaters and I hate that part of the story.

Edited by 'stache

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why? That kind of information gets passed around all the time and that is the exact signal stealing that is referred to when all these dipshit talking heads are trying to defend Michigan. What Michigan did is well above and beyond that.

Because I don’t want Brent Venables giving our future opponents our signs. I don’t want to have to use signs at all. 

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Because I don’t want Brent Venables giving our future opponents our signs. I don’t want to have to use signs at all. 

Well tough shit, it happens and has happened in that fashion. You don't think colleagues and former friends on other coaching staff hasn't done the same with ours? Again this isn't what Michigan was doing and the two should not even be compared.

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Well tough shit, it happens and has happened in that fashion. You don't think colleagues and former friends on other coaching staff hasn't done the same with ours? Again this isn't what Michigan was doing and the two should not even be compared.

I understand the difference in the rules and have clearly stated previously how I feel about Michigan. I agree what they did was above and beyond. 

But how is the end result different? If Purdue receives Michigan’s offensive and defensive signs from other schools, they have their signs before the game, correct? They did not have to review game film or decipher the signs during the game.  

Rules aside, from an integrity of the game perspective, how are they significantly different? It seems silly that the outcome of a game can be tilted based on whether you receive the opponents signs from another school or not. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan