Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Notice how nobody on the maize and blue side ever denies that they cheated?

That's the best part of the B1G's communication last Friday: "Notably, the University’s November 8 response does not deny that the impermissible scheme occurred. Instead, it offers only procedural and technical arguments designed to delay accountability."

• Like 2

I linked to this article earlier, but I really think this is the strategy... especially now that they're going with the full Otter argument:  "We're not denying something happened... and you're really criticizing the United States of America!"

If Michigan can delay and threaten and obfuscate their way out of additional penalties until January 8 they will have won the war. They just need to win a championship on the field before any additional suspensions, lost scholarships or even vacated victories are handed down the NCAA mountain.

Michigan knows how this works.

Remember the Fab Five, Michigan’s freshman class that stormed onto the college basketball scene and made electric tournament runs to the Final Four in 1992 and 1993? Of course you remember them.

But you’re not supposed to. Both of those Final Four appearances were vacated as a result of major recruiting violations. So as far as college basketball is concerned, those Final Four trips never happened.

But, they did. We all remember watching Chris Webber and Jalen Rose and the rest of those guys smash their way through two NCAA tournament brackets. They were rock stars, forces of nature that upended the sport. Freshmen weren’t supposed to do what they did.

And that’s the point: they did it. Bureaucrats eventually stripped Michigan of their Final Four banners, but those penalties aren’t as real as what we saw with our own eyes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

I linked to this article earlier, but I really think this is the strategy... especially now that they're going with the full Otter argument:  "We're not denying something happened... and you're really criticizing the United States of America!"

Listen man I was with michigan when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and I’m with them now! GO BLUE!!!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Rare Stephen A Smith W

Lol the brothas that don't have to kiss black people's asses on Disney are calling em out. The others "what an emotional moment"

Most fake ass crying interview ever

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

And now for a distraction from the suspension - Harbaugh talks about chickens

ANN ARBOR -- In 2018, Jim Harbaugh famously told former Michigan quarterback Wilson Speight to not eat chicken simply because it’s a “nervous bird,” according to a Bleacher Report story.

In the same story, Speight was quoted saying Harbaugh “thinks some type of sickness injected its way into the human population when people began eating white meats instead of beef and pork.”

Michigan’s head coach, now a proud owner of chickens, recanted his stance on the bird species on Monday. The 59-year-old purchased several chicks for his kids at a Tractor Supply Co. just before Easter 2020 and has since grown fond of his flock.

“They loved those chickens for about a week,” Harbaugh said. “And then the chicks became teenager chickens and became adult chickens. All hens, egg-layers. I’m the one who takes care of them. The respect I have for chickens – I know there was a time I said that chicken was a nervous bird and I don’t eat chicken, I only eat meat. I was dead wrong. I stand corrected. These chickens are low-maintenance and high-production.

“They lay an egg every 26-27 hours, and they need water, they need food. I play with them too when I’m out in the yard. We run around, and they’re happy to see me. There’s times when I’m doing good things for other people, and they’re not as happy to see me as my chickens are. It’s good for my mental health as well and get fresh eggs every day.”

On 11/13/2023 at 9:56 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Notice how nobody on the maize and blue side ever denies that they cheated?

Neither has Ohio State… or aggy.  In fact aggy embraces their denial as virtue.

I wish there could be a poll added to the last 10 pages of this thread.

When do you think Jim Harbaugh will coach his next game?
 - Maryland 11/18
- Ohio State 11/25
- B1G Championship game 12/2
- Bowl game/Playoff Game

- Fresno State 8/31/2024 season opener
 - Las Vegas Raiders (or other NFL team) 9/8/2024

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So now the Michigan talking point is "there was no expense reports" so therefore the calendar and budget information that BIG/NCAA has is fake. LMAO

The funny part about it that the lack of an expense report is even worse because the money has to come from somewhere, and if it isn't coming from the university it means it is coming from an outside source, which means (even if it was from a coach hypothetically) something coming from a "booster"... so right back to LOIC

Makes you wonder what else the B1G found out that Michigan didn’t want aired in public in the hearing…

Maybe the conference was going to be forced to read the transcript into the record of the call with the NCAA to justify the suspension and Michigan knows that they would never win the PR war if the transcript got read in. It’s a lot easier to justify things as fans and coaches when there isn’t a word for word set of accusations or things the NCAA has currently already accepted and evidence of wrongdoing. People are willing to play with a gray area…. Making it black and white would mean that in the short term in the build up to a potential title season the stench would get worse and worse…

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well that's quite the backdown from Michigan but I guess they got what they wanted with the investigation ending. I guess they can still use this in their martyrdom. 

Just now, 4th&Five said:

ncaa investigation is still ongoing.

NCAA investigation ongoing but does the B1G have to cooperate or is Michigan pledging to “keep” cooperating?

This may be the B1G trying to cut the baby in half knowing the payout of Michigan winning the CFP is worth the risk of a few coaches not feeling the punishment was severe enough in the short term…

2 years from now if the NCAA forces them to retroactively declare themselves ineligible based off of a illegal competitive advantage decision so be it. Right now, it’s a business decision.

Michigan to accept Big Ten suspension of Jim Harbaugh, will miss Ohio State game

Thursday's agreement means Harbaugh will serve a suspension for six of Michigan's 12 regular-season games due to two different investigations into Wolverine football.

ZACH BARNETT   28 MINUTES AGO

https://footballscoop.com/news/michigan-to-accept-big-ten-suspension-of-jim-harbaugh-will-miss-ohio-state-game

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

NCAA investigation ongoing but does the B1G have to cooperate or is Michigan pledging to “keep” cooperating?

This may be the B1G trying to cut the baby in half knowing the payout of Michigan winning the CFP is worth the risk of a few coaches not feeling the punishment was severe enough in the short term…

2 years from now if the NCAA forces them to retroactively declare themselves ineligible based off of a illegal competitive advantage decision so be it. Right now, it’s a business decision.

NCAA is toothless. If they try to punish Michigan, that's the first step to spinning off the Big 10 and SEC into their own organization. 

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well that's quite the backdown from Michigan but I guess they got what they wanted with the investigation ending. I guess they can still use this in their martyrdom. 

They might have already gotten what they wanted by posturing...  Perhaps the BIG was talking about more substantive punishments

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Michigan to accept Big Ten suspension of Jim Harbaugh, will miss Ohio State game

Thursday's agreement means Harbaugh will serve a suspension for six of Michigan's 12 regular-season games due to two different investigations into Wolverine football.

ZACH BARNETT   28 MINUTES AGO

https://footballscoop.com/news/michigan-to-accept-big-ten-suspension-of-jim-harbaugh-will-miss-ohio-state-game

The 6 game suspension includes 4 games Harbaugh has already missed.  So he's only gonna miss 2 more games.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan