Texas Spring Football Thread

Fud

3 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

CTJ's report was the first positive comment I remember reading about Roach. Really looking forward to seeing how he puts it together next season.

It sounds as if CTJ has big posts planned for this season so stay tuned.

51 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Kyler Murray’s .409 on-base % jumps off the page, especially for a middle infielder. Last year, he hit like Tebow or Jordan. He’s totally turned it around. I’d be very concerned if I were in Norman.

Is he draft eligible for MLB? I’ve lost track of how many yrs he’s been in college

Kyler Murray’s .409 on-base % jumps off the page, especially for a middle infielder. Last year, he hit like Tebow or Jordan. He’s totally turned it around. I’d be very concerned if I were in Norman.
I'm concerned as well, I was very much looking forward to seeing the munchkin get blown up and broken by someone with longhorns on their helmet..
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

I'm concerned as well, I was very much looking forward to seeing the munchkin get blown up and broken by someone with longhorns on their helmet..

Preferably Hager.

49 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The solicitations for the South End Zone projects have been posted here:

https://apps.utsystem.edu/spo/DisplaySPO.aspx

2.3 PROJECT DESCRIPTION, SCOPE AND BUDGET: The University of Texas at Austin seeks to build an expansion to the Darrell K Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium to replace the existing South End zone bleachers and existing video display with a new South End Zone, video display, and renovate portions of the adjacent MoncriefNeuhaus Athletic Center. This project is a part of Texas Athletics’ ongoing efforts to expand and upgrade their current facilities to provide the best facilities and services for their student athletes, fans, and staff with a critical eye to the latest in student athlete safety, well-being, and rehabilitation. The scope of this project is proposed to include new exclusive suites, clubs, open air concourses, restroom facilities, new coaches offices, a banquet kitchen, premium, Loge, and student seating, private game-day parking, branding graphics, Longhorn Network areas, Sports Medicine/Nutrition areas, hydrotherapy, and other support spaces. The preliminary Total Project Cost (TPC) for this project is $140,000,000. The TPC includes a Construction Cost Limitation (CCL) for the Construction Manager at Risk of $100,000,000. Fees, furnishings, equipment, other work, miscellaneous expenses, and contingencies make up the balance of the TPC.

Spring Practice Report - 4/10/18

Another brief 15-minute practice didn't yield much info, but it did give us something. 
OFFENSE (1st & 2nd): 

QB: Sam, Shane
RB: Young, Carter
XWR: Collin Johnson, Brennan Eagles 
Slot: Jerrod Heard, Humphrey 
ZWR: Devin Duvernay, Davion Curtis
TE: Beck, Leitao
OL (left-to-right): Okafor-Vahe-Shack-ERod-Kerstetter (1st)
Cosmi-Rison-ERod-Imade-Urquidez (2nd)

Noteworthy: Today we saw a little 1's and 2's on air. Mostly zone read, and blocking schemes. After that, they broke into position groups and worked on more blocking techniques. At QB, Beck and Herman took turns with the passers. Ehlinger threw well, but the balls had a tendency to sail. Buechele threw good, but you can tell the non-boundary deep ball just isn't his toss. Rising spits bullets, almost too hard. Thompson looks more comfortable out of the pocket than in the pocket. That's not a surprise for a true freshman. 

At RB, coach Drayton brought over the one-man blocking sled and the tailbacks took turns in their technique. Young is incredibly aggressive and strong. Carter's effort is there. When he hits a hole during team, he's like lightning. But during blitz pickup, there's a lot to be desired. At WR, Lil Jordan Humphrey might not be the biggest of fastest, but he's the best. He just doesn't drop balls and his body control is elite for someone 6-foot-5. Johnson and Duvernay had nice grabs as well. Curtis continues to grow, and Eagles continues to go through growing pains. At OL, Vahe is the meanest. Kerstetter looks like the best prospect. Shack looks like Shack. Okafor is looking better and better, love his growth. And Rodriguez continues to be the Swiss army knife. 

DEFENSE (1st & 2nd):

DL: Hager-Nelson-Omenihu
Rover: Roach
Mac: Wheeler
Safeties at LOS: Bonney and Brown, at deep: Jones and Sterns
CB: Kris Boyd and Davante Davis

DL: Bimage-Graham-Chisholm
Rover: DeMarco Boyd and Dele
Mac: McCulloch and Dele 
Safeties at LOS: Brown and Durst, at deep: Foster and Hank Coutoumanos (walk-on)
CB: Cook and Boyce 

Noteworthy: PJ Locke wasn't seen at practice today, will likely not return this spring, per Herman. Josh Thompson was back in a green jersey. We'll check for an update on him. At DL, the trio of Van Hager, Nelson, and the Omen continue to run the show. TaQuon Graham continues to impress. His combination of size, speed, and strength is one of the best stories out of spring camp. At LB, with Gary Johnson on the shelf, Ayodele and Boyd continue to get reps at rover. 

At CB, the back-pedal drill got some of the team's top corners. Boyd tripped once, Boyce twice, Davante went through effortlessly, and Anthony Cook looks like a damn junior. He plays in 2018. At safety, with PJ out, Caden Sterns ran with the 1's. Chris Brown got some 1st team reps as well, with Bonney at nickel (Thompson in green). On Special Teams, Jerrod Heard and Devin Duvernay were returning punts.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 6