2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

Republicans, please do not distance yourselves from Donald Trump. He is a wonderful person whose ideas & policies may be bad, but who should definitely be given a 2nd term. He is trying very hard & has every right to take down the Republican Party if he has veered too far right!

• Like 2

How come "Will you vote for Pelosi as Speaker?" is literally the first question to every Congressional candidate on the Democrat side, but no one asks "Will you vote for Jim Jordan, who covered up sexual assault as a coach at Ohio State, which is infinity times worse than Pelosi being a liberal woman, for Speaker?" of the Republicans.

Actually, the nutbag teapartiers ask that of my Congressman at the townhalls, because they are pissed that he won’t commit to supporting him. I love the wedge issues that just push themselves.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

How come "Will you vote for Pelosi as Speaker?" is literally the first question to every Congressional candidate on the Democrat side, but no one asks "Will you vote for Jim Jordan, who covered up sexual assault as a coach at Ohio State, which is infinity times worse than Pelosi being a liberal woman, for Speaker?" of the Republicans.

Because Democrats are pussies, that's why.

They should have been making Paul Ryan a national issue for years.  His ideas are wildly unpopular with 80% of America.  "Will Congressman X Vote With Paul Ryan to Cut Medicare to Pay for Tax Cuts?"  Yet, nothing.

Now, the Republicans are running another pedophile for Speaker and the Democrats have nothing.

• Like 1

Do you support Jim Jordan for Speaker if Republicans hold the House?

Do you know Mitch McConnell is less popular than Nancy Pelosi?  No one talks about that. I wonder why.  Because you've spent 8 years demonizing her for being an effective leader.  No one has Mitch McConnell in his ads for doing the same and more.

GOP candidate for FL state house claims to be a college grad.  Her opponent and the U she claims to have graduated say she isn't, so she photoshops herself a degree.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180811/email-indicates-florida-house-candidate-may-have-staged-college-degree-deception

She seems crazy.

But - and this is important - she also seems hot.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

GOP candidate for FL state house claims to be a college grad.  Her opponent and the U she claims to have graduated say she isn't, so she photoshops herself a degree.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180811/email-indicates-florida-house-candidate-may-have-staged-college-degree-deception

“The picture of the diploma shows that Melissa Marie Fox received a Bachelor of Science in Marketing degree from Miami University on December 20, 1996,” Parker wrote. “We have no such record of a degree.”

Parker notes in her email that Miami University doesn’t even offer a degree in marketing.

“Miami University’s degree for Marketing majors then, as it is now, was a Bachelor of Science in Business,” Parker wrote.

Parker goes on to point out that Howard’s actual major — according to university records — was retailing, and “the degree for that program of study was a Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences.”

Lastly, Parker notes that the diploma lists two names James C. Garland and Robert C. Johnson.

“Miami University diplomas contain the signature of the President of the University and the dean of the academic division of the degree,” Parker writes. “While, James C. Garland was President of Miami University in 1996, Robert C. Johnson was Dean of the Graduate School.”

Angry Democrats in liberal academia strike again!

And then she uses her husband's "cardiac episode" to duck the issue.

"It was not my intent to deceive anyone by photoshopping a fake degree and presenting it as something I earned"

She'll get 100% of the trumpkin vote.  In fact, I'll be surprised if Trump doesn't endorse her.  "The FAKE NEWS MEDIA has been very unfair to the lovely and hot Melissa Howard.  She has my full endorsement.  She's pro ICE, pro law-enforcement, and strong on defense and loves our vets and military"

Edited by Gil Bang

“I would like to apologize to my family and my supporters for this situation. It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree. What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service. I am staying in the race and intend to win and lead by example from now on.”

Lol wtf

Edit - sorry Gil, didn’t even realize you were quoting her directly, because that is obviously ridiculous

40 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Oh if only faking a college degree was the worst thing we could point to in the pantheon of recent republican shitbags running for office.

The worst part of this story is her response that she didn't mean to deceive anyone.   Of course, she portrayed herself as having a degree and even going as far to purchase a fake diploma to hang on the wall. But that wasn't too deceive anyone. 

I agree that this transgression is small in the larger picture but it makes you wonder how this person would act if they actually had power.   

Either party can earn respect points in my book if they call out their own when this occurs.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

48 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The worst part of this story is her response that she didn't mean to deceive anyone.   Of course, she portrayed herself as having a degree and even going as far to purchase a fake diploma to hang on the wall. But that wasn't too deceive anyone. 

I agree that this transgression is small in the larger picture but it makes you wonder how this person would act if they actually had power.   

Either party can earn respect points in my book if they call out their own when this occurs.

Yeah she really doubled down on the shitty. She's clearly not a Georgia Tech / Notre Dame fan.

38 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, the apology made it worse. As if faking a diploma with Photoshop would be done for any reason other than to deceive people.

I would fire any employee that blatantly continued to lie about their background.  Now if an applicant was sitting across the desk from me, and they said that they lied on the application to get their foot in their door, I might actually admire their tenacity and their willingness to come clean immediately.  But get caught in that lie, and you're gone. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kansas-governor-concedes-to-kobach-in-tight-gop-primary-2018-08-14

Close race:

Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer has conceded to Secretary of State Kris Kobach in the state’s Republican gubernatorial primary, ending almost a week of uncertainty in a tight election.

Colyer’s concession Tuesday night comes as counties across the state counted provisional ballots from last week’s election, which was too close to call. The most recent vote tally has Kobach leading Colyer by just 345 votes, though counties will continue to make final vote tallies until Aug. 20.

Colyer said at a press conference Tuesday night that he had called Kobach to congratulate him on his success. “We will make sure the next governor is fully prepared and I hope it is a Republican governor,” he said.

Kobach, who was endorsed by President Trump the day before the primary, pushed his connections to the White House and his record fighting illegal immigration during his campaign.

An expanded version of this report appears on WSJ.com.

Edited by zork

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Dems fucked up, which is what we do best. 

Is the fuck up because of the allegations against him that have surfaced, I presume?  They weren't public before the primary, right?

Edited by zork