Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

2d7t1dt.jpg

She's slow, right? It looks like now she's trying to walk it back. I mean, yeah, she's right, its publicly traded, but it's still a private company and not government owned. I think her first problem was posting some sort of gotcha that people already knew. "Dear people, venison is deer meat"

4 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

2d7t1dt.jpg

I'm thinking being decent looking has bought Millie Weaver the benefit of the doubt due to a lot of guy's horniness in the past.  And being excused from checking facts herself.

Edited by Bullneck

9 hours ago, maninblack said:

What government agency, rule or law is being used against Alex Jones?  I ask because that’s the whole premise of the Atkinson video...speaking against a government imposed censorship, which doesn’t seem relevant to anything Alex Jones related.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scottsins said:

What government agency, rule or law is being used against Alex Jones?  I ask because that’s the whole premise of the Atkinson video...speaking against a government imposed censorship, which doesn’t seem relevant to anything Alex Jones related.

You imply these morons understand the difference. There’s no gay cake involved, so no one has first amendment rights here. 

On 8/12/2018 at 7:26 AM, scottsins said:

Didn't maninblack used to say that he was a libertarian? What changed?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article216764750.html

The Federal Communications Commission has shut down a pirate radio station that served as the flagship outlet for conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

The lawsuit filed in federal court in Austin alleges Liberty Radio operated on a channel without a license since at least 2013. The lawsuit names as defendants Walter Olenick and M. Rae Nadler-Olenick.

pols_feature27.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article216764750.html

The Federal Communications Commission has shut down a pirate radio station that served as the flagship outlet for conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. 
The lawsuit filed in federal court in Austin alleges Liberty Radio operated on a channel without a license since at least 2013. The lawsuit names as defendants Walter Olenick and M. Rae Nadler-Olenick.

pols_feature27.jpg

Best landlords? Their slummy apartment complex had some issues

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mystatesman.com/news/local-govt--politics/troubled-northeast-austin-apartment-complex-sold-developer/XlxKw9FL3AOvYCKhTSGbaN/amp.html?source=images

Inspectors have been citing the two apartment buildings for violations for years. The building at 1127 E. 52nd St. has unrepaired fire damage, a deteriorating joist holding up the second-floor overhang and crumbling supports for staircases, according to city records. At the neighboring building at 1205 E. 52nd St., the wood on the second-floor walkway and overhang is rotting, and the balcony and rooftop cantilevers are damaged, city records state.

pols_feature27.jpg

Chances that they are into some DISTURBINGLY freaky shit? 100%. Maybe 200%.

11 hours ago, blackmarketbaby said:

But do you really want it shut down?

Well, they're breaking the law, so yeah.  I don't care what the content is from the perspective of legality.  Communist/Nazi/Vegetarian/AntiVaxx/Lizard People/Beans in Chili.  Doesn't matter.

I'd really like to get back to being a nation of laws, not of men, or teams.  

44 minutes ago, blackmarketbaby said:

Apparently that wasn't his choice. 

Actually it was.  Plenty of people told him that he was sliding into solid defamation territory and he chose to keep on doing it for years.  Years.  Plural or “year”.  

Nothing stopped him from saying a few years ago “hey, I’m wrong on Sandy Hook” and taking the articles down, but nope, he had to keep on fucking that chicken, until the families had enough and sued him this year.

He has nobody to blame but himself  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackmarketbaby said:

There's a lot wrong with me. Never listened to the guy though. Just think these corps are setting a precedent people won't like once it comes to fruition in about 5-10 years. Though most surly posters can't think past their nose.

I don't care too much about Alex Jones, but Facebook jacking with TeleSUR's page is a lot more alarming.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/08/telesur-english-facebook-censorship-news

2 hours ago, blackmarketbaby said:

Atom and brisket make a good point, but no. I'm not a sock. Reasonable maybe.

You not being familiar with Jones, you have to understand that Jones is The Master of the profiting from conspiracy theories game.  The dude has made millions at this game, going back to the 90s.  He's faced plenty of challenges, legal and otherwise, and he's pushed boundaries and sneaked into places where he wasn't supposed to be.

If it were some little blogger that nobody has ever heard from before, and who was new on the scene, and for whatever reason, he's decided he's going to get noticed and is going to fight and die on the hill of Sandy Hook, I could actually see it.   Plenty of people have decided to go that route.  Tilting at windmills and all.  It's not like the guy will be evicted from his parents' basement.

But Jones has played this game for over 20 years.  Hell, back in early 2017, Alex was threatened with a libel suit over the Pizzagate bullshit, and he quickly backed down (within a month) and issued an apology and retractions.  Just a few months later, he was again threatened with a lawsuit after trying to link Chobani yogurt with child sex and tuberculosis and again, within a month, he quickly issued an apology and retractions.

He absolutely hated issuing those apologies and retractions, but he did it, because he knew the pizza people had a solid case and that Chobani had deep pockets and was going to make him pay hard if he didn't back down.  

But with Sandy Hook, he's decided to say "hold my beer and watch this", even though he's opened himself up to losing much, if not all, of his little empire.  A half-dozen families going after him over defamation, all of whom have solid cases, and if he loses, he's fucked.

And this is after he lost millions in his divorce this past year.

It's not going to be YouTube and Facebook and twitter that cause him to spiral in, it's his stupid fucking war against these half-dozen grieving families.

Maybe the divorce fucked with his head.

• Like 1