LSU @ Texas 9/7 6:30 PM on ABC: Geaux Fuck Yourself Bitch

Machinator

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t get the checks we’re making either.  There was one play in the 2nd quarter where LSU clearly had 5 in the box - and all the DBs were so far back they literally couldn’t even be trying to lure us into a run - and Sam checked.  I thought surely he was checking into a run, but then we tried to throw.   We’re making it hard on ourselves. 

yeah what is happening here? i mean we haven't even tried sam keeping on the ZR with a 5 man box

aren't we a ball control offense? 

i cannot remember a half where texas tried to shoot all of its toes off. 

our defense stopped doing what was working and our offense did the same and abandoned the run. i am lost. 

Just now, Smax said:
3 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:
That’s why we should have kicked the FGs and taken out points. We would only be down a TD. Idk wtf Tom is thinking.

Being aggressive, had we scored we all wouod be singing his praises

Exactly. I don’t like Sam running wide, but I like the idea. Didn’t work out, but you had a dropped INT, and you had a td reversed at the half yardline. 

Some of y'all need to calm the fuck down.

We haven't lost anything yet.  We got an explosive passing touchdown and on the first drive we crossed midfield before it stalled.  We got a takeaway deep in their territory.  3 sacks.  They're not just kicking the shit out of us.

We need a stop and a score and we're right back in this thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShadyTiger4TX said:

People are melting down way too early.

Texas has proven they can move the ball. 

Its mistakes from Texas, dropped TD, not taking the points etc that have this not being a tied or one score game. 

I fully believe it's a few big plays from either team to win regardless of the score right now. 

I'd like to say you're right but I think the big plays have already been made.  We needed to run out the half with the ball and ended up giving up what will probably turn out to be the decisive TD.  

Frankly LSU has surprised me with their passing.  Our early offensive playcalling was tighter than a nun's asshole (+ rep if anyone can give me that movie reference).  

4 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Sam is having a bad game, but otherwise it's hard to fault the team's play. Both lines seem to be holding up. CJ can't get open, but we've had our chances. This seems mostly bad coaching. Even in the secondary they don't have guys running wide open. They are just calling a better game and making plays.

Herman is directly responsible for a 14 point swing. The second goal line stand and then having nothing resembling a plan on the 2 minute drill before we gave it back to them.

Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Who has called Collin a 1st rounder

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-WR-Collin-Johnson-2020-first-round-pick-NFL-mock-draft-131678468/

Mock drafts and rankings for 2020 were published almost as soon as the 2019 draft and the Sporting News (No. 29 overall, No. 4-ranked wide receiver) and Athlon Sports (No. 32 overall, No. 7-ranked wide receiver) have Johnson rated as a prospect likely to go in the late first or early second round. As for where Johnson might be selected, four recently-published mock drafts have Johnson going in the early to middle portions of the first round.

With the order of picks being determined largely on Vegas odds for Super Bowl LIV, Sports Illustrated slotted Johnson highest of the four mock drafts in their mock. SI has Johnson going No. 13 overall to the Carolina Panthers, sighting his presence as “a jump-ball nightmare matchup who should be” the top target for Sam Ehlinger and the fit he could “give Panthers opponents a completely different look opposite the speedy D.J. Moore” as to why Johnson could go that high.

SBNation and the Big Lead both have Johnson going No. 22 overall in next year’s draft. SBNation has Johnson going to the Dallas Cowboys with the franchise facing contract decisions on Amari Cooper (he’s expected to get a new contract after being traded for a first-round pick in the 2019 draft), newly-acquired Randall Cobb and injured wideout Allen Hurns; the Big Lead has Johnson headed to the Green Bay Packers where “2020 is about making life as easy as possible” for future Hall of Fame quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

The Sporting News has Johnson going No. 23 overall to the Los Angeles Chargers. Johnson could be of service to another quarterback whose career is likely to take him to Canton one day as “Philip Rivers a big target that will remind him the good-ole days with Vincent Jackson.”

• Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

We haven't lost anything yet.  We got an explosive passing touchdown and on the first drive we crossed midfield before it stalled.  We got a takeaway deep in their territory.  3 sacks.  They're not just kicking the shit out of us.

That was a lucky play and only explosive because it happened to cover 55 yards.

Just now, Cajun said:

Win or lose, we'll know what this team and coaching staff is made of after the next half of football.

Coaches especially.

Playcalling was horribad in the first half.  Ooph!

Yes it was.....this game should be a lot different. Get fucking better playcalls on offense and god damn rushing three

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I’ll have what she’s having

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-WR-Collin-Johnson-2020-first-round-pick-NFL-mock-draft-131678468/

Mock drafts and rankings for 2020 were published almost as soon as the 2019 draft and the Sporting News (No. 29 overall, No. 4-ranked wide receiver) and Athlon Sports (No. 32 overall, No. 7-ranked wide receiver) have Johnson rated as a prospect likely to go in the late first or early second round. As for where Johnson might be selected, four recently-published mock drafts have Johnson going in the early to middle portions of the first round.

With the order of picks being determined largely on Vegas odds for Super Bowl LIV, Sports Illustrated slotted Johnson highest of the four mock drafts in their mock. SI has Johnson going No. 13 overall to the Carolina Panthers, sighting his presence as “a jump-ball nightmare matchup who should be” the top target for Sam Ehlinger and the fit he could “give Panthers opponents a completely different look opposite the speedy D.J. Moore” as to why Johnson could go that high.

SBNation and the Big Lead both have Johnson going No. 22 overall in next year’s draft. SBNation has Johnson going to the Dallas Cowboys with the franchise facing contract decisions on Amari Cooper (he’s expected to get a new contract after being traded for a first-round pick in the 2019 draft), newly-acquired Randall Cobb and injured wideout Allen Hurns; the Big Lead has Johnson headed to the Green Bay Packers where “2020 is about making life as easy as possible” for future Hall of Fame quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

The Sporting News has Johnson going No. 23 overall to the Los Angeles Chargers. Johnson could be of service to another quarterback whose career is likely to take him to Canton one day as “Philip Rivers a big target that will remind him the good-ole days with Vincent Jackson.”

So nobody here. Thanks.