UGA: How to beat the Domers

smwhorn

42 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Didn’t UGa beat the Irish last season? 

Think it was two years ago. I lost a lot of respect for Notre Dame in that game, because South Bend was a sea of red. A little unfair that Georgia gets two home games, but ND agreed to it.... 

What a passionate fan base Notre Dame has... 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
13 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:
I wish both teams would lose, but Notre Dame wins this one.  

Kidding aside, do tell why.

Georgia is SEC and everyone knows when they play a lesser team they don't want to be there.  Georgia has bigger fish to noodle than ND.  ND sneaks in there and beats their inattentive slapdick asses.  

33 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I was hella not impressed with the Irish in Louisville on Labor Day

I have only caught highlights so far this season but there is not one player on that team that would give any top team fits. They should end the year with more than 2 losses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Georgia is SEC and everyone knows when they play a lesser team they don't want to be there.  Georgia has bigger fish to noodle than ND.  ND sneaks in there and beats their inattentive slapdick asses.  

I hope you are right, but on the other hand I like to watch ND lose. 

9 hours ago, Underdog said:

Didn’t UGa beat the Irish last season? 

2017, as someone else pointed out, but to the score of 20 - 19.  That was with Chubb and Michel sharing the backfield.

ND has a much better QB than they had in that game, however I'd say the OL is a step down.  Book does a good job handling pressure.  The bigger question is which ND defense shows up.  The defense that went toe to toe with Clemson for 3 quarters, or the one that completely fell apart in the 2nd quarter when they sustained a few injuries.  They've done a poor job in the beginning of games this season, but they've made adjustments and shut it down after the first few drives.  I'm confidant Georgia walks away with a victory, but I think it'll just be within a score or maybe two.

Edited by ulukinatme

1 hour ago, ulukinatme said:

2017, as someone else pointed out, but to the score of 20 - 19.  That was with Chubb and Michel sharing the backfield.

ND has a much better QB than they had in that game, however I'd say the OL is a step down.  Book does a good job handling pressure.  The bigger question is which ND defense shows up.  The defense that went toe to toe with Clemson for 3 quarters, or the one that completely fell apart in the 2nd quarter when they sustained a few injuries.  They've done a poor job in the beginning of games this season, but they've made adjustments and shut it down after the first few drives.  I'm confidant Georgia walks away with a victory, but I think it'll just be within a score or maybe two.

I'm kind if here. At the end of the day, 14 is a really big number for a spread in a game like this.

15 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

When did the ND defense go toe to toe with Clemson for 3 quarters? 

Agreed on Book, he is solid and can extend plays and drives. The biggest issue with ND, in my opinion, is the losses they have sustained. In 2017 vs UGA they had an insanely good OL. Last year they had a bunch of really talented upper classmen. Coney and Tranquil were great LB, Love was a shut down CB, Tillery a first round pick at DE. I just don't think this ND team is anywhere close to the team they've had the last two years. 

13 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Notre Dame has a chance the day they let a black man be their mascot...........

It's been done, a few times.

norte-dame-mascot-african-american-racis

28 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

When did the ND defense go toe to toe with Clemson for 3 quarters? 

Agreed on Book, he is solid and can extend plays and drives. The biggest issue with ND, in my opinion, is the losses they have sustained. In 2017 vs UGA they had an insanely good OL. Last year they had a bunch of really talented upper classmen. Coney and Tranquil were great LB, Love was a shut down CB, Tillery a first round pick at DE. I just don't think this ND team is anywhere close to the team they've had the last two years. 

It was a 3-3 tie at the end of the 1st.  Clemson then went on a big run in the 2nd quarter attacking Notre Dame's secondary while Julian Love was temporarily out of the game (There were some other injuries sustained that quarter too).  20 of their 30 points came in the 2nd quarter, with two of those TDs coming within the final 2 minutes of the quarter.  Clemson scored just one more TD the last half of the game.  The 2nd quarter was absolutely disastrous, but the game would have been within reach when you consider the other three quarters were some good football.

57 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Tried to add this, but it wouldn't let me go back and edit it:

I agree with much of what you're saying though.  2017 OL was pretty good with two 1st round Drafts on the OL.  QB play left a lot to be desired, but they found ways to makeup for it.  I think this year's team is more complete at many positions than 2017's team, but not as talented as the 2018 team.  The biggest problem right now is they're temporarily missing some of their speedier weapons in Armstrong and Young, and Austin is still suspended for weed till who knows how long.  Cole Kmet is likely to come back from injury this week, which gives them another starter back at TE, but another possession receiver is not what they need against Georgia's defense.  If they come out fast I think it will be a good game and close, but they've started slow against Louisville and New Mexico and that won't fly against the Dawgs.

Edited by ulukinatme

The Ark of the Covenant will self-identify it's location in the "top men" warehouse if bama, georgia and crampkitty all have 3 losses at 11pm on November 30th.  All 3 of them.  Since that is not happening, a domer win today does nothing to solve the sec scourge.  Conversely, a dawg win accelerates domer's departure from the conversation.

And next to land thieves, no side shits the bed on the big stage worse than domer.  It's best for them to leave the conversation as early as possible.

dawg.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

And next to land thieves, no side shits the bed on the big stage worse than domer.  It's best for them to leave the conversation as early as possible.

It's not at all inconceivable that ND will run the rest of their schedule.  They need to lose today.  Team Dawg.