Nine years ago today

Sbbruin

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Just popped up in my facebook feed.  Came to shaggy just before this game to try to get a read on Texas football (found by thujone's UT pimp MSpaint).

Pregaming at Scholz beer garten (or just outside I think in this pic) before my first visit to DKR.

spacer.png

And then went inside

spacer.png

spacer.png

Awaiting the incoming

spacer.png

Fuck you

pos rep. 

• Like 3

Psh! Keep posting it.

We forgot where we came from once. We forgot what it took to get to the top. Season after season, the players rested a little bit more on what everyone else did. The coaches let them. Very quickly, we're all standing around wondering how it all happened. It happens when you're comfortable where you are.

Thou art mortal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Just popped up in my facebook feed.  Came to shaggy just before this game to try to get a read on Texas football (found by thujone's UT pimp MSpaint).

Pregaming at Scholz beer garten (or just outside I think in this pic) before my first visit to DKR.

spacer.png

And then went inside

spacer.png

spacer.png

Awaiting the incoming

spacer.png

for what it’s worth it’s pretty cool you’ve stuck around.  I sure as shit wouldn’t waste time on the internet for 9 years with a bunch of west coast nut job bruins fans. 

11 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

mack thought he had an all world qb in garrett gilbert.  mack turned away many other good qbs.  GDGG sucked ass and we're just now recovering from the long nightmare.

so fuck you mack for being a got damned idiot.

glad you stuck around, sb.

I'm no Mack apologist, but in fairness, a lot of people that are supposed to know about evaluating talent thought he was an all world QB.  He was at least a 4 star recruit if not 5 star.

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

for what it’s worth it’s pretty cool you’ve stuck around.  I sure as shit wouldn’t waste time on the internet for 9 years with a bunch of west coast nut job bruins fans. 

It was one of the worst decisions I've ever made.  The hours wasted around here are as numerous as the stars.

• Like 7

2010: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

It started with Saban fucking up and giving the ball to Colt. 

Then it nearly instantly devolved into the insertion of a true freshman quarterback who couldn't find his own helmet. 

Not done at that point, it went on and on and on and on.

Some say we are not done with that decade, not yet. MensaTom has built up the team to a point not seen in too long, but he has not yet quit doing stupid shit at critical points in games. Or has he? We'll know more in a few weeks, eh?

20 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I celebrated a date like this as well a little over a week ago.  On September 17th, 2011 I took my parent to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.  This happened:

Fucking Kevin Prince threw 3 picks in the first quarter and we were down 21 before I was even sufficiently buzzed from the 5 beers I had snuck in.  Payback was a bitch.

Interesting note. The Wednesday prior to this game, we announced the home and home with Maryland for 2017-2018. 

https://texassports.com/news/2010/9/22/092210aad_810.aspx

Then UCLA happened following shit season after shit season. Since the last Maryland game, we seem to have turned a corner.  

TL;DR: DONT FUCKING SCHEDULE MARYLAND.

19 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I was very optimistic the whole Mack 2.0 era until that dark day in October 2012. Mack should have resigned that afternoon.

The he pulled us back in after we went on to win our bowl game and have our nice run hiring Robinson in 2013 after BYU.. then OSU 2013 halftime it was for sure done and done. 

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Well they did beat us at Cowboys Stadium (I think) when the son's QB played and dumb ass Strong fucked up the coin toss. Not sure which year that was. 

Vic.  Dude.  How was that a fuck up?  We got to kick off both halves.  How many teams have gotten to do that in the 150 years of college football?

• Like 2

That fucking 2010 UCLA game.  I almost got into a fight watching that crap.  I was in the back of a bar losing my shit when I noticed two UCLA frat bros up front.  They'd look back at me now and then and giggle like schoolgirls.  Finally I yelled WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT and got up to smack their skulls together.  My wife grabbed my arm and pulled me down and dragged me out of the place.

Motherfuckers I'm getting pissed all over again thinking about it.

Edited by Mach 1

8 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

That fucking 2010 UCLA game.  I almost got into a fight watching that crap.  I was in the back of a bar losing my shit when I noticed two UCLA frat bros up front.  They'd look back at me now and then and giggle like schoolgirls.  Finally I yelled WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT and got up to smack their skulls together.  My wife grabbed my arm and pulled me down and dragged me out of the place.

Motherfuckers I'm getting pissed all over again thinking about it.

Did they look like this?

spacer.png

• Like 2