Ok Tom, We'll Talk about Kansas Game, Oct 19th 6pm cst LHN

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Maybe this is the long-con Mensa move and he's been saving all his screen plays for Froggy.

Who knows? The only I do know this. Herman’s name isn’t circulating in the NFL conversation among anyone noteworthy. You hear RHule even. Riley ofcourse. Anyone trying to steal our HC? Maybe he and Jimbo should get together and write a book. How to suck as a HC and still make millions....but Who cares what we think. As long as the BMDs are in charge we will and Aggy eventually will replace them with someone equally worthless. 

1 minute ago, williemackgarza said:

Fuck you wally, not suprised by this but wonder how far his depths of dumbassery he can sink too.
Guess he knows no bounds.
Thats what a loser does. Acts like hes not one

So the real winners act like losers when they win?

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Who knows? The only I do know this. Herman’s name isn’t circulating in the NFL conversation among anyone noteworthy. You hear RHule even. Riley ofcourse. Anyone trying to steal our HC? Maybe he and Jimbo should get together and write a book. How to suck as a HC and still make millions....but Who cares what we think. As long as the BMDs are in charge we will and Aggy eventually will replace them with someone equally worthless. 

Fuck the NFL fuck Baylor and Matt Rhule is a fucking retard do not want

21 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Chicken or the egg.

How good of a passer was Stanley before Orlando? Our defense tends to make superstars out of folks.

Ahmad was talking about him being good early in the game and how he was telling the coaching staff.  Stanley put the ball on the money even when he was falling down.  If he had more than a couple of good receivers it would have been really ugly.

10 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yup. Sad thing is, his backup Overshown is out there injured and covering for someone else too. I don't know how the coaches can have a 3 deep at every DB position...I don't even know who you would move back there from the O...

What happened to Tyler Owens? Thought he was gonna be playing a little. They've had some serious bad luck at DB though.

How many guys out? 4? Then how many playing hurt? 

I count 7 players out on defense and at least 2 playing hurt.
Cummins, McCulloch, Floyd, Tillman, Green, Thompson, and Brown out. Overshown hurt. Foster is playing hurt.

Along the D line we are in decent shape.
DL class breakdown looks like this: 4/3/1/6

LB is worse. Our only upperclassman LB is out, and of his 2 freshmen backups one is also out. We are also out a freshman MLB.
LB class breakdown looks like this: 1/0/4/6

DBs were a problem area going into the year. We have one senior and 4 juniors in the secondary, and one of them (Brown) is out.
Green and Thompson are also out, and Foster and Overshown are hurt. 
DB class breakdown looks like this: 1/4/8/4

The fact is we are very young (and that is no one on this staff's fault) and we had little margin for injuries, and we've had more than our share.

That doesn't excuse our atrocious play. Much of our problem starts with lack of pressure and blitzing too often, and too ineffectively.
Our LB corps is young and thin, so when runners get to the second level, or routes go shallow middle, our LBs get exposed.
And our secondary is just getting exposed. They have the physical tools, but they're not playing well - especially open field tackling. That's coaching, I believe.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I wish once that stupid Dickhead would look into the camera and say “tonight was unacceptable...I’ve told our team and coaches that this is unacceptable and I will get things turned around immediately. “

But fuck me right?

Yep.  That would be nice.....But Mensa

12 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm pissed off and will probably regret this post tomorrow.

I'm halfway drunk, though I rarely drink.

I should be balls deep in my wife; however, my GD sister-in-law is still here.

And, I have a soccer game, at 9AM.

F Todd Orlan_o

I'd suggest going with your wife instead.

• Like 2

Keep reading posts about this team not quitting....yes they did quit, just not consistently. The OL quit their protection about 1/3 of the the time, the DBs quit on pass plays quite often, WRs dropped passes, other quit with their lack of focus leading to penalties all year long. The quit is there, particularly with coaches and their sandlot schemes and lack of accountability, and TH quitting on discipline to terminate nonperforming coaches. 

. It’s not CS level quit , but make no mistake , there is quit all over the place. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Squared said:

Keep reading posts about this team not quitting....yes they did quit, just not consistently. The OL quit their protection about 1/3 of the the time, the DBs quit on pass plays quite often, WRs dropped passes, other quit with their lack of focus leading to penalties all year long. The quit is there, particularly with coaches and their sandlot schemes and lack of accountability, and TH quitting on discipline to terminate nonperforming coaches. 

. It’s not CS level quit , but make no mistake , there is quit all over the place. 

A lot on this board.  That's for sure.

Tom may get his wish to talk about Kansas this week.  What an absolute shit show.  I completely agree with Michael Griffins take on the game.  Pathetic Defense, I don't give a damn how many players are out.  

And on the injured players note, how many are injured because they have no fucking clue how to tackle.  I know Brandon Jones tackle form had him in the locker room.  

4 minutes ago, jinx said:

Tom may get his wish to talk about Kansas this week.  What an absolute shit show.  I completely agree with Michael Griffins take on the game.  Pathetic Defense, I don't give a damn how many players are out.  

And on the injured players note, how many are injured because they have no fucking clue how to tackle.  I know Brandon Jones tackle form had him in the locker room.  

Yep. We will be talking about Kansas for a long time, Tom.

If it's a hangover game Tom, it's a hangover game.  Happens to every program once or twice a year.  You don't usually mince word, but forgive us for wondering where the fuck your head was at during this shitshow besides apparently fantasizing about winning multiple national titles and handing the reigns over to Orlando.  TCU is mediocre at best this year but their offense will be dialed into us now.  And your bullshit has us going from people whining about not making the CFP to hoping we make the Liberty Bowl.  Never been sold on you from the get-go and now you're just making it easy on the doubters.  

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I don't know what your first sentence really means, but it made me laugh. So... there is that.

All, we've agreed on your second point from the start.

Have some rep

It's pretty similar to FUPM football.

Except instead of fuck you, it's eat my ass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

If it's a hangover game Tom, it's a hangover game.  Happens to every program once or twice a year.  You don't usually mince word, but forgive us for wondering where the fuck your head was at during this shitshow besides apparently fantasizing about winning multiple national titles and handing the reigns over to Orlando.  TCU is mediocre at best this year but their offense will be dialed into us now.  And your bullshit has us going from people whining about not making the CFP to hoping we make the Liberty Bowl.  Never been sold on you from the get-go and now you're just making it easy on the doubters.  

Yeah but we have so many defensive holes on film that they’ll have to guess which ones to prioritize!!! MENSA!!!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Cummins, McCulloch, Floyd, Tillman, Green, Thompson, and Brown out. Overshown hurt. Foster is playing hurt.

not having cummins available has hindered our defense considerably. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Along the D line we are in decent shape.
DL class breakdown looks like this: 4/3/1/6

LB is worse. Our only upperclassman LB is out, and of his 2 freshmen backups one is also out. We are also out a freshman MLB.
LB class breakdown looks like this: 1/0/4/6

DBs were a problem area going into the year. We have one senior and 4 juniors in the secondary, and one of them (Brown) is out.
Green and Thompson are also out, and Foster and Overshown are hurt. 
DB class breakdown looks like this: 1/4/8/4

The fact is we are very young (and that is no one on this staff's fault) and we had little margin for injuries, and we've had more than our share.

That doesn't excuse our atrocious play. Much of our problem starts with lack of pressure and blitzing too often, and too ineffectively.
Our LB corps is young and thin, so when runners get to the second level, or routes go shallow middle, our LBs get exposed.
And our secondary is just getting exposed. They have the physical tools, but they're not playing well - especially open field tackling. That's coaching, I believe.

Yeah lack of pass rush is destroying the defense...

1 hour ago, futureman said:

what’s the story with chris ash?  obviously he’s better than orlando.  would he take the job?

Was it Ash or Fickel who was the real DC ?   Ash was there for 14-15 but Fickel was co DC from 05-16

i think he would take the job, he was making 2.2M at Rutgers so he would get paid most of that.  He would likely be an improvement but I don't think he's the answer. 

Edited by Treefidy