Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

When I had dinner with tOSU's big cigar...he mentioned his wife 5x as the one that would have to give the green light.  I thought that was him having some wishful thinking BS going on...all of a sudden I think he was dead serious when he said it would need her blessing.  

Also, why is my ass only the second most puckered one on this thread? 

@futureman you are one adventurous bastard...

i love you kiss GIF by Cartoon Hangover

5 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Yeah, no shit. Am I missing something? All this because some rando asked Meyer’s wife if she likes tex-mex and she answered yes? That’s it?

Scroll back farther. It was the other one — the one where a Sooner tweeted at her about “when y’all come to UT” and she replied but didn’t refute it.

35 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

In what scenario does the AD at a school like Texas walk around smiling and giddy after his team loses a football game with a coach on the hot seat?

Maybe the one where his wife texted him right after the game: "Sorry about the loss, Chris.  Hurry home and have your way with me.  Feel free to bring a pom girl."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

MORE

CF7A90C7-FD2C-43E6-B48D-3975764036DA.png

100% believe this I think we get Meyer for 5 to 7 years, that would put him at retirement age and he will have either won another title at Texas and secured his legacy or he and hasn't more than likely won't after 5 years and he calls it a career for good.

Edited by Not a Sock

2 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

100% believe this I think we get Meyer for 5 to 7 years, that would put him at retirement age and he will have either won another title at Texas and secured his legacy or he and hasn't more than likely won't after 5 years and he call it a career for good.

I can see him going on a Saban like run if everything goes smoothly, he was essentially forced out at tOSU. Then shit was catching up to him at Florida. Not saying it's all roses here by any stretch of the imagination but this will definitely be his last go. Might as well go out the GOAT. 

I can see him going on a Saban like run if everything goes smoothly, he was essentially forced out at tOSU. Then shit was catching up to him at Florida. Not saying it's all roses here by any stretch of the imagination but this will definitely be his last go. Might as well go out the GOAT. 

and as of right now it’s Saban, so let’s light a fire!!

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't think he is a grind it out maintain the machine kinda coach like Saban is. I think Meyer is a build a program up and instill a winning culture and take that team to the top.

25 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

When I had dinner with tOSU's big cigar...he mentioned his wife 5x as the one that would have to give the green light.  I thought that was him having some wishful thinking BS going on...all of a sudden I think he was dead serious when he said it would need her blessing.  

Also, why is my ass only the second most puckered one on this thread? 

@futureman you are one adventurous bastard...

DB?

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

What would it take to get there? Two championships here and first to win at three schools and in 4 different conferences. Also winning big at two different blue bloods is pretty rare. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We all assume this will be a short term fix because of Meyer's age and health concerns, but Saban was about the same age when he took the Bama job. Granted, Saban might not even be human.

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn. We're fucking dead ass serious. Has this ever been done before at Texas for a corch? Take inflation into account 

Look up Dana X Bible.  We hired him away from Nebraska in ‘37, during the depression.  Paid him more than any professor at the time.  Quite scandalous at the time.  He was also the coach at TAMU when they won their new found national titles in ‘19 & ‘27.  He is credited with building 3 major programs:  A&M, Nebraska, & Texas.  He set the table for Royal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

What would it take to get there? Two championships here and first to win at three schools and in 4 different conferences. Also winning big at two different blue bloods is pretty rare. 

He’s arguably the GOAT but I think to really put it away he needs 3 in a row, maybe 4 out of 5 or 6. I’m not kidding. No one would say UM over Saban right now. If he wants it he needs a major dynasty run.

$12m also means that we are still the joneses

Let’s be honest, that’s what Texas fans value most.
I think we should all take a step back. No news is breaking this late on a Sunday. If anything maybe tomorrow at noon.

Tuesday. Everything happens on Tuesdays.

14 minutes ago, millhouse said:

5 years at 12 per is nothing. Lock that up.

It's fucking insane that we are in a day and age where you see comments like this. 60 MILLION dollars over 5 years to coach what is effectively an amateur football team. And that is "nothing".

So, anyway... back up that brinks truck and let's get this motherfucker in here before he has time to sleep on it so we can start whipping some ass for the first time in way too long.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oakbrook said:

Look up Dana X Bible.  We hired him away from Nebraska in ‘37, during the depression.  Paid him more than any professor at the time.  Quite scandalous at the time.  He was also the coach at TAMU when they won their new found national titles in ‘19 & ‘27.  He is credited with building 3 major programs:  A&M, Nebraska, & Texas.  He set the table for Royal.

I saw that he was a coach at aggy in 1919/1920 when I was looking up a weird stat for some reason. I always forget he coached at both schools. Weird you brought this up after I just happened upon his name for no real apparent reason lol

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic