Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's fucking insane that we are in a day and age where you see comments like this. 60 MILLION dollars over 5 years to coach what is effectively an amateur football team. And that is "nothing".

So, anyway... back up that brinks truck and let's get this motherfucker in here before he has time to sleep on it so we can start whipping some ass for the first time in way too long.

Interesting timing.  Question on Millionaire tonight is who is the highest paid employee in 40 states and the answer was ‘coach’. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

When Saban was lured to Bama they paid him $4 million per year which was a record at the time for his 1 championship. Ironically Urbans 3 championships at the same age will earn him 12 million per year. 

While upping the payouts for Clemson, Bama and LSU is going to have to pay out the ass when they have to find a replacement coach for O.  Just wow, and pro coaches--guess they just enjoy the love of the game more in the NFL.  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

FCB has posted a zillion articles on Del Conte, in the past.

This "update" could be what Del Conte gave him, or asked him to post.

So... run me some cover Chip (or Ill guarantee you will have zero access to Meyer once this this is done) because these assholes are going to make me lose some of the little bargaining leverage I got?

Just now, 6th Street said:

Chip's prob upset that 247 got scooped by IT and Football Brainiacs so had to throw that stupid ass tidbit out there 

That is my guess as well. Roach was all pissy in other threads about them tracking down a bunch of stuff and will put it out as they get it...that site is taking a real nose dive

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Shhhh. aggy will be announcing Jimbo’s 5 year extension any day now. 

Jimbo is guaranteed to get a big raise and an extension after this season. If we raise the pay scale bar, Jimbo will be getting a massive raise.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yes, they’ve beaten exactly one team that isn’t a complete pile of shit. 

You didn't like that passing display LSU and aggy waged?  That was almost Kentucky Vandy esque.  If I'm a receiver at either of those schools (collie/tiger), I'm transferring.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yes, they’ve beaten exactly one team that isn’t a complete pile of shit. 

Right. Which is pretty in line with the high points of their history. When was the last time they only lost or tied one game, not including '94 (iirc) when they were on probo? Was it '39?

(Okay so just looked it up - they actually went 12-1 in 1992 against an ATROCIOUS schedule. They played 2 ranked teams all season - edging out #17 Stanford 10-7 and getting smoked in their bowl game by #5 ND 28-3. Prior to that? You have to go back to their 9-1 1940 team)

Edited by ztejas

I'd imagine that conversation between Hartzell and CDC going something like:

"Well, I don't know Chris, dropping 100m on a brand new coaching staff probably looks bad during covid..."

and then CDC responds with something like,

"Jay, in a 5 year contract we could be looking at 2 or 3 nattys.. THINK OF THE FUCKING ROI"

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

the fact that so many think this doesn't need her blessing is why there's a 64 page divorce thread on this site.

I’ve seen this type of shit a million times - if the man is bringing in gobs of cash the wife is willing to let him decide to work or not.  That’s life.  Take away the gobs of cash part and you’re right.  That’s why it is odd she would tell him to fuck off if he’s signing up to work for TWELVE MILLION dollars a year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

It is an update. The BMDs are paying for Herman to gtfo. The “they’re going to respect his decision either way” part is because his decision is for them to pay Herman to gtfo. Read ppl.

it's like when we respect the hell out of 5 star recruits' decisions to take their talents to Austin. 

With the slim pickings of actual good candidates this year, Urbs is the only choice if we're truly serious about winning football games..and Championships. Anything less at this point would just cost the program money in the long run..

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic