Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Lou Sassle said:

Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually really hoping Sam DOESN'T come back next year. I like the dude, and he's a gamer, but fuck me his inaccuracies and penchant to hold on to the ball WAY to long drive me nuts. 

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Same here.  I'd buy the mofo a beer if I see him, but yeah, I'm ready for a change at QB. 

You two can rest easy. For now, anyway.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s worse than, or on par with, Jeff Fisher. Let’s hope that it’s a terrible smokescreen. I’m going to hope Dan Mullen is the target, I guess. 

But for real this name needs to be out in the open.

Good ideas should be kept confidential. Bad ideas need to be pilloried in public as soon as possible so they don't come to fruition. Or at least the likelihood is lowered as much as possible.

what kind of pellets did you use? 

Oak/mesquite! I had a big ass, home made, offset smoker when I still lived in TX, but now I live in PA and don't have anywhere to put one. So my brother bought me a pellet smoker. It's not the same, but its better than nothing. 

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Anybody have an idea who might be the NFL candidate IT was discussing the other day? Seemed like some read between the lines that it might be Mike Vrabel.

A few pages back somebody implied their desire for it to be Kubiag.....not sure what to say, but that name is proof that there are worse options than "no 7-9 bullshit" Fisher and Bill Obrien 

Read more IT. It’s not Urban or bust on the search. Franklin is a laughable non starter (Herman would be retained if he’s the plan B). Matt Campbell would probably get the thumbs up to fire Herman and hire him but he’s the absolute floor of the search

5 minutes ago, castolon said:

What in the actual fuck did you do to that piece of meat? 

Bruh, I'm telling you, it was fucking yummy. Smoked for 12 hours on 175, then wrapped in foil and bumped up to 225 for 3 hours. Not a soul said a word while we were eating it. 8 adults ate the whole damn thing in about an hour.

Just now, RGBIII said:

Read more IT. It’s not Urban or bust on the search. Franklin is a laughable non starter (Herman would be retained if he’s the plan B). Matt Campbell would probably get the thumbs up to fire Herman and hire him but he’s the absolute floor of the search

It’s literally Urban or bust. 

• Like 1

Sounds serious. For everyone's safety we should cancel the game. I mean everyone is saying Texas puts money ahead of what's right, several media idiots have been saying that about firing Herman. So I say we step up now and put safety ahead of the $3.5M from the game.

giphy.webp

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if its 4 thats a big hill to climb.  convincing 4 families to move, especially if it is their true home in a successful program that has money.

I agree. They’ve also been highly successful with him as their coach at each stop. We talk about Urbans legacy but they might have the same thought to a smaller degree. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s worse than, or on par with, Jeff Fisher. Let’s hope that it’s a terrible smokescreen. I’m going to hope Dan Mullen is the target, I guess. 

You know Pete Carroll seemed like a bad hire at one time too. Who the fuck knows? I was/am all-in with Urban. Makes too much fucking sense unless he's really done with coaching for good. If we strike out on Urban, Mullen is a good consolation prize, I guess. Mullen with Boom as DC might get me pretty excited -- not sure how possible that is or if it would work but I'm game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, C-Man said:

You know Pete Carroll seemed like a bad hire at one time too. Who the fuck knows? I was/am all-in with Urban. Makes too much fucking sense unless he's really done with coaching for good. If we strike out on Urban, Mullen is a good consolation prize, I guess. Mullen with Boom as DC might get me pretty excited -- not sure how possible that is or if it would work but I'm game.

If he doesn’t take this job, I’m pretty certain he is done.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Just passing what I heard from someone I trust. I hope it’s wrong.  I really do.  

Right, didn't mean to imply anything beyond that. Lots of people hear things right now and shit gets lost in translation. We will see.

But Herman coaching next year is a complete disaster for the program. With the possibility of free transfers in January it would be the worst of all worlds. A lame duck coach will get nobody, lose some key pieces, and won't be able to recruit young talent. The program would be set back a minimum of 4 years.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lou Sassle said:

Bruh, I'm telling you, it was fucking yummy. Smoked for 12 hours on 175, then wrapped in foil and bumped up to 225 for 3 hours. Not a soul said a word while we were eating it. 8 adults ate the whole damn thing in about an hour.

Ok you have to be kidding me. 175 for 12 hours? You cut it like it’s a rack of ribs and you started on the point against the grain and didn’t even cut the flat. You admitted to using pellets and you aren’t ashamed of it, but you should be. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Mullen with coach boom has me renewing my season tickets. Herman retained and Texas will not receive a single dollar of my money. Trying to think of the names that get me to renew and the ones that put me in such a state of apathy that I don’t renew...

Just now, RGBIII said:

Think I’ve been pulling a double shift for a full week now, funny cause I’ve also been pouring doubles for a full week as well

Sounds like it’s time to rally cap bro. We the people are tired of being reasonable with our expectations. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic