Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Ok you surly bastards... there's like 30 more pages since I last checked. And my phone didn't blow up with anything... And I'm not going to read all 30 pages.

Anything interesting happen since about, oh, 11:30pm last night?

get to fuckin' readin' Mr. pussybutt.  put in the work and do your job!

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Why in the everloving fuck would you drink Jack when you could drink Buffalo Trace for the same price?

"Price?" I haven't thought about prices in years. Jack was a getting hammered go-to after the good stuff when in my 20's, and it's worked fine forward from that, on those occasions. Generally speaking, I'll go months without having a single one unless I'm playing golf with friends.

Cheers to however you guys are doing it, honestly.

• Hook 'Em 3

Ok you surly bastards... there's like 30 more pages since I last checked. And my phone didn't blow up with anything... And I'm not going to read all 30 pages.

Anything interesting happen since about, oh, 11:30pm last night?

You were voted shittiest new poster of the week. Your prize is large 2 day olds In and Out fries and a pink butt plug.

To collect your winnings PM Derka.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

"Price?" I haven't thought about prices in years. Jack was a getting hammered go-to after the good stuff when in my 20's, and it's worked fine forward from that, on those occasions. Generally speaking, I'll go months without having a single one unless I'm playing golf with friends.

Cheers to however you guys are doing it, honestly.

Fair enough. My point is there is much better whisk(e)y out there at comparable prices to Jack. Jack just has one hell of a marketing department.

49 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You really hate hamburgers, fries and chili dogs. Probably the 3rd time I've seen you rail against that type of food. 

I’m against forms of foods that substitute lard, grease and salt for actual flavor and taste. It’s lazy and that’s not even going into the health consequences of forming a diet around that kind of food. 

My guess is Urban wants to come to texas, so much so that he blew off his health issues entirely with full focus on getting the juices flowing to get back into it. Now it’s decision time and either him, his family or even his doctors are telling him to slow it the fuck down buddy this is real...I still think if it was the death knell we would know by now...
Fuck all this, if the numbers I'm seeing thrown around are true, he can hire his own doc to follow him everywhere and be on call 24/7...assuming of course the cost of that isnt included in the contract.

Maybe CDC refuses to throw in a young, attractive nurse?

5 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Why in the everloving fuck would you drink Jack when you could drink Buffalo Trace for the same price?

Used to love me some buffalo trace, that's until I found 1835 single barrel. I believe it's bottled in Texas. I even like the 1835 blended more than buffalo and it's about the same price. I like all 3, minus the coke.

To keep it on CUM,  you would think if there's no interest on his side at all he would have made a statement by now. He doesn't seem like an immature man that would troll a university. Seems pretty childish.

14 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Nasty's and Draught Haus were the only places that let us in as high school juniors on the regular. Cheap Shiner and Everclear margarita pitchers. Hung out there with UT LAX on occasion.

Ahh yes, the Nasty's Everclear margs served in the aromatic dishwater scented glasses.  Affectionately called fish-o-ritas by my crew. They dipped the glasses in that slop juice bucket for every bit of 5 seconds, which obviously disinfected and deodorized them for the next derelict/customer/me.    Once you got past the first rita you never noticed the smell again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One other thing for those who give a shit. Apparently, when Joe Brady interviewed for the South Carolina job recently, he balked/blanched at all of the requirements of the job once presented with them. He's not ready for prime time as a HC yet. Texas does not have him on the list accordingly.

One of the big issues in this cycle, if they don't land Meyer, is that they want to "know" that whoever they hire can handle the size and scope of the role at Texas. Basically, there's a consensus that Herman and Strong were overwhelmed by all of the tasks required of them and there's no excuse for making that mistake again.

and this is why you don't bring your G fuckin' 5 stooges with you on the best gig you will ever land...Christ on a popsicle stick did anyone ask either of these 2 yoke heads how he was going to fill out his staff?

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’m against forms of foods that substitute lard, grease and salt for actual flavor and taste. It’s lazy and that’s not even going into the health consequences of forming a diet around that kind of food. 

I might die before you but I will die happy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One other thing for those who give a shit. Apparently, when Joe Brady interviewed for the South Carolina job recently, he balked/blanched at all of the requirements of the job once presented with them. He's not ready for prime time as a HC yet. Texas does not have him on the list accordingly.

One of the big issues in this cycle, if they don't land Meyer, is that they want to "know" that whoever they hire can handle the size and scope of the role at Texas. Basically, there's a consensus that Herman and Strong were overwhelmed by all of the tasks required of them and there's no excuse for making that mistake again.

Well, that narrows it down to about five guys  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So here's an honest question: why not pare down the non-Xs-and-Os and non recruiting tasks to an admin type? Or are you saying that these HCs don't know how to delegate?

1 minute ago, senorfussybutt said:

So here's an honest question: why not pare down the non-Xs-and-Os and non recruiting tasks to an admin type? Or are you saying that these HCs don't know how to delegate?

Correct, a lot of the folks that have not been HC do not know how to delegate as they have never had to do it.  Texas is not the place to learn on the job for that.

30 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Nasty's and Draught Haus were the only places that let us in as high school juniors on the regular. Cheap Shiner and Everclear margarita pitchers. Hung out there with UT LAX on occasion.

I was a bartender at Nasty’s while attending UT. 97-99

The everclear floater was to cover up the god awful brand of tequila. Glad you guys didn’t die from that shit 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, NAVY said:

The everclear floater was to cover up the god awful brand of tequila. Glad you guys didn’t die from that shit 

Darn, and all this time me and my buds were blowing our $10 at DoubleDaves every Wild & Wooly Wednesday.

• Like 1

Fuck all this, if the numbers I'm seeing thrown around are true, he can hire his own doc to follow him everywhere and be on call 24/7...assuming of course the cost of that isnt included in the contract.

Maybe CDC refuses to throw in a young, attractive nurse?

He can do that anywhere. OSU, USC, ND, Florida, etc. Any school would get him a full time doc if he asked for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-35419201-129216

All paths lead to butter.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Getting all hoity-toity with the booze and fast food on this thread has been bizarre to watch. This site is loaded to the brim with poors, degenerates, hustlers, hillbillies, and assclowns. I'm guessing anything beyond the well rotguts at the local Sizzler has most of you priced out of your comfort zone. Also, @Newy25 doth protest too much. I'm guessing he was backing his truck up to the window at McDonald's on a daily basis for years before having a heart attack at 38, a stomach band put in at 42, popped that at 43, and then got religion and lost the weight after the gastro bypass at 45 when the doctor warned him that he was at "the end of the line".

You are close but not exactly on the mark. You just described the eating patterns and resulting health consequences of my father. Watching my father eat himself into an early grave shaped my view on food and health. Beyond that motivation I have become obsessed with smoking my own meat (deer, elk I’ve personally hunted). My wife is obsessed with vegetables we grow ourselves (limited due to the climate in Colorado) and the food we make tastes so much better than all of this fast food shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This makes a ton of sense, and man I’m glad to hear it, but it sure does narrow down the list of potential candidates 

• Fuck You 1

This guy is the author of an article on the very sketchy website Austonia.com. He discusses Urban's wife doing some real estate shopping down here in Austin. This may in fact be the origin of this canard, and if it turns out to be true congratulations to this young man for breaking the story. The fact that Andrew Zimmel is an alumnus of Texas State, and his having what I would call a less than serious appearance, make me question whether he is just trolling already well beaten down Longhorn fans. If that is the case, I hope that something equally unfortunate befalls this rotund writers' big fat ass. 

image.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Current buzz out there is that Elko could be a legit HC candidate this offseason and Muschamp takes the DC gig at ATM. He and Jimbo are friends and aggies have short memories once they're validated by someone choosing to work for them who they'd previously hated. 

Notable exception to you young-ins about aggy not forgetting nor forgiving where you coached before is Emory Bellard, who left TEXAS as OC to head coach at aggy, installed the wishbone, and aggy won many games, 1 SWC co-champion, 2 10-win seasons, etc., in almost 7 years, and to this day aggy that remember go all-aggy on him, assume he was a Texas plant to sabotage aggy, and believed this fervently even when they beat Texas! The related insanity of "You're just a Texas trojan-horse sent to sabotage our football program!" pressure in the Brazos bottoms got so bad that Bellard resigned in the middle of his last season there.

If you ever want a good laugh about from whence a lot of this aggy-myopia/-insanity comes from, you should read about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NAVY said:

What was the cheap night Tuesday 1 or 2 dollar beers or something?  We use to go then, always a interesting crowd.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

and this is why you don't bring your G fuckin' 5 stooges with you on the best gig you will ever land...Christ on a popsicle stick did anyone ask either of these 2 yoke heads how he was going to fill out his staff?

One of the questions he allegedly shat himself answering was about who he'd bring with him on his staff. Apparently there wasn't a lot of substance and a lot of stammering. I'm guessing no one at Texas asked that question of either guy that we hired, based on what they did with their staffs once landing the gig.

Shit, Herman showed everyone a sign regarding how small time he was when chose not to bring Darrell Wyatt with him to Texas because Wyatt was too adamant with some of his commentary about what it's like to coach at Texas and what Herman and staff needed to start getting ready for ahead of showing up. Instead of bringing Wyatt along for the wisdom, help, and recruiting, he showed up with Drew fucking Meh-ringer. Wyatt was "not aligned and too presumptuous."

1 minute ago, senorfussybutt said:

A job at a place like Texas goes far beyond recruiting, X's & O's, and motivating players. That's like thinking the POTUS is only responsible for being Commander in Chief; or a CEO is only responsible for P&L in a business. All a HC has to worry about somewhere like Louisville or Houston is the football program itself. There's like 5 other major responsibilities for the HC at a blue blood, and maybe specifically at Texas even beyond just other blue bloods. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fair point but not great to here that the list is even slimmer. 

Also didn't know Brady interviewed for SCe. Interesting that he even took that one

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One of the big issues in this cycle, if they don't land Meyer, is that they want to "know" that whoever they hire can handle the size and scope of the role at Texas. 

11 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Well, that narrows it down to about five guys  

It sure does. Coaches who fit that bill and might be available–

Muschamp (Florida) - Fired

Harbaugh (Michigan) - Probably will be fired

Franklin (Penn State) - Could be fired

Cristobal (Oregon) - Job is safe, but only his third year, and not sure Oregon has the size and scope of the Texas job

Who else? 

11 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Darn, and all this time me and my buds were blowing our $10 at DoubleDaves every Wild & Wooly Wednesday.

You saved your lungs from the eleventy million cigarettes smoked nightly at Nastys. So that’s nice 

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Cristobal (Oregon) - Job is safe, but only his third year, and not sure Oregon has the size and scope of the Texas job

Who else? 

Mike Sherman? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Who else? 

Pete Caroll (keep dreaming)

Bob Stoops (still enemy #1)

Mack Brown (lol)

Les Miles (fired)

Would an NFL HC qualify?

A job at a place like Texas goes far beyond recruiting, X's & O's, and motivating players. That's like thinking the POTUS is only responsible for being Commander in Chief; or a CEO is only responsible for P&L in a business. All a HC has to worry about somewhere like Louisville or Houston is the football program itself. There's like 5 other major responsibilities for the HC at a blue blood, and maybe specifically at Texas even beyond just other blue bloods. 

And I'm asking why are we unnecessarily handicapping ourselves? Sure, POTUS's job scope is huge. Counterpoint: a (competent) POTUS has all sorts of procedures and bureaucrats in the background running a well-oiled machine. But your argument is "We're Texas" so we won't actually try to help our coaches actually win?

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Who else? 

If we end up with anyone on this list, lord help us. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic