Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JTL512/history/20201201/0000Z/KVNY/KAUS

there is now a 21-minute hop on the flight plan from columbus to suburban cincy.   very interesting.

tomorrow's flight plan looks like this:

AUS 0830 - 1211 AGC (old inner-city airport 5mi SE downtown pittsburgh)

AGC 1430 - 1501 CMH (90-minute layover in CMH)

CMH 1600 - 1621 LUK (old inner-city airport 2mi E downtown cincinnati)

the next stop on the flightplan is the moneyshot

So we're going after Fickell instead?

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What did we miss? They’re talking about Tennessee currently. 

Talking about Herman and Texas right now

Edit:  Mentions working with Urban, his health issues, and competitive.  Says CDC respected -- not sure how it will end up yet.

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

there is now a 21-minute hop on the flight plan from columbus to suburban cincy.   very interesting.

Picking up UM's son? for the presser?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, texasfight2025 said:

There are also manufacturing guidelines to make it officially “bourbon.”  Jack is filtered over charcoal which is a bourbon no-no

You've got this backwards - bourbon whiskey does have standards, and Jack Daniels and Dickel both meet them. However, those style themselves as "Tennessee Whiskey" because they are made in Tennessee and use a charcoal steeping step called the Lincoln County Process.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

You've got this backwards - bourbon whiskey does have standards, and Jack Daniels and Dickel both meet them. However, those style themselves as "Tennessee Whiskey" because they are made in Tennessee and use a charcoal steeping step called the Lincoln County Process.

Is that anything like the Cleveland Steamer? 

43 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So something like.... the contract guys/AD reps go out on Saturday to LA to meet with Meyer, wrap Sunday. Deal with paperwork with Fox on Monday and fly back. Then the same plane heads to Pitt  (maybe to get Urban Meyers lawyer or agent) and then to Columbus to meet and sign off tomorrow afternoon...

image.thumb.png.332ebae91f34cf70448ecf3e671c887d.png

So you're saying step 6?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Really? I think the coaching search threads are the most entertaining aspect of the football program over the last 10 years.

I just can't decide if the kool-aid tastes better in this thread or the annual summer practice reports that have us looking like the 2001 Miami Hurricanes.

This is the most action on Surly since the season began I think.  It was a ghost town for a while.

Now I am having a hard time keeping up with the hamburger comparisons, bourbon critiques, cheese puns and one hit wonder obituaries on the Urban Meyer thread.

If this isn't what you come to Surly for, then that is a YOU problem man.

Now I have to work for a few hours so I can spend the rest of the night reading the history of why Jack Daniels isn't a bourbon while following random aircraft across the country.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, THUJONE said:

I'm all in on the game theory now. If it was a non-starter we'd know. Shit is quiet. It's happening.

It's too quiet.  No one is saying shit.  Meyer hasn't said shit.  The entire football program is on pins and needles since no one in the AD is giving them any sense of comfort.  I'm going to drink the kool aid.  They have been flirting for damn near 2 months and if the offer is out with what Meyer wants, then I don't know how he doesn't accept.  He's had two month to think about his health, talk to family, have conversations with assistants.  This shit has to be happening....

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Only staffers that may be of interest are Dan Enos who is the RB coach and was with Saban recently. 

Greg Gillum who is Chief of Staff and worked at Ohio State until 205. 

Mitch Marotti who is Operations & Video Assistant currently and seemingly the son of Mickey. 

2 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I've got a buddy who is a high-up in a big time Dallas firm. Alum, season ticket holder, kids go to Texas, pals around with some big money--the whole deal. Very connected. He says he has no idea what's going on.

I don’t believe him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic