Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

25 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. Sounds exactly like ... oh, I dunno ... something the site owner would post to get more subscribers signed up.

In fairness, it was just a random IT poster who said it based on a conversation he/she had with somebody with alleged inside info. The info, should you choose to believe it, is that Urban-to-Texas has gone from what many thought was a done deal last night to a 50-50 proposition at this point.

20 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I wish someone could've seen Herman failing miserably this yr.  It's so shocking. Normally firing your coords and hiring new ones always works. 

It's ok, Tom. You tried.

Now, pack up your shit and move, please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Herman was given the following contract in 2018:

FY 2019: $5,750,000
FY 2020: $6,000,000
FY 2021: $6,250,000
FY 2022: $6,500,000
FY 2023: $6,750,000

That's $31.25 million dollars. He's getting all of it for only having coached two years. That's $15.625M/year for the two season he coached before getting fired for sucking.

Paying Urban $12M/year looks like a fucking bargain comparatively.

CDC may not be responsible for the Herman hire, but he deserves to be put to task and called out for this abomination of a contract jfc 

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

CDC may not be responsible for the Herman hire, but he deserves to be put to task and called out for this abomination of a contract jfc 

That was Fenves call (supposedly). Think FCB reported it who has seemed CDCs mouthpiece FWIW

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Herman was given the following contract in 2018:

FY 2019: $5,750,000
FY 2020: $6,000,000
FY 2021: $6,250,000
FY 2022: $6,500,000
FY 2023: $6,750,000

That's $31.25 million dollars. He's getting all of it for only having coached two years. That's $15.625M/year for the two season he coached before getting fired for sucking.

Paying Urban $12M/year looks like a fucking bargain comparatively.

I have a feeling he doesn't get it all. 

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I’m not blown away by any options outside of Urban. If Urban says no for now but he thinks he’ll be ready to get back into coaching a year from now, it may be worth it to hold out one more year. And yes, I know that means suffering another year of turtle Tom. Ugh

Then you can count 2021 and 2022 recruiting as dead.

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Is that because we have dirt on him that will force him to take a reduction, or because of the off-set clause?

Why not both? His particular set of skills is probably exactly what Liberty is looking for. You know what they say, one school's firing for cause is another school's hiring for cause.

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Cause?

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Is that because we have dirt on him that will force him to take a reduction, or because of the off-set clause?

I mean, between the two options I guess you're going to go with  "cause" in this situation. But in reality, the answer is really gamesmanship. We have plenty of dirt on Herman. Is most of it shit we don't want to use? Yeah. But is it also shit that any potential future employer doesn't really want to hear? Also yes. So you don't look like a shitty, petty employer by taking Herman to court. And Herman doesn't take you to court because he doesn't want this shit to be recorded as a matter of public record. So you guys settle for a smaller amount and everyone moves on with their lives.

If you're Texas, even with the money being tight, do you want us to publicly drag Herman to court because he is a profligate and an obnoxious drunk? Think of what other coaches following that might think. It won't look good for us when we inevitably beg Hugh Freeze to come coach here in 2021. /ducks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Herman's buyout is $5mil per remaining year, paid in monthly installments, with offset.

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/6848d600da55db1efc9d299a0d4f9d76/Herman_contract.pdf

This isn't the most recent contract, so the terms for the amounts owed if fired without cause may not be the same. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, between the two options I guess you're going to go with  "cause" in this situation. But in reality, the answer is really gamesmanship. We have plenty of dirt on Herman. Is most of it shit we don't want to use? Yeah. But is it also shit that any potential future employer doesn't really want to hear? Also yes. So you don't look like a shitty, petty employer by taking Herman to court. And Herman doesn't take you to court because he doesn't want this shit to be recorded as a matter of public record. So you guys settle for a smaller amount and everyone moves on with their lives.

If you're Texas, even with the money being tight, do you want us to publicly drag Herman to court because he is a profligate and an obnoxious drunk? Think of what other coaches following that might think. It won't look good for us when we inevitably beg Hugh Freeze to come coach here in 2021. /ducks. 

We’ve done much worse than Freeze.  Herman couldn’t handle Freeze’s junk if he tried.  Or something like that.  

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yes, the "blocked" plane I was tracking yesterday (that went Austin --> LA --> Austin) is now set to touch down in Columbus, OH at 3:00 p.m. local time. 

So maybe squid was actually fucking right about the early morning meeting? 

picked up in LA to Austin for meeting now taking home to talk family and/or osu coaches. 

Edited by Xian

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yes, the "blocked" plane I was tracking yesterday (that went Austin --> LA --> Austin) is now set to touch down in Columbus, OH at 3:00 p.m. local time. 

That's some damn impressive work. On his way to go grab Pantoi and Marotti obviously. 

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't want people moving here, but I want it featured more. It's a beautiful city. Plus at this point we need all the help we can get with recruiting. 

"I dont want people moving here. I just want the city itself even more exposed and lauded for being the motherfucking badass place that it is, but not in a way that would make anyone want to move here." 

Classic Spider2yBanana. Must have been the only guy in HS who heard about how awesome pussy was but then had no desire to do any fucking of his own. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's fucking trash is what it is, next someone going to tell us Southern Comfort is something other than the Boone's Farm of American Spirits. 

The only booze I won't drink due to massive overconsumption one New Year's Eve in my early 20s. The nasty sugary taste is worse on the way back up. That stuff is the Devil's juice.

Edited by BradInATX

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

"I dont want people moving here. I just want the city itself even more exposed and lauded for being the motherfucking badass place that it is, but not in a way that would make anyone want to move here." 

Classic Spider2yBanana. Must have been the only guy in HS who heard about how awesome pussy was but then had no desire to do any fucking of his own. 

I thought your dumbass had me on ignore? Do you think about me fucking your wife? You must touch yourself thinking about me, I swear to God. Your obsession is beyond strange. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's fucking trash is what it is, next someone going to tell us Southern Comfort is something other than the Boone's Farm of American Spirits. 

Based on the food choices on this board,  Southern Comfort is likely only consumed on special occasions like Weddings or Thanksgiving Dinners. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic