Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I want a ruthless sob coaching my team.  If its UM, and we ink him up tonight, let him decide.  He may opt to pull Herman off the plane Friday morning, and you know what, I'd let him.

No no, you let him fly to Manhattan, and then cancel his hotel reservation and make him find his own way back

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is it true the prorated buy out doesn’t in into effect until midnight tonight?

Years from now I'm going to be locked in an asylum somewhere, rocking back in forth in a padded room wearing a straight-jacket, repeatedly muttering: "Buyout comes down at midnight. Just wait til midnight. Buyout comes down!"

My beautiful wife - hair now grayed from watching me waste away - with our kids beside her will dab a tear away as she says under her breath but loud enough for all to hear, "If only that no good sum bitch Chris Del Conte had've hired Urban Meyer. We'd be a proper family again!"

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Haven't heard that mentioned to this point. Have only seen reports that it drops Dec. 1, which is itself unverified and could only logically be based on the 2019 contract extension/amendment (which isn't public) since that would be inconsistent with his base contact. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe this thread can answer something for me. Does the distinctive bourbon flavor come from mash stock, from distillation, or fromage?

Mash bill of 51%or more  corn And Bourbon specific aging conditions of new charred oak barrels 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Jose Lima's wife, Melissa

jose-lima-wife.jpg

*stares in awe*

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I concur, although 1 is playing major league ball while 2-5 are scattered around the minors. 2 probably gets the a call-up later in the season. 

Agreed on #1.  2 and 3 are both battling for the same callup spot.

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Burger talk it is. Currently at twin peaks. Views are great, depending on the location you go to. But every burger I’ve ever had here is extremely average to below average. Will report back on this hangover burger, love a burger with an egg on it

You should have gone with the wings bro.  And the venison chili queso.

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's ~$5MM per year in 'damages' after he is fired. Paid in monthly installments (according to his original contract). He current get's prepaid the 1st of every month. So Dec 1 marks his last full salary paycheck of the year before he gets a bump for 2021 or is fired. Don't think any prorating necessary if he is paid for the next months work. Idk I may be wrong.

Page 12

B. Termination by the University without Cause. The University shall have the right to terminate Coach’s employment and this Agreement (and the related Professional Services and License Agreement) without any reason and without cause prior to the expiration of the Term as stated in Section 3 above. In the event this Agreement is terminated without cause: (1) all obligations of the University to Coach pursuant to this Agreement shall cease as of the date of any such termination, (2) Coach shall be eligible for any post-termination benefits applicable to regular employees of the University (i.e. COBRA insurance eligibility, etc.), and (3) the University will pay to Coach, in lieu of any and all other legal remedies or equitable relief available to Coach or LLC, liquidated damages equal to $5,000,000 for each remaining contract year (pro-rated for partial month/months) of the unexpired Term of this Agreement as stated in Section 3 above. Such liquidated damages shall be paid in monthly installments beginning on the date of termination through December 31, 2021, the term over which any such liquidated damages will be paid shall be referred to as the “Payout Period.”

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/6848d600da55db1efc9d299a0d4f9d76/Herman_contract.pdf

Edited by CenTex Hill Billy

54 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I will say, I did some digging into the Squid/RapGame/BevoBlvd accounts and I think they at least have some pretty strong Texas and sporting connections. They've been adamant about UM for quite awhile and did call the Ewers commitment, decommitment, and tOSU commitment.

Can confirm based on what KY sent

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. I have to admit, your holy war against the general surly palette is one of the most unexpected and exciting things to have come out of this thread for me. I'm looking forward to, nee expecting, you to continue this crusade on the food and travel board and generally continue to excoriate this forum on what I assume is rampant obesity and diabetes for years to come. Don't let me down, Newy.  

I did not even know such a sub forum existed until now. I just just assumed any functioning adult would avoid a drive though fast food place unless they were stranded with no other food options or suffered from some sort of compulsive eating and diarrhea disorder. I’m honestly terrified to venture into a sub forum where people argue which form of evisceral vomit is better between Taco Bell and Chipotle. 

33 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I was at Nasty's back in the day, shooting pool with Peter Gardere's neighbor. He whipped out a one-hitter that had to be from outer space, or the future...maybe both. I was already in no condition to "herb up," because the bartender at Nasty's sometimes wouldn't stir the grain alcohol into the pitcher of margaritas. it would mostly just sit on the top. If that happened, and you poured yourself the first drink, it was a hammer. That happened to me twice that night. There was also an Asian girl there who kept screaming at me. Apparently, freshman year, I stood up her friend that I was supposed to have taken to a Cult concert. But she doesn't matter. Anywho, I was a wreck. I was close to hallucinating, and needed some air. They had a small patio, and I went out there to collect myself.

One of my friends followed me out, and was drunk rambling about a rode trip to Nuevo Laredo for quasi-legal purposes. Then, a voice from the corner of the patio said, "It's a long road to Laredo." I almost jumped out of my skin. I didn't know anyone else was there. He pulled back the hoodie that was covering his head. It was a white guy with a buzz cut, close to my age. He walked up to me, with a vibe of quiet confidence, and said, "Years from now, when you think the Longhorn football program is dead, I will return. The entire university will receive total consciousness." 

I looked down at the table to grab my drink, looked back at him, and he was gone. I was messed up, so I can't be certain, but I am pretty sure that man was Butch Jones. 

Did you play Rugby?  That's where we used to hang out.

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I did not even know such a sub forum existed until now. I just just assumed any functioning adult would avoid a drive though fast food place unless they were stranded with no other food options or suffered from some sort of compulsive eating and diarrhea disorder. I’m honestly terrified to venture into a sub forum where people argue which form of evisceral vomit is better between Taco Bell and Chipotle. 

This is probably Newy at a dinner party - 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

To be clear the prorated buy out goes into effect when he's fired. If he was fired today, the prorated amount would be yearly damages X the fraction of time remaining in the year. 

$5MM x 30/365 = $410,958.90

So total buyout would be ~$15,410,985.90.

Which is pretty close to the figure 247 and other news orgs hyped as the buyout # for Herman as of today.

Edited by CenTex Hill Billy

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This isn’t fucking food. Not unless you made extremely poor life choices in life and were served this in prison. 

I don’t know,... those fries took a lot of time and attention, it was a Serious process to make the fries like that. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you mean does it pro-rate day by day, yes.

(Fuck if anybody knows.  Consensus is buyout is a fixed percentage of unpaid term, there is no step down.)

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic