Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Some sooner I know says Herman gets shit canned tomorrow. He won’t say much more

28 minutes ago, Drew said:

So Urban or Nah?

(If this is true) I would assume that means Urban is coming on board.  Otherwise, I see no real advantage -- other than massaging our fanbase -- to firing him a few days in advance of potentially our last regular-season game.  Unless the replacement is ready to be announced the next day, just let him coach the rest of the week. Otherwise we should've fired him Sunday afternoon.

Edited by C-Man

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You've got this backwards - bourbon whiskey does have standards, and Jack Daniels and Dickel both meet them. However, those style themselves as "Tennessee Whiskey" because they are made in Tennessee and use a charcoal steeping step called the Lincoln County Process.

This is my understanding as well.  "Tennessee Whiskey" is an attempt by its makers to distinguish themselves from bourbon (and in part, Kentucky), not the other way around.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I will say, I did some digging into the Squid/RapGame/BevoBlvd accounts and I think they at least have some pretty strong Texas and sporting connections. They've been adamant about UM for quite awhile and did call the Ewers commitment, decommitment, and tOSU commitment.

Yeah, but Bevo Blvd said Grande Meal said that the ISU game was gonna be cancelled and it wasn't. I lost all trust for Grande Meal after that.

Edited by jinx
Shit, I can't believe that was the best I can do for a 1000th post, but at least it is in this historical thread.

Just now, jinx said:

Yeah, but Bevo Blvd said Grande Meal said that the ISU game was gonna be cancelled and it wasn't. I lost all trust for Grande Meal after that.

Grande Meals will always disappoint. To be fair, I think he said there was a good chance of it getting canceled. 

2 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

This is my understanding as well.  "Tennessee Whiskey" is an attempt by its makers to distinguish themselves from bourbon (and in part, Kentucky), not the other way around.  

After prohibition, every distiller had to apply to the treasury department for classification of their product for tax purposes. The Motlow family wanted their product not to be classified as bourbon so that it might be able to market Jack Daniels as "more than bourbon."

Accordingly, the treasury department agreed and legally classified Jack Daniels as other than bourbon. This classification isn't recognized in import/export treaties.

NAFTA, for example, considered Jack Daniels as bourbon whiskey.

Jack Daniels is produced as bourbon, but marketed otherwise with the alternative classification a domestic U.S. legal, political and bureaucratic oddity granted as a favor by the U.S. Treasury department to the Motlow family.

jack daniels not bourbon.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Some sooner I know says Herman gets shit canned tomorrow. He won’t say much more

But, today is TUESDAY!

26 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So.... CDC/AD reps fly to LA to meet with Meyer after his show on Saturday. Talks continue until they get a working agreement and Meyer has to fly back on Monday. Reps fly back Monday night. Same plane then goes to Pitt (Meyers lawyer/agent? ) and to Columbus to pick up Meyer and then a quick stop to pick up his son in Cinci so he can be there for the announcement?

Tomlin as DC, Fickell as OC, assistant budget ballooned to $18m

17 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Fuck it.   The best cheeseburger is........

Chili cheeseburger, Blue Sky, Lubbock, TX.

4 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

Kirk Bohls calls into ESPN to discuss Sterns, Cosmi, firing Herman, and Urban Meyer

https://media.podserve.fm/media/episodes/user_1118/1643/12-1-20_Kirk_Bohls.mp3

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

For example, Scotch is Whiskey, but not Bourbon

Wrong. Scotch is Whisky. 

edit:  damnit, I can’t keep up.  Three pages back:

Edited by nnm

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

I was at Nasty's back in the day, shooting pool with Peter Gardere's neighbor. He whipped out a one-hitter that had to be from outer space, or the future...maybe both. I was already in no condition to "herb up," because the bartender at Nasty's sometimes wouldn't stir the grain alcohol into the pitcher of margaritas. it would mostly just sit on the top. If that happened, and you poured yourself the first drink, it was a hammer. That happened to me twice that night. There was also an Asian girl there who kept screaming at me. Apparently, freshman year, I stood up her friend that I was supposed to have taken to a Cult concert. But she doesn't matter. Anywho, I was a wreck. I was close to hallucinating, and needed some air. They had a small patio, and I went out there to collect myself.

One of my friends followed me out, and was drunk rambling about a rode trip to Nuevo Laredo for quasi-legal purposes. Then, a voice from the corner of the patio said, "It's a long road to Laredo." I almost jumped out of my skin. I didn't know anyone else was there. He pulled back the hoodie that was covering his head. It was a white guy with a buzz cut, close to my age. He walked up to me, with a vibe of quiet confidence, and said, "Years from now, when you think the Longhorn football program is dead, I will return. The entire university will receive total consciousness." 

I looked down at the table to grab my drink, looked back at him, and he was gone. I was messed up, so I can't be certain, but I am pretty sure that man was Butch Jones. 

Great story you had me all the way to Jones, now if you would have said Hadnot, we'd be allright

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I was at Nasty's back in the day, shooting pool with Peter Gardere's neighbor. He whipped out a one-hitter that had to be from outer space, or the future...maybe both. I was already in no condition to "herb up," because the bartender at Nasty's sometimes wouldn't stir the grain alcohol into the pitcher of margaritas. it would mostly just sit on the top. If that happened, and you poured yourself the first drink, it was a hammer. That happened to me twice that night. There was also an Asian girl there who kept screaming at me. Apparently, freshman year, I stood up her friend that I was supposed to have taken to a Cult concert. But she doesn't matter. Anywho, I was a wreck. I was close to hallucinating, and needed some air. They had a small patio, and I went out there to collect myself.

One of my friends followed me out, and was drunk rambling about a rode trip to Nuevo Laredo for quasi-legal purposes. Then, a voice from the corner of the patio said, "It's a long road to Laredo." I almost jumped out of my skin. I didn't know anyone else was there. He pulled back the hoodie that was covering his head. It was a white guy with a buzz cut, close to my age. He walked up to me, with a vibe of quiet confidence, and said, "Years from now, when you think the Longhorn football program is dead, I will return. The entire university will receive total consciousness." 

I looked down at the table to grab my drink, looked back at him, and he was gone. I was messed up, so I can't be certain, but I am pretty sure that man was Butch Jones. 

And you didn’t know you were in love with a guy named Butch all these years until now?

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

(If this is true) I would assume that means Urban is coming on board.  Otherwise, I see no real advantage -- other than massaging our fanbase -- to firing him a few days in advance of potentially our last regular-season game.  Unless the replacement is ready to be announced the next day, just let him coach the rest of the week. Otherwise we should've fired him Sunday afternoon.

I want a ruthless sob coaching my team.  If its UM, and we ink him up tonight, let him decide.  He may opt to pull Herman off the plane Friday morning, and you know what, I'd let him.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic