Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

No matter how good Card looked in practice, he has taken virtually no snaps in a real game.  Tough to imagine that a competitor like Jackson would be scared to compete with Card and Thompson.

It sucks no matter what, but it will be particularly telling if he goes to a program with significantly greater competition.  

Not that hard to imagine when he’s transferring.

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

20 - JQJ

21 - Milroe

22 - Ewers

Let me tell you, I saw Wright play in the playoff game vs Vandegrif and by no means does he look like someone you want as a UT QB. I am sure he is a great kid and I don't wish him ill, I just don't see how he is now the guy after Card/Thompson. Crazy.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Depending on spring and fall practice the depth chart could look like this;

1 Card/Thompson

2 Charles Wright

3 Walk- On

With either Card or Thompson just transferring out.

I'm not so sure Card would transfer yet. Austin kid who will technically still be a true Freshman and in line to start eventually. Thompson more likely.

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Specifically with JQJ, it's no doubt Samples. Samples was a big reasons JQJ even committed to Texas, before splitting back to SMU. Was a big deal we held onto JQJ after that. 

If you're right it probably means Shane is leaving.

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Thats alright we'll keep him in the boat after Dykes holds his introductory press conference next month 

Negged. For multiple reasons.

Is anyone notching this, I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Are we the only big time program that constantly gets bitched slap on the reg by absolutely everyone? Why are we getting poached by SMU?

Has any reporter in the history of this program ever asked a hard question of these tools?

11 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Has any reporter in the history of this program ever asked a hard question of these tools?

Of course. I mean shit, just this past weekend, Kirkus Bohlshit asked CDC if "we were accurate in the way we worded that headline?" And to top it all off, they went ahead and asked a second source also, just in case CDC wasn't enough for us. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Freaking great song. Used to listen to it before wrestling matches to get jacked up. 

My buddy & I used to listen to them practice while we played hoops in his backyard. He lived behind Vinnie’s parents’ house in So Arl.

damn they were loud. We couldn’t even here our jam box trying pump out Motley Crüe’s “Shout at the Devil” (yeah I know i missed the prior page)

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Y'all boys (and girls, allegedly) are a god damned beating.

Oh, look! This means he's coming! Oh, noes! That means he's not coming! Yes! No! Maybe! Maybe not! Maybe (go) fuck yourself!

Herman is out, Urban is in. We've acceded to pretty much every demand he had. For all we know, there may be written agreements already, which will be replaced by the actual contract at hiring. The "when" of it is up to Urban, basically. It appears that he wants to wait until the tOSU 2020 Title Run has played out - I can't think of any other good basis he might have for delaying. He has at least two jobs right now, one at Fox as Chief Talking Head for Football, and one at tOSU as Assistant AD for Football, and it seems likely he wants to make sure he's on his Happy Trail and his path is such that his existing commitments are handled properly. Supposably the Fox contract ends 12/19, so we likely won't be announcing hiring before then. tOSU could continue until the CFP Final, provided they're not sidetracked by Northwestern or by more bizarre outcomes with Ala-Fla or ND-Clemson. I think that Urban has already passed his pre-employment physical, although if something makes him even slightly uncomfortable, he could bail, but all the actions and talking we've seen have not pointed in that direction.

In case you missed it: he's coming, just not until his FOX job and his tOSU jobs are done. If the right refs get paid well enough, Northwestern could derail tOSU and our waiting could be over Saturday evening.

Would you consider yourself more of a day person or a night person?

17 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Of course. I mean shit, just this past weekend, Kirkus Bohlshit asked CDC if "we were accurate in the way we worded that headline?" And to top it all off, they went ahead and asked a second source also, just in case CDC wasn't enough for us. 

+1      Awesome nickname!!! 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

This disaster is only going to get worse. You keep offering UM more and more money until he physically can’t say no. I’ll chip in $50.

I'm fully expecting a Aggy-esq guaranteed contract to a man with a history of health issues that bails a few years in and rides off into the sunset with a massive payout.....so fucking pissed.  

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What does this mean

Didn't you hear? Texas ruined Heard's career. If coach had've put him in that 4th quarter he would have won the B12... no doubt in his mind. He'd be playing QB in the NFL - soakin in up in a hot tub with his soul mate if not for what Texas did to him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic