Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

There’s no way Meyer limited his freedom to contact his guys in exchange for 100k per year. That amount doesn’t mean anything to him.  

If tOSU offered him the job so that he wouldn’t poach any of their coaches like you say, they would’ve had to offer him way more than 100k per year. And Meyer has always known coaching again is a possibility. 

Curious where you get the 100k figure. What about a settlement of his coaching contract? That was probably a package deal. I don’t place a lot of value on any non-solicit but it could be a factor, especially with tOSU competing for a national championship. 

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

There’s no way Meyer limited his freedom to contact his guys in exchange for 100k per year. That amount doesn’t mean anything to him.  

If tOSU offered him the job so that he wouldn’t poach any of their coaches like you say, they would’ve had to offer him way more than 100k per year. And Meyer has always known coaching again is a possibility. 

While I agree, just because he can doesn’t mean he wants to right now. He clearly likes and respects OSU so could definitely see him waiting until their season plays out to start poaching those eggs.

(that said I’m in the hes not coming camp)

Edited by Hank_Hill

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I like it. Plus Pantera released that album and then the Cowboys won 3 in the next 5 years. 

Damn right. And it ain’t no secret that Texas teams across the state and sports franchises are all suffering right now. We need the flagship of the state to start righting the ship, and maybe the rest falls in line. 

Well, I guess we might have to get sneaky on Jerrah, but he just can’t keep his dick out of the company ink. Always been a problem, and will be until it’s his time. He's probably going to Dick Clark/George Burns us and stick around until he’s pushing triple digits. (He ain’t already? Damn.)

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah once all the title games are played next weekend we will secure our spot in the Cheez-It Bowl. I cannot wait to get my T-Shirt at the Co-op.

You know you're getting a statue. Don't lie. They'll be really popular with the ladies.

4 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Curious where you get the 100k figure. What about a settlement of his coaching contract? That was probably a package deal. I don’t place a lot of value on any non-solicit but it could be a factor, especially with tOSU competing for a national championship. 

Exactly. Professional courtesy to his current targets and the friends he has on staff that would remain there. In other words, keeping it classy and respectful. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

4 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Our players listen to Beyonce and Cardi B

Culture change. They'll embrace it. 

12 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

This is what I was saying above. No one knows the true exit agreement between Urban and tOSU when he retired. That was a messy exit. He may have agreed not to poach coaches  before the end of the season for a certain period of time (2 years or whatever) in exchange for a lump sum, the ability to retire on his own terms and an easy $100k+ per year for an empty office job

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Octavian said:

You forgot Pantoni, Spumante, Macaroni, and Linguine

Not available, #MensaTom used them for side dishes with his Thanksgiving Ravioli. A hearty meal always helps when game-planning for the most important, do-or-die game of your life - so far.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

The money that Urban makes from being an assistant athletic director at tOSU is donated to a charity of the universities choice. Not sure about the non-compete. His contract will end at the end of 2020. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

The money that Urban makes from being an assistant athletic director at tOSU is donated to a charity of the universities choice. Not sure about the non-compete. His contract will end at the end of 2020. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic