Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

The assistant AD at tOSU thing may be a bigger issue than we realize. Don’t think we were able to source that contract. I could definitely see some rules about if/when UM could contact current tOSU employees about another opportunity. I also think people minimize the distraction it would cause tOSU players and staff if UM publicly accepted or even expressed interest in another job. Speculation of who would leave and when would run rampant. That alone is a fair explanation for delay, if that is what is happening. 

I like that theory. Some kind of non solicitation agreement maybe 

Just now, RGBIII said:

I imagine UM or his counsel would be savvy enough to negotiate around a pure non-solicit, but who knows. He exited at a time where he may not have had much leverage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

The assistant AD at tOSU thing may be a bigger issue than we realize. Don’t think we were able to source that contract. I could definitely see some rules about if/when UM could contact current tOSU employees about another opportunity. I also think people minimize the distraction it would cause tOSU players and staff if UM publicly accepted or even expressed interest in another job. Speculation of who would leave and when would run rampant. That alone is a fair explanation for delay, if that is what is happening. 

This makes sense, tOSU would be crazy to leave a 57 year old top 5 coach be involved with the program in any capacity without some sort of timing restrictions. 

6 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Just now, TexasEx said:

I imagine UM or his counsel would be savvy enough to negotiate around a pure non-solicit, but who knows. He exited at a time where he may not have had much leverage. 

His tOSU gig is a fake job where he gets paid 100k a year to have an office in Columbus. There is no chance he agreed to anything that would limit his freedom to coach or contact staff he wants. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

when we didn't fire Herman after Kansas got cancelled, this always seemed to be the hurdle.  the Fox thing doesn't matter.  I am sure there is something in the Fox contract that would allow him to leave with no penalty for a coaching gig.  

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

His tOSU gig is a fake job where he gets paid 100k a year to have an office in Columbus. There is no chance he agreed to anything that would limit his freedom to coach or contact staff he wants. 

He stepped down amid controversy. The purpose of the fake gig in the first place may have been to prevent a then disgruntled UM from jumping to another program and pulling all his guys. Or if he really felt he was done at the time, a non-compete or non-solicit may have seemed meaningless. Most of these agreements would be at most for 2 years. He stepped down December 2018... so if he signed a new assistant AD contract with a non-solicit shortly thereafter, the restrictions could be expiring just about now. Not saying that would be the sole reason for a delay but it could definitely factor into the timing of any move, especially if we’re close to the sunset date. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, EE2B said:

Is there a thread with actual updates in it or is the shit show over?

this is day crew.  I will summarize so you can get back to work

1. he aint coming

2. Herman will be on the sidelines in 2021(this will be clear after further clarifications from CDC about his last clarification)

If you want "he is coming" updates you will need to wait for Night Crew aka "BDE"

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

He stepped down amid controversy. The purpose of the fake gig in the first place may have been to prevent a then disgruntled UM from jumping to another program and pulling all his guys. Or if he really felt he was done at the time, a non-compete or non-solicit may have seemed meaningless. Most of these agreements would be at most for 2 years. He stepped down December 2018... so if he signed a new assistant AD contract with a non-solicit shortly thereafter, the restrictions could be expiring just about now. Not saying that would be the sole reason for a delay but it could definitely factor into the timing of any move, especially if we’re close to the sunset date. 

There’s no way Meyer limited his freedom to contact his guys in exchange for 100k per year. That amount doesn’t mean anything to him.  

If tOSU offered him the job so that he wouldn’t poach any of their coaches like you say, they would’ve had to offer him way more than 100k per year. And Meyer has always known coaching again is a possibility. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

There’s no way Meyer limited his freedom to contact his guys in exchange for 100k per year. That amount doesn’t mean anything to him.  

If tOSU offered him the job so that he wouldn’t poach any of their coaches like you say, they would’ve had to offer him way more than 100k per year. And Meyer has always known coaching again is a possibility. 

How do you know he didn't get a lump sum of part of his contract as head coach of tOSU for stepping down? Did anyone ever check into his "retirement" and what all was involved?  He could have made a deal like TexasEx mentions because of the situation surrounding his exit.

16 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Rich people don't either, though. Especially people as wealthy as she was (both the actress and the character).

In the animal kingdom food is wealth. Snakes typically only eat every few weeks or months and are long and skinny. So his pappy was remarking about her being too skinny. 

51 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

UM assembles a killer staff, they don the black hats, and step off a hot private jet to this...

Becomes the new tunnel music, traditional white hats become all black, and we’re back. 

Yes I’m quoting myself. I’d like to expand now that we’re past the moderation for page 666.

Lyrically, this song is what Texas football should be about. Energetically, it pumps you up. It really would be a brilliant move, IMO. Teams see Texas coming, run for cover as we take over their town and burn it to the ground. 

Gotta be earned, but attitude is everything. This is a huge step in the right direction for attitude. 

Just now, thunderlounge said:

Yes I’m quoting myself. I’d like to expand now that we’re past the moderation for page 666.

Lyrically, this song is what Texas football should be about. Energetically, it pumps you up. It really would be a brilliant move, IMO. Teams see Texas coming, run for cover as we take over their town and burn it to the ground. 

Gotta be earned, but attitude is everything. This is a huge step in the right direction for attitude. 

Freaking great song. Used to listen to it before wrestling matches to get jacked up. 

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

Freaking great song. Used to listen to it before wrestling matches to get jacked up. 

Plus a Texas band, and even the Stars had them do a fight song for them. 

Get jacked. Get mad. Play with some fucking mean spirit and fight. Embrace the black hat role. Become the Longhorns from Hell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

I like it. Plus Pantera released that album and then the Cowboys won 3 in the next 5 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic