Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Only the fallen shall enter on page 666. 

Mandatory Big Dick Energy. 

So does this mean I have to send you a thic dic pic?

How 'bout Red Devil Helga, instead...

helgalovekaty005.jpg?w=677&h=677

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

TFB being a few weeks behind per usual

***As you know, CDC seemed to lend his support to Tom Herman’s return for the 2021 season.

***Am told this was a decision led by CDC which wouldn’t necessarily be surprising, however…

***I’m told that not everyone agreed with the decision. In fact I’m told prominent administrators and boosters did not agree with the decision and did not want a statement put out.

***Perhaps that was the reason the statement was so ambiguous. I found it very strange that the AD would release an unclear statement and then clarify it through the media – the media (us included) who led to the public knowledge of the Urban push leading to the necessity for the statement.

***I don’t know exactly what this means but it does sound like there is some real tension and this might not be fully resolved just yet.

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB being a few weeks behind per usual

***As you know, CDC seemed to lend his support to Tom Herman’s return for the 2021 season.

***Am told this was a decision led by CDC which wouldn’t necessarily be surprising, however…

***I’m told that not everyone agreed with the decision. In fact I’m told prominent administrators and boosters did not agree with the decision and did not want a statement put out.

***Perhaps that was the reason the statement was so ambiguous. I found it very strange that the AD would release an unclear statement and then clarify it through the media – the media (us included) who led to the public knowledge of the Urban push leading to the necessity for the statement.

***I don’t know exactly what this means but it does sound like there is some real tension and this might not be fully resolved just yet.

Agree it was very strange and suggested something is amiss behind the scenes.   Wouldn’t expect someone like CDC to have to do a clarification statement and seems to suggest something is off.

Just now, Horn80 said:

Agree it was very strange and suggested something is amiss behind the scenes.   Wouldn’t expect someone like CDC to have to do a clarification statement and seems to suggest something is off.

Nothing is off. URBAN IS ON! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

In case you missed it: he's coming, just not until his FOX job and his tOSU jobs are done. If the right refs get paid well enough, Northwestern could derail tOSU and our waiting could be over Saturday evening.

So, do you have a source?

5 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Y'all boys (and girls, allegedly) are a god damned beating.

Oh, look! This means he's coming! Oh, noes! That means he's not coming! Yes! No! Maybe! Maybe not! Maybe (go) fuck yourself!

Herman is out, Urban is in. We've acceded to pretty much every demand he had. For all we know, there may be written agreements already, which will be replaced by the actual contract at hiring. The "when" of it is up to Urban, basically. It appears that he wants to wait until the tOSU 2020 Title Run has played out - I can't think of any other good basis he might have for delaying. He has at least two jobs right now, one at Fox as Chief Talking Head for Football, and one at tOSU as Assistant AD for Football, and it seems likely he wants to make sure he's on his Happy Trail and his path is such that his existing commitments are handled properly. Supposably the Fox contract ends 12/19, so we likely won't be announcing hiring before then. tOSU could continue until the CFP Final, provided they're not sidetracked by Northwestern or by more bizarre outcomes with Ala-Fla or ND-Clemson. I think that Urban has already passed his pre-employment physical, although if something makes him even slightly uncomfortable, he could bail, but all the actions and talking we've seen have not pointed in that direction.

In case you missed it: he's coming, just not until his FOX job and his tOSU jobs are done. If the right refs get paid well enough, Northwestern could derail tOSU and our waiting could be over Saturday evening.

You make it sound like you know what you are talking about...do you know what you are talking about?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Oh, look! This means he's coming! Oh, noes! That means he's not coming! Yes! No! Maybe! Maybe not! Maybe (go) fuck yourself!

Herman is out, Urban is in. We've acceded to pretty much every demand he had. For all we know, there may be written agreements already, which will be replaced by the actual contract at hiring. The "when" of it is up to Urban, basically. It appears that he wants to wait until the tOSU 2020 Title Run has played out - I can't think of any other good basis he might have for delaying. He has at least two jobs right now, one at Fox as Chief Talking Head for Football, and one at tOSU as Assistant AD for Football, and it seems likely he wants to make sure he's on his Happy Trail and his path is such that his existing commitments are handled properly. Supposably the Fox contract ends 12/19, so we likely won't be announcing hiring before then. tOSU could continue until the CFP Final, provided they're not sidetracked by Northwestern or by more bizarre outcomes with Ala-Fla or ND-Clemson. I think that Urban has already passed his pre-employment physical, although if something makes him even slightly uncomfortable, he could bail, but all the actions and talking we've seen have not pointed in that direction.

tumblr_mu1y5oo8Mz1qfcx4to1_250.gif?fit=2

And yeah, agree with all this, esp those first 2 lines...

Edited by wood

6 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

It’s because CDC is actually a dog shit gambler and has gambled wrong multiple times in regards to this stupid fuck head coach of ours. 

Some points made in this thread that I thought were interesting:

Urban Meyer is still employed by both tOSU and FOX.

Urban's SIL is on staff at OSU.

Urban wants basically errybody from his tOSU staff and won't poach them until tOSU's season is officially done due to buyouts, bonuses, the opportunity to compete for a title, etc.

I'm not saying he's coming to TEXAS but there's sure a lot of smoke in the air and he's had plenty of time to crush all of our dreams and that has not happened.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

@Tex Long, are you claiming to have inside knowledge or just expressing your faith/confidence based on your general feeling?

The assistant AD at tOSU thing may be a bigger issue than we realize. Don’t think we were able to source that contract. I could definitely see some rules about if/when UM could contact current tOSU employees about another opportunity. I also think people minimize the distraction it would cause tOSU players and staff if UM publicly accepted or even expressed interest in another job. Speculation of who would leave and when would run rampant. That alone is a fair explanation for delay, if that is what is happening. 

• Hook 'Em 7

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic