Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

6 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Websites that block copy / pasting passwords into a new account form.  I want to generate a ridiculously hard password that I store.  But alas, I have to type it, so it's just discouraging password complexity.

In the same vein it's funny to me that newer password resets will ask you to use their incredibly difficult algorithm of letters and numbers and characters that are 18 characters long because it's super secure. I'll never use that long password. I have a password, which is my emotional comfort password animal, that I use for everything because I can remember it.

• Like 1

The last few times I've had to buy coffee at chains or gas stations they've been hot as the surface of the sun. Like had to have been boiling moments earlier. Did the McDonalds case in the 90's mean nothing?

p.s. I'm a coffee house guy, I'm talking about airports, small towns, etc., when there's nothing local.

Edited by 'stache

On 10/23/2023 at 8:30 AM, PvilleStang said:

Websites that block copy / pasting passwords into a new account form.  I want to generate a ridiculously hard password that I store.  But alas, I have to type it, so it's just discouraging password complexity.

Brave browser has a Force Paste option in the right-click menu if you're willing to switch browsers.

force-paste.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:32 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

People who complain when McDonald's serves their coffee at dangerously hot temperatures (despite repeated warnings on the issue) and who nevertheless spill their coffee and burn their genitals off and who only wanted McDonald's to cover their medical expenses and yet McDonald's told them to get fucked and so they had to file a lawsuit and are now the butt of jokes and social criticism from people who form strong opinions about what kind of a fucking moron doesn't know that coffee is hot without knowing all the shitty details of the case. 

That, and meandering run-on sentences. 

How much money did they win?

asking for my genitals

On 10/24/2023 at 9:42 AM, nnm said:

I had never heard or seen that word until your post.  

this

On 10/23/2023 at 6:26 PM, MissingInAction said:

The next person who says, "sportsball" in my presence is getting stabbed.

WTF is the context?

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Usually a hipster twat thinking they're clever/cool by not being interested in the game at the bar. Usually a woman with tats and purple hair. Like a vegan telling everyone they're vegan.

That explains why I’ve never heard of it. I don’t spend much time conversing in bars with hipster women with tats and purple hair. Actually, I’ve never done that. 

Temp is 47 today.  I have on shorts & a tshirt and a quarter zip pullover.  I freaking LOVE this kind of weather.

2 different people have already asked me how I could wear shorts today.  It takes a little self control not to tell them to fuck off.

Why does it matter, if I am decent?

I am at girlfriend’s house tonight helping her hand out Halloween candy over in Shreveport. I am wearing my Horns t-shirt. There are a few Horns that live in her neighborhood. Most people are naturally LSU or LaTech alums.

A group of 8 to 10 year old kids come by to collect their candy. One of them is dressed like a Mutant Ninja Turtle. They get their candy and begin to cross the street. While in the middle of the street the ninja turtle kid turns around and yells “horns down, horns down”, while giving me the upside down Horns sign. WTH?

No one claimed him. Plus there were too many witnesses for me to chunk a bunch of small pumpkins at him.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, slorch said:

Temp is 47 today.  I have on shorts & a tshirt and a quarter zip pullover.  I freaking LOVE this kind of weather.

2 different people have already asked me how I could wear shorts today.  It takes a little self control not to tell them to fuck off.

Why does it matter, if I am decent?

Have you coaxed the 'ol cod sack out to ask them how they feel about it?

11 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I am at girlfriend’s house tonight helping her hand out Halloween candy over in Shreveport. I am wearing my Horns t-shirt. There are a few Horns that live in her neighborhood. Most people are naturally LSU or LaTech alums.

A group of 8 to 10 year old kids come by to collect their candy. One of them is dressed like a Mutant Ninja Turtle. They get their candy and begin to cross the street. While in the middle of the street the ninja turtle kid turns around and yells “horns down, horns down”, while giving me the upside down Horns sign. WTH?

No one claimed him. Plus there were too many witnesses for me to chunk a bunch of small pumpkins at him.

rules.

You gotta admire Chuck Berry looking as cool as he did, and maintaining that beautiful blues groove all throughout.  The consummate showman.  

Because while jamming a tune that would require all of us to have 110% concentration after years of practice...he's running a very complex algorithm.  "How do I, a famous black man, smash this priceless guitar over that Japanese woman's face in the United States without getting into too much trouble?  I mean, I love John over here.  Sure he borrowed a little too liberally from my people's music and got famous doing it---but he's a progressive cat all about equality and love and creating art through music.  And he digs this broad but she's ruining decades of my craftsmanship with each moan and wail.  Plus, I love this guitar but I hate her face.  Neither of them are really American and maybe some Americans wouldn't mind if I smashed her face and then watch my backup band wrestle that hippie John to the ground as he pretends to come to her defense.  I mean we're in a progressive city in Philadelphia, but they also hate black folks here and fucking Roger Ailes of all people made this variety show what it is today.  She makes my fucking teeth itch.  How is John not hearing this shit?  This, this is why he left the Beatles?  I gotta demand payment in cash up front because of how many white producers and promoters have fucked me over the years, only to be outgunned by this cunt?  Wait, bridge is over and John don't know it 'cause he high as fuck.  Let's bring it home baby...........and done!" 

• Rage+1 1

On 10/28/2023 at 11:38 PM, mininghorn88 said:

I'm more confused as to why kids are coming to the house for candy on October 28th.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm more confused as to why kids are coming to the house for candy on October 28th.  

Because a lot of the neighborhood is a bunch of young parents that cannot keep their kids up past 7:00pm on a school night. And, it is an inconvenience for the school parents to dress themselves up too and drink their white claws on a school night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

Because a lot of the neighborhood is a bunch of young parents that cannot keep their kids up past 7:00pm on a school night. And, it is an inconvenience for the school parents to dress themselves up too and drink their white claws on a school night.

I for one refuse to drink my kids' white claws, but to each their own.

what's on the inside?  Besides a gaping abyss they can only fill by judging others for actions that have no direct impact on their own lives in order to feel morally superior and usher in an era of unprecedented theocratic oppression the likes of which our country has never seen?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Not sure if trivial, but...

Reading a post in the Football forum, and seeing some idoit use the word YIKES in a non-ironic way. 

This is Surly. We don't say "Yikes". Ever. We say something along the lines of "holy fucking shit", or "fuck me sideways", or "that makes me feel like they should jam a red hot poker up their ass and cut off their dick".

• Haha 1