01.01.2020 - Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs Baylor

El Diablo

1 minute ago, wood said:

Even Kirby indirectly fucking spouting the "we weren't ready to play last year" bullshit. Unfuckingreal.

"None of our guys were late to anything. I've never seen anything like it."

Then you're a shitty head coach, Kirby. But mostly, I just don't fucking believe him. Anyone who was late to a bowl anything while Smart coached for Saban was almost certainly drawn and quartered as an example to the other players.

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Other leagues should start beating them then.

That happened and it didn't slow it down at all. 

The SEC lost 5 straight major postseason games a few years back. No change in the hype.

They also had a losing bowl record all the way back two seasons ago. 11-12 in bowls the last two years. 

Nice try, though. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

"None of our guys were late to anything. I've never seen anything like it."

Then you're a shitty head coach, Kirby. But mostly, I just don't fucking believe him. Anyone who was late to a bowl anything while Smart coached for Saban was almost certainly drawn and quartered as an example to the other players.

Exactly. He basically just got up there and admitted he's a fucking failure as a head coach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The SEC lost 5 straight major postseason games a few years back. No change in the hype.

They also had a losing bowl record all the way back two seasons ago. 11-12 in bowls the last two years. 

Nice try, though. 

C'mon man. Don't you know that was just because they were all still recovering from that meat grinder of an SECSECSEC schedule?

5 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Lol remember last year the eSECpn talking heads were saying bowls don't matter anymore and we should get rid of them? Now all you see are the bowl record comparisons. 

This is why ESPN and the SEC are laughed By everyone else. 

Edited by texaslong

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Nice try, though. 

Why didn't you go back a third year where they were 6-7 to help your cause more?  Hell let's go back a fourth year when they were 9-2... oh never mind.

This year worst case they will be 6-4, best case 8-2.

I mean if they are so overrated then which conference is better?  This is what gets me, everyone wants to bitch and moan about the hype they get but no other conference is consistently better than them.  Over the last six years they have the best bowl winning pct of the P5 conferences.  Even if they lose their last two remaining games this year they will still have a lead over the Big 10 which is the only other conference with a winning record over that time in bowl games.

• Fuck You 6

23 minutes ago, MM42 said:

BIG10 is right on the SEC's heels, very little difference.  Now there is a fall off a cliff drop after the big 2 conferences.  But the BIG10 is right there

Yes they are and they match up against each other in a lot of bowl games.  Thing is, the Big 10 is the other conference everyone wants to bitch about being overrated.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They have the most teams of any conference. They play more FCS schools than any other conference. They play fewer conference games than any other conference. Their conference gets to select their bowl matchups, unlike any other conference. 

So which conference is better than them year in and year out?

They really aren't  BIG10 & SEC are not like the other conferences, and I think everyone being honest knows it.  I worry they'll start getting 3 bids between those conferences annually.  It would probably be fair, but horrible for the bad leagues and football in general.

• Fuck You 8

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They have the most teams of any conference. They play more FCS schools than any other conference. They play fewer conference games than any other conference. Their conference gets to select their bowl matchups, unlike any other conference. 

i don’t understand why the other conferences allow the SEC dictate non New Year day bowl matchups. That shit drives me nuts. It just shows you that the SEC always has to control the narrative.

• Like 2