Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

I didn't think Trump could go any lower than he has, but he did with the Scarborough comments. Anyone that defends Trump on this is wallowing in the same mud and filth that he is and does not deserve to be in the office they are holding. 

Give him time and he'll go lower still. He'll always go lower. You can bank on it. There is no depth to which he won't sink. 

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

So now this petulant bitch wants to sign an executive order against social media companies tomorrow. 

That oughta be fun.  

I chuckle at the idea of him complaining about Twitter using.....Twitter.

I wish to hell that as soon as that executive order is signed, that Twitter (or Facebook, or TikTok, or whatever) just goes ahead and suspends his account.

• Like 1

And NO on Trump to win.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3698/Who-will-win-the-2020-US-presidential-election

I would not go YES on Biden, cause I think there is still a reasonable chance that he croaks before November.

And stack another NO on GOP to win. 

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/2721/Which-party-will-win-the-2020-US-presidential-election

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I mean, I love you guys (well, most of you anyway) but I'll take the trade.

Are message boards like this really "social media" though. 

I would argue that there is a distinction between this place, and twitter, facebook, nextdoor, insta, etc. 

Not necessarily become of the medium of exchange, but mostly because we are a self selected group of highly educated people. I mean even our total dip shits  (@JimmyJames for example) are light years ahead of the average twatter.  

• Like 1

This is as gross as it gets.  I realize she's no longer a teenager in this shot, but if you have to draw a distinction between "pervy photos of a man and his teenage daughter" and "oh my God he literally wants to fuck his adult daughter" then I think you're parsing things too fine.

Twitter pokes fun at Ivanka Trump and during RNC speech | Daily ...

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Are message boards like this really "social media" though. 

I would argue that there is a distinction between this place, and twitter, facebook, nextdoor, insta, etc. 

Not necessarily become of the medium of exchange, but mostly because we are a self selected group of highly educated people. I mean even our total dip shits  (@JimmyJames for example) are light years ahead of the average twatter.  

counterpoint:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/14209-thread-for-people-banned-from-dt-till-coronavirus-goes-away/

• Haha 1

Spoiler
Trump Pence Keep America Great |

Todd,

Where have you been?

We’ve emailed you every day with no response. Despite our best efforts, President Trump thinks he’s lost you as a supporter. He needs to know the truth, which is why we only have one more question for you...

DO YOU STAND WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP?

YES

NO

Given the fact that you’ve yet to officially take a stand for President Trump, we worry that your support lies elsewhere. We wanted to give you another chance to show President Trump that you’re still with him, and we know he’s eagerly waiting for your response.

We’re going to send him your response IMMEDIATELY so he can finally know where you stand.

So, Todd, do you stand with your President?

YES, OF COURSE

NO

Thank you,

Team Trump 2020

Who says the president has no empathy?  He's worried about Todd and eagerly awaiting a response (and then a donation).   

15 minutes ago, RPM said:

Let me guess, he's going to try to nationalize Twitter.

Nah, but he's prob gonna execute an EO that takes away their Section 230 rights.  I don't see how a President can override federal legislation, but then again, what has ever stopped this dumb bastard from ever trying anything:

But any such state negligence law claim is preempted by 47 U.S.C. § 230, the federal statute that immunizes online service providers from liability for things that their users post, however defamatory those things might be. That's true whether the claim is brought as a defamation claim or as a negligence claim; service providers don't have a duty "to reasonably monitor and police the platform" (which is why, for instance, I don't have a duty to reasonably monitor and police the comments here).

Or, his EO will "block" twitter from using internet connections paid for by public money.  Honestly, anything goes at this point.

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Without twitter Donald Trump never would have been president and would never win re-election. It’s how he’s always reached his base. He’ll never do anything to hurt that. 

You say this like he has any real synapses firing in his MAGAT riddled brain. He’s like a rabid, cornered rat. He knows he fucked up the pandemic response and knows he’s in big trouble in November. He’s lashing out now and is willing to take everything down with him. 

• Like 1