I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

Gets hotter than the grill so it sears better. Had a dissertation on the old site about the steps of cooking a steak. Searing and cooking to temp are different. So you want to sear as fast as possible and control cooking to temp separately.  

Also the last "sentence" of your post is a bit hard to decipher. I hope that's whiskey related. Cheers.  

225° until 115° IT, let it rest while it rises to 125° IT I request 1.5lbs ribeye cut from HEB meat market, so the thick cut will rise that much temp while resting. 

Then sear the shit out of it over an open flame

Many thanks to Imgbb for Armybrat'ing my pictures:

20190309-192439.jpg

20190309-193333.jpg

20190309-193755.jpg

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I think that the consensus is that elevating the meat off the bottom of the cast iron creates this flash frying effect. It's real, and it's glorious. 

interesting. i'll check that out. love me some food science

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tjhooker said:

BTW why thread shit?  I posted a pic of my steak with a story and you have your comment.  You do that on any other steaks or just mine due to CR?  So ridiculous the stalking from CR.  feel better messing up the steak thread?

i'm just not sure what else you were expecting other than a steak that was baked in an oven.  congrats, you discovered half of the reverse sear.  yay?

keep being paranoid, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ERhine said:

I’ll say it. That steak looks disgusting.

Seriously.  That page was kinda like scrolling down a NSFW gif thread on a sunday morning only to find that somebody dropped a Vic special at the end of the page with a "look what I found guys". 

• Like 3