I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if this works here. Cross posted from the xmas thread. Reverse seared. Salted 3 days prior w butter, pepper, thyme, sage, rosemary, paprika rub the day of. Everyone from Texas loved it and the yanks didn't even touch it (even more prime rib sandwiches coming my way)

c373b42b652783d85d0adfc91163e05c.jpg

• Like 3

I didnt take any pics of last nights steak, but I was proud of myself with the sirloin I cooked. Let me clarify first that I am not a man's man.. Im a medium rare-medium, more towards medium steak eater. I bought one of the pans that bw uses at Tj Maxx for 30 bucks. I gordon ramseyed/brown water method and it came out to the most beautiful reddish/pinkish inside Ive ever cooked. I wanted to cry after all of those hardships, trial and error i went through.

my in laws like their steaks well done and my sister in law ran home to get her A1 sauce. after we were done I told her she can just put the A1 sauce in the fridge and its safe there because nobody in my house was going to use it. I almost want to get another steak tonight lulz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 10:25 AM, luke duke said:

Nope. No secret. They all taste like crap. You should never buy one. Stick with the other cuts so the price of strips drops for me.

Fair enough,  consider it done...

NOT, tried a prime a week ago,  they all mine now, all yo strips belong to me.

6 hours ago, HouTex said:

Beautiful steak (and avatar, BTW). But am I the only one who is tired of asparagus?

I try to rotate some Broccolini in to combat this.  Great substitute.  And no, it doesn’t taste anything like regular broccoli.  I hate regular broccoli.  Love broccolini.

20 hours ago, HouTex said:

Beautiful steak (and avatar, BTW). But am I the only one who is tired of asparagus?

i have fully pivoted to brussels sprouts - i like this Kenji Lopez-Alt "recipe" - they are easy but require more prep

Sprezza in Dallas has this fantastic flash fried brussels sprouts with goat cheese and apples app that is amazing. Here is @C-Man's version of it that he posted elsewhere

Spoiler

I've been making my own version at the house except I roast the brussels in the oven. Coat them in EVOO, whatever seasoning you want and then the balsamic glaze after they come out. Then into the bowl with the apples and goat cheese. So freakin' good.

also underrated is roasted cauliflower 

for both brussesls and cauliflower make sure you don't crowd the pan!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NoName said:

i have fully pivoted to brussels sprouts - i like this Kenji Lopez-Alt "recipe" - they are easy but require more prep

Sprezza in Dallas has this fantastic flash fried brussels sprouts with goat cheese and apples app that is amazing. Here is @C-Man's version of it that he posted elsewhere

Hide contents

I've been making my own version at the house except I roast the brussels in the oven. Coat them in EVOO, whatever seasoning you want and then the balsamic glaze after they come out. Then into the bowl with the apples and goat cheese. So freakin' good.

also underrated is roasted cauliflower 

for both brussesls and cauliflower make sure you don't crowd the pan!

So damn good.

• Like 1