I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

So this isn’t the same wagyu steak I posted above. They also sell trimmings for a lot less - I got 3 good sized pieces of NY strip for $40. Here it is after the first flip. Didn’t get any other shots because it was quickly sliced and devoured after another flip or two.

c895bff2c538f3a1fe215d7ce1effa56.jpg

After that was a grass fed chuck eye that I also got from Crowd Cow:

01328013c24bd330733d5f477d5b8596.jpg

• Like 1

On June 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM, Dr Fear said:

Any ideas on what to do with the chain trimmed from a whole beef tenderloin? I got 2 of them in the freezer and need to cook them in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rub with salt, pepper, minced garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme.  Wrap tightly and leave in fridge overnight.  Thrown on the grill on direct med high heat for a couple minutes.  Let rest then chop into bite size pieces and serve as an app.  I do this every time I cook a tenderloin and it's always a huge hit.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 1:21 PM, Washpark said:

Does steak sandwich count?

Service sucks, decent last minute lunch meal but great wines but might location.

Killing time as the better half is in the wedding party and has duties.

bf193998bae1cdf9c0f3a0e16b917ff1.jpg

Should have gone to the girl and the fig across the street

Brought steak up to room temperature.
86cebf815d349192090b60a1121704f4.jpg

Seasoned lightly with salt and finely ground pepper. Cooked in hot cast iron skillet.
8db233a7b12e841a1ca3bde78712c9f7.jpg

Flipped after 75 seconds.
41424994b074f2dbe5b158b3472cacb5.jpg

Resting
c17848c5c163dc6ce695c99ce342ea38.jpg

Steak looks more done than it was due to fat content.
7f7ac7bb8eb8b98e340bd0b1319699f1.jpg

Tasted like shit. Way too fatty. 4 of us couldn’t finish it. The Japanese beef marbling grading scale goes from 1-12. This thing was about a 15 which was a bad thing.

ec1f6a1e5ecdf0beb318e24f51d6e5f1.png

Tasted like shit. Way too fatty. 4 of us couldn’t finish it.

I was hoping for success but I’m glad it’s not just me. I’ve had wagyu twice and disliked it both times. Greasy with none of the beefiness I want in a steak. The mouthfeel made me think that’s what it would be like eating a spoonful of crisco.
  • Like 1

If you saved whatever leftovers you have,  take the pieces and go back and follow my initial reply to your pic - cube it, sear the living shit out of it at as high a temp as you can get, cook it until nearly all the pink is gone. Light salt and pepper after, a dash of cumin if you have it.

If you saved whatever leftovers you have,  take the pieces and go back and follow my initial reply to your pic - cube it, sear the living shit out of it at as high a temp as you can get, cook it until nearly all the pink is gone. Light salt and pepper after, a dash of cumin if you have it.

I did that and still didn’t care for it.
356a9905f90310e5ed63b86e209d0812.jpg

On 6/23/2018 at 9:39 PM, HeHateMe said:

Rub with salt, pepper, minced garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme.  Wrap tightly and leave in fridge overnight.  Thrown on the grill on direct med high heat for a couple minutes.  Let rest then chop into bite size pieces and serve as an app.  I do this every time I cook a tenderloin and it's always a huge hit.

Thanks, gonna try it this week.

13 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I’m not a pro like some of y’all but I finally cooked a filet I was happy with.  Of course, it was for my fiancée 

D266_DB94_580_C_42_BB_A82_F_B5_E142_F0_C

(just stuck it on there for a final bit in the oven)

5_A83_DEC3_7572_4_D59_AF7_C_CFF8196_EDED

Ribeye also turned out well

1_DFD2_A01_87_C2_460_F_8_C24_7_A02_F4726

I don't see alleged fiancée titties looming in the background. 

How much of the fat did you trim off?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, lonestarguido said:

Did some bone in’s from CM a bit ago and learned some lessons on something that thick

That it's damn near impossible to get it cooked right?  Because no matter what, it seems like it's raw by the bone and over cooked away from the bone?