Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

7 from that one event now. Good lord 

12-13 confirmed actually.   Not sure on the journalist numbers, as some are reporting 3, others that there was one more.

These folks, who tested positive in the past 3 days, were at the Supreme Court nomination gathering at the White House on Saturday

• Trump
  • Melania
  • Notre Dame President
  • Senator Mike Lee
  • Senator Thom Tillis
  • Republican National Committee Chair
  • Hope Hicks
  • Low-level White House staffer
  • 3-4 journalists in the White House pool
  • Kellyanne Conway

@sachick found this

spacer.png

Really curious who gave it to them.

Edited by atomheartbevo

12-13 confirmed actually.   Not sure on the journalist numbers, as some are reporting 3, others that there was one more.
These folks, who tested positive in the past 3 days, were at the Supreme Court nomination gathering at the White House on Saturday
  • Trump
  • Melania
  • Notre Dame President
  • Senator Mike Lee
  • Senator Thom Tillis
  • Republican National Committee Chair
  • Hope Hicks
  • Low-level White House staffer
  • 3-4 journalists in the White House pool
  • Kellyanne Conway

[mention=1147]sachick[/mention] found this
45b16d4d7b818babf13c55d57778b564.jpg

Really curious who gave it to them.

Whoever is sitting behind Conway looks half in the grave already

54 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Whoever is sitting behind Conway looks half in the grave already

Some poor contact tracing contractors (say that really fast multiple times) are having to go through videos like this and identify everybody.

Of course, the internet is probably way ahead of them.

Trump campaign manager came up + tonight.  So we are up to 13 confirmed, possibly 14.  This is crazy.  And my gut says quite a few more have it.

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  3. Notre Dame President Rev. John Jenkins
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
  7. Hope Hicks
  8. Kellyanne Conway
  9. Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien
  10. Low-level White House staffer
  11. White House Press Pool Journalist 
  12. White House Press Pool Journalist 
  13. White House Press Pool Journalist 

fwiw the austin subreddit has some dude how does absolutely amazing yeoman's work getting the daily stats and putting them in pretty charts. Probably mentioned sometime in the last 1000 pages, I dunno. 
RationalAnarchy. Dude has been great with his data analysis. It still amazes me the dipshits who PM him all sorts of threats and nonsense.

Partial representation of people who have it from the shindig this past weekend.   Also, rumors that Chris Christie got his results back and tested positive, but I think they are fake - he said he wasn't going to release the results until tomorrow.

Also, while people are focused on what they were doing outside, a bunch of the people in the photo below were also inside, and not masked up.

spacer.png

Edited by atomheartbevo

18 minutes ago, troph said:

So national numbers rising again, states showing increases, what’s the reason? Labor Day? Schools? Really trying to figure it out or is it just the other red states turn for their initial outbreak?

Stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m actually looking for a serious answer.

I don't think anyone knows for certain, but the root cause is exposure.  Things are opening back up again and there is no vaccine.  We've done this before.  Definition of insanity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump campaign manager came up + tonight.  So we are up to 13 confirmed, possibly 14.  This is crazy.  And my gut says quite a few more have it.

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
  7. Hope Hicks
  8. Kellyanne Conway
  9. Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien
  10. Low-level White House staffer
  11. White House Press Pool Journalist 

Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson 

The Rose Garden event is similar to a Haitian camping orgy.  Sure, it's taking place outside, but with people on top of each other like that...you're gonna fucking catch something.  

No politics here, but folks...just look at the photographs.  Yeah, it's outdoors but those people are sitting so close, they may as well be on a fucking Spirit Airlines flight.  The whole reason there's a common theory that outdoor gatherings are at least, markedly, less dangerous than indoor events is because the assumption includes that you're...you know...taking advantage of the fucking fact you're outside!  They all might as well be sharing the private events room at a fucking Olive Garden they're so goddamn close.  

Gee, if only the White House had a like a full staff of people who could just, with 5 minutes notice, completely re-situate that seating layout to be more distant and mitigative.  

My god, they could fuck up a cup of coffee.  

Edited by Lobo

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson 

Quite the list from the Rose Garden shindig   And it’s now come out that a bunch of them were also hanging out indoors at times.

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  7. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
  8. Hope Hicks
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  10. Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien
  11. Low-level White House staffer
  14. White House Press Pool Journalist 

Maybe now, more Americans will pay attention to how easily this spreads.  Because in theory, a lot of these people were screened in some capacity and/or taking the rapid tests before this event.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Quite the list from the Rose Garden shindig   And it’s now come out that a bunch of them were also hanging out indoors at times.

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  8. Hope Hicks
  9. Kellyanne Conway

Maybe now, more Americans will pay attention to how easily this spreads.  Because in theory, a lot of these people were screened in some capacity and/or taking the rapid tests before this event.

Bahahahahaha

Edited by Js1

At this point, I can only assume they all drank from the same cup of Flavor Aid.  918 Americans died at Jonestown.  I can only assume given the flippant attitude towards mitigation and isolation, that this event will likely multiply out and kill at least that many Americans, maybe more.  Plus, just like Jonestown...a sitting U.S. Congressman will likely die as a result of the event.  

9 months in, the smartest people in the world...still don't fucking get it.  It's now, hyperbole aside, literally impossible my country is this stupid.   

If only we had a Center of some sort.  Like for diseases.  And their job would be to control these diseases through broadcasting different things we could do or not do to avoid transmission/catching of a certain disease.  And this Center, I dunno.  We could call like a Center for Disease Control.  And they would help us mitigate diseases and we could listen to them sometimes.  I dunno, it's a pipe dream.  Don't me started on my other idea for a National Institute of Health.  I mean, admittedly, I stole it from this really rich, educated country called Somalia.  That yeah, literally has one and we apparently don't.  

Did the fucking campaign look at that Kiefer Sutherland show "Designated Survivor", and think "Hey, what if we did that in real life...you know...wipe out most of our own government?  But not like a terrorist attack or anything, just a voluntarily stupid event in the Rose Garden.  I think Kal Penn is available to produce."  

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Partial representation of people who have it from the shindig this past weekend.   Also, rumors that Chris Christie got his results back and tested positive, but I think they are fake - he said he wasn't going to release the results until tomorrow.

Also, while people are focused on what they were doing outside, a bunch of the people in the photo below were also inside, and not masked up.

spacer.png

That’s a bingo for Christie 

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  8. Hope Hicks
  9. Kellyanne Conway

Calling my shot - That list will be twice as long come Monday.

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  8. Hope Hicks
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  15. Chris Christie 

Christie should be worried as hell.   That dude is rocking multiple pre-existing conditions.  

So not everybody was at the Rose Garden. Some were at the debate prep.

Others who are close to the White House but did not attend Saturday's event also announced positive tests, including Republican National Committee chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who had spent time with the President at the end of last week, and Trump's campaign manager Bill Stepien, who participated in mask-less debate preparatory sessions at the White House last weekend. So did former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who also helped Trump prepare for the debate.

On Saturday, Sen. Ron Johnson became the third Republican senator after Lee and Tillis to test positive -- but he did not attend the ceremony on Saturday. 

Should be easy to pin down who was at both the Rose Garden thing, and the debate prep.

And most people were swabbed before the Rose Garden thing, so the viral load was very low for whoever spread it.

Edit: This is the first time we’ve had such a publicly-known super spreader event or whatever, where it was easy to track everybody involved, and where many people knew those involved.   

Edited by atomheartbevo

So the Rose Garden/Debate Prep outbreak has now involved at least 23 confirmed cases directly.  There is a little confusion, because the Cleveland Clinic had 11 test positive, that were involved with the debate, both staffers and journalists, but they did not name them, and they are thought to be included in the numbers below.

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  8. Hope Hicks
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  11. Trump debate prep team member Jason Miller
  12. Low-level White House staffer
  15. White House Press Pool Journalist 
  16. Chris Christie 
  17. The 2020 UT Longhorns football team.
  18. 5-7 Other staffers involved with the debate prep

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So the Rose Garden/Debate Prep outbreak has now involved at least 23 confirmed cases directly.  There is a little confusion, because the Cleveland Clinic had 11 test positive, that were involved with the debate, both staffers and journalists, but they did not name them, and they are thought to be included in the numbers below.

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  8. Hope Hicks
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  16. Chris Christie 

goddamnit

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told CNN he checked himself into a hospital Saturday afternoon as a precautionary measure after announcing earlier in the day that he had tested positive for Covid-19.

Christie, who suffers from asthma, said in consultation with his doctor he decided it was best to be monitored in the hospital. He said he has a slight fever and is achy but felt well enough to drive himself to the hospital, Christie told CNN by phone from the hospital.  Though he said his breathing is fine, he started a course of the Covid-19 treatment remdesivir after being admitted, Christie said.

He's worried about his asthma?  I'm pretty sure he has another pre-existing condition that we've devoted a few hundred pages of this thread to.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

1. Trump
  2. Melania
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  8. Hope Hicks
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  16. Chris Christie 

Gods plan

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

We are in a bathtub - and it is sloshing around with the virus. Cali and the SW had their second wave and the wave is headed into the Midwest and the NE. Europe is in their second wave. 

Yeah, I saw that we are not making any progress on this, and are actually higher than we were at the start of September, and about where we were at back in June when things opened up a bit in areas.

Would be wonderful if the Rose Garden super spreader event made a few more people here and there wear masks.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away