Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

57 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The person last worked screening air travelers for illness on Feb. 21, said the DHS statement, which also said the medical professional had worn the proper protective gear while working. The internal email described the medical professional as a "CDC {Centers for Disease Control and Prevention} contract medical screener."

Wonder what kind of training a “contract medical screener” had.   

23 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Don’t touch your face

We need a new song like the Ebola song.

Something happen
Something in town

Oh yeah the news

I said something in town
Corona
Corona in town
Don't touch your face!
No touching

No sneezing

It's dangerous!
Corona
Corona in town

Don't touch your face!
No kissing!
No handshakes
It's dangerous!

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are you an old smoker? You will be fine otherwise unless you're going to go hang out in some sort of confined space with filthy people eating bats. Buck up, sir. 

I was in New Orleans this weekend and getting reservations was easy as pie. There were 3 people in line ahead of us when we showed up to Parkway for poboys. There's allegedly usually a line around the building during lunch hour at that place. There were open seats at Carousel during happy hour. Planes and amusement parks might wind up being some of the safest places in the country if all of the preppers here are correct and the apocalypse is nigh.

I was thinking more international. My wife and I have a Jamaica trip in May I'm guessing will likely be cancelled.  Not because I'm necessarily concerned for us but I don't want to get stuck in some bizarre quarantine if we happen to get sick or risk having trouble getting back quickly if caretakers for kids (I.e., grandparents) happen to get sick.  But agreed may try to replace that with multiple shorter domestic trips.   And N.O. absolutely fits that bill.

And absolutely nobody was surprised (I feel bad saying that)

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-austin-far-east-fest-postponed/269-86c8ba6c-e60a-4b8d-8a20-ec7dc591834c

The third annual Asian food festival hosted by the Austin Asian Community Health Initiative posted an urgent notice March 4 announcing its indefinite postponement

AUSTIN, Texas — The third annual Far East Fest 2020 has been postponed amid growing public safety concerns surrounding COVID-19, according to a statement released by Austin Asian Community Health Initiative (AACHI) March 4. 

The festival was originally scheduled to happen March 29 but, this year, the festival organizers are "saddened to announce the indefinite postponement of Austin's third annual Far East Fest," said AACHI executive director Hailey Easley.

48 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

10 minutes of how to put on gloves, 5 mins on mask protocols, 45 minutes on checking out traveling sluts 

Given the city council talk, at first I thought you were describing Adler trying to show people how to be safe... 

Edited by B00M
Uh, um, uhhh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DaysOff said:
3 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:
CNBC:

United Airlines will cut its flight schedule next month, amid a global coronavirus outbreak and slowing demand.

The airline will cut international flights by 20% and domestic flights by 10%. Some wide body planes will be parked.

Read more  

Not parking widebodies. Redeployed for hub to hub, transcons, and leisure destinations.

Elites must be happy.  Lie flat transcon and leisure. 

Just now, triplehorn said:

This is not how it supposed to work

There is so much craziness going on today.   We had a member of Congress, albeit he’s a Florida man, wear a fucking gas mask to the appropriations vote today.    Spoilered for those easily triggered

Spoiler

• Haha 1

This will work out well   The attorney in NYC.  They are asking 1,000 folks to self-quarantine.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/health/new-york-coronavirus-cases/index.html

“The man has an underlying respiratory condition that made him more vulnerable to the virus, said Dr. Howard Zucker, commissioner of the New York State Department of Health. 

The attorney has connections across metro New York City. He works at the Lewis and Garbuz law firm in Manhattan, and his family lives in suburban Westchester County. 

His 20-year-old son attends Yeshiva University in Manhattan, and his 14-year-old daughter attends SAR Academy and High School in the Bronx.”

——

“About 1,000 people are being asked to self-quarantine after the five latest cases, Cuomo said. 

Various health departments will contact those people and provide guidance.

"If anything, we are being over-cautious," Cuomo said.

Those asked to self-quarantine include some congregants of the Young Israel of New Rochelle synagogue in Westchester County.”

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m going to laugh if those people boarded that cruise ship after the shitshow with the cruise ship in Japan.   And given the amount of time, I’m guessing that they did.    Why would anybody do a cruise at this point?

left San Fran on the 11th of Feb. Never went near Asia so..... 

Not sure if shared here yet, but here in San Antonio hospital systems are amping up their preparedness and response. Starting tonight entrance and exits restricted from each one and every person coming and going will be screened for fever and cough. I believe it’s city wide but for sure in all HCA and Tenet facilities. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Add to the same advise near Seattle and going to be fun to watch. How do you quarantine the homeless? Asking for a friend. 

Oh, and this. 

Wonder what they are anticipating. 

Just now, Okie State said:
2 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:
Just heard on the local Houston news that there is a “presumptive” case here in Fort Bend County. 

Fort Bend must not be following the same policy as Harris.

No Rodeo? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Not sure if shared here yet, but here in San Antonio hospital systems are amping up their preparedness and response. Starting tonight entrance and exits restricted from each one and every person coming and going will be screened for fever and cough. I believe it’s city wide but for sure in all HCA and Tenet facilities. 

Good to hear. Every hospital in the country should have been doing this a month ago.

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m going to laugh if those people boarded that cruise ship after the shitshow with the cruise ship in Japan.   And given the amount of time, I’m guessing that they did.    Why would anybody do a cruise at this point?

praying for them.  at least they have test kits being flown to them so they can figure out who stays and who can disembark.

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hell, why does anyone do any cruise?  Seems every year there's a story or two about some Norwegian rat virus or whatnot causing a massive shit and vomit attack amongst all the passengers.

• Like 4

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away