CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Fauci is not part of the Trump admin.  He's been at NIH for years.  If you are going to hold Fauci up to this level of scrutiny, why not his boss at NIH, Francis Collins? 

And if you think Fauci quitting so he can speak "unvarnished truth" or whatever the fuck that is will help, that's just not a rational view.  He would come off as disgruntled, political, and his approval numbers would drop, rendering his trustworthiness largely useless.  Trump and Pence can't bash him like they want to, because he's still in government.  This is not hard to understand.

He's not a hero, he's just trying to do his fucking job.

Under this regime, trying to do ANY job that serves the country as opposed to serving Trump IS a heroic task.

• Like 2

How can you be hyperbolic about daily record setting infections, hospitalizations, and deaths?  
Look, I respect Fauci but when this is all said and done, history isn’t going to be kind to him. 

Meh he found himself in an impossible position. If he is blunt and direct he is fired on day one and Trumps doctor is placed in charge or Kushner. If he uses soft skills he saves lives and eventually runs afoul of the administration and people shit on him for not getting fired on day one.

This shit ain’t checkers (apologies to Denzel).

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is exactly what the Trump administration does to people, it puts them in moral checkmate by getting them to think they are one of the good ones on the inside protecting the people from an even worse regime if they leave.  It’s a rationalization to chose the path of least resistance. Sorry if I don’t find that honorable.  

No you are shitting on one of the great medical minds and greatest public servants of the past 50 years, and in typical Hugo fashion you are trying to inflame and incite. He can do much more to benefit us all right where he is even being constrained than he could do if he gets replaced. 

Trump is out in January and while it will take some time to unfuck things that is the best we can do.

My offer of leaving if he wins vs your leaving if he loses still stands. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all act like if Fauci gets fired or resigns he disappears. 

The opposite is true. Fauci is being muzzled by the Administration because he is an employee.  

Do you really think CNN wouldn’t love to have Fauci on every night talking to the American public?  

He could do that if he wasn’t on the inside. 

This is his moment to act and he’s deciding to obey instead. 

This is flat out false

Edited by Sawbonz

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Kemp isn’t just being negligent.

He’s actually aggressively trying to kill people.

Unreal.

There's a certain shrill streak in some Georgians whenever they try to prove their manhood.

It'd be funny if the big box stores told him to get fucked.

What's for sure is that the big old sheriffs deputies that won't enforce mask wearing in any other state will swarm some art gallery in Atlanta that enforces mask-wearing.

Fucking choke-ass Georgia.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m just sick of the reflexiveness to protect people in this Administration.  None of them are going to save us.  Period.  There are no heroes in Trump’s federal government but we love to pretend like there are. 

He’s not in this administration. Is your mailman part of the Trump administration?

Edited by Sawbonz
Shouldn’t be name calling
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, to spread the love, after Guvnah Grammaw in Alabama duck-walked backwards into a mask requirement today (Leadership by catching up to what Birmingham and Jefferson County have been doing for a while,) I do my radio monitoring to hear 3/4 of the yokel callers bragging about how they shall henceforce DEFY this assault on their LIBERTIES, Sir.

Which is bullshit, but it makes em feel tough. I guess they could stand in the parking lot and barter with Mercury Dimes while polishing their pocket Constitutions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

So many Trump supporters are emotional unstable. They freak out if they hear the word “mask.” They lash out in public at any implication - no matter how tangential - that they should take COVID seriously. And then when COVID hits close to home, they whipsaw the other way and it’s all “Woe is me! This disease is terrifying and why isn’t anyone doing anything to help me!” 

A significant portion our adult population are oversized toddlers and it’s perpetually past their nap time. They have no self control, they’re emotionally unstable, and they are incapable of understanding what is good for them until their recklessness results in injury. 

Grow up, you fucking idiots.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

So many Trump supporters are emotional unstable. They freak out if they hear the word “mask.” They lash out in public at any implication - no matter how tangential - that they should take COVID seriously. And then when COVID hits close to home, they whipsaw the other way and it’s all “Woe is me! This disease is terrifying and why isn’t anyone doing anything to help me!” 

A significant portion our adult population are oversized toddlers and it’s perpetually past their nap time. They have no self control, they’re emotionally unstable, and they are incapable of understanding what is good for them until their recklessness results in injury. 

Grow up, you fucking idiots.

Toddlers want discipline. So do these folks. All they needed was their leaders to tell them what to do and most would have done it, even if they griped about it. 

We have too many republican governors who are cowards though. Abbott waited too long to do the right thing.  The Georgia governor is going all in on the slim hope this doesn’t blow up. He will be proven wrong.

60% of our adult population has 1 major risk factor for covid complications. 40% has 2. As the virus spreads, these deniers are being hit with reality either by personally experiencing it or having close friends and family members experience it. They are realizing this is not a hoax and the backlash come November will be Yuge

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

So many Trump supporters are emotional unstable. They freak out if they hear the word “mask.” They lash out in public at any implication - no matter how tangential - that they should take COVID seriously.

As much as they piss me off, I think it's a natural human thing to fear mentioning scary things, because you'll magically call them into being. Think of the ancient Irish saying "Fair Folk" to keep from offending creatures they thought would drag them to the grave, all the euphemisms for the Devil, how even recently people would say anything but "Cancer."

So when you see a mask, it's like somebody screaming "It's Real It's Real IT'S REAL." A brittle person will freak the hell out. We see it on all these amateur phone-casts.

• Like 3

"I didn't make a poop."  "But all I am doing is making a poop."  
Keeping track, and defending, all of these hypocrisies that happen one on top of another would be enough to rack your brain.  If, of course, you had a brain to begin with.

U.K. government clearly informs us that Russia is attempting to steal vaccine information on Sunday. 

What has Trump focused on since Sunday?  Chuck Woolery and canned beans.  

2 hours ago, ultimaton said:

A leopard ate his face.  

Edit: responded w/o having read the rest of the thread.  I would say sorry to pile on, but I'm not.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

"I didn't make a poop."  "But all I am doing is making a poop."  
Keeping track, and defending, all of these hypocrisies that happen one on top of another would be enough to rack your brain.  If, of course, you had a brain to begin with.

U.K. government clearly informs us that Russia is attempting to steal vaccine information on Sunday. 

What has Trump focused on since Sunday?  Chuck Woolery and canned beans.  

Truth is fungible to him and his cult. It doesn't matter what he says, even if he contradicts himself in the first part of the sentence, the last thing out of his mouth, in his mind is the gospel truth.

59 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Truth is fungible to him and his cult. It doesn't matter what he says, even if he contradicts himself in the first part of the sentence, the last thing out of his mouth, in his mind is the gospel truth.

He's like usin Jedi Mind Tricks on them libs y'all.

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...I wanted to believe that. But there aren’t any of those people. The GOP is all-in on being a death cult.

"I know there's an argument going on here in the state over whether the governor can or cannot make you wear a mask," he said. "I'm not in that fight. But I'm here to tell you, put it on. The single best way all of us can be responsible to ourselves and sensitive to the health of others is to wear a mask and to practice social distancing."

That is Mitch McConnell imploring his constituents to follow mainstream scientific and medical advice after years of the GOP, Fox News and the rest of the conservative machine cultivating a distrust for anything mainstream, scientific or unpleasantly factual in their base.  Unfortunately for the estimable turtle from Kentucky, he can't just put that genie back in the bottle.  The morons are going to moron.

The conservatives I know that voted for Trump are falling into two categories generally segregated by intellect.  The minority who are intellectually capable are becoming cognizant that they are in a death cult.  They are running from the GOP as fast as they can.  The majority are imbeciles who still love the taste of orange mushroom dick.  They still view covid-19 as much ado about the flu, or a hoax, or a liberal conspiracy to control them.  They are going to cling to these narratives until they die.  They don't give a fuck that Fox News or Republican elected officials are telling them to wear a mask.  They have been wound up like a top and set in motion and there is no circuit breaker in their reptilian brains that will allow them to change course.

Enjoy reaping the whirlwind of stupidity you've sown, GOP!

• Like 3

On 4/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, JimmyJames said:

Texas will vote dem this fall. Oil is not only worthless, at least for a month, it’s something you have to actually get rid of, like the clap, Coronavirus or trump.

Trump will lose Texas this fall. This is shaping up to be a Mondale type election with a bunch of racist white trash in the south and Appalachian states keeping it from being a complete rout. And at the end that might not even hold up.

On 4/20/2020 at 7:31 PM, JimmyJames said:

Nah. That’s 50-50 and like I told you, I’m not stopping posting here until trump is gone. So I think you will see that anyway, although I might post every now and then for old times sake. While I think trump lose Texas I’m not gonna go so far as to bet on it with straight up odds. That would be dumb.

I’ll put up $500 with the odds you posted. Deal?

On 4/20/2020 at 8:08 PM, Anastasis said:

Book it. I’ll tell you the charity where your contribution should go to and you can send me a receipt. I’ll even let you take the tax deduction. And I’ll play the other side on predictit to make something on the swing. 

Here you go my man. Don’t be backing out now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

His son is probably pretty old too right? Is he in very bad shape with the virus? Is that what made Chuck tuck tail and run?

If it is one of his sons from his third marriage then his age would be late twenties to mid thirties. No idea of his health, but in our city a man in his fifties just passed away and he had no known health issues.

@JimmyJames. Good fucking search man.  I did legit google site search and couldn't find it.

I love that that played out on 4/20.  No wonder there was a hole in the memory bank. 

We're booked at 73 YES. You're well up.

Just to be clear, are bets off if Trump or Biden croak prior to the election? Or still action? I'm good either way, just need to account for it. The predictit odds were party based, but the exchange was candidate based.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

@JimmyJames. Good fucking search man.  I did legit google site search and couldn't find it.

I love that that played out on 4/20.  No wonder there was a hole in the memory bank. 

We're booked at 73 YES. You're well up.

Just to be clear, are bets off if Trump or Biden croak prior to the election? Or still action? I'm good either way, just need to account for it. The predictit odds were party based, but the exchange was candidate based.  

Yeah I’ll agree that if Trump or Biden croak before the election the bets off. I did think about the party discrepancy but I agree its better to be clear. Its trump v. Biden. If neither one is around then, no bet. 

OK with you? 

• Like 1