CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Gotta tell ya...I’d have MUCH preferred the taco truck version of that outcome.

What if ... now hear me out.

What if we take those refrigerated trucks AND also use them for taco trucks?

SmugWickedBobolink-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lemonlime said:

If you're president, and you wanted to kill as many Americans as possible, what would you do differently than trump has done?  His actions have demonstrably made the situation worse.  This is what a president would do if he were trying to kill people.  Hell, even if there was no federal government, we'd be better off today.

It’s just incompetence.  If you wanna kill as many people as possible and you’re the president, you simply fire a couple of nukes into Russia and China.  It’s obvious he was willing to allow people to die to serve his own interests, but I don’t think people dying was his intention.  He’s passively evil.  He’s aggressively stupid.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'm honestly impressed that most of these reporters can even keep a straight face when talking to him (other than OANN)

All I want -- seriously, all I want -- is for one of them to respond immediately with "what??"  That's it.  Exactly how any of us would respond to the rantings of a psychopathic lunatic.

• Like 1

Had the first Covid-19 death in our county yesterday.  The reporting on it made sure to mention 'The man "had underlying medical conditions and was admitted to the hospital for COVID-19 symptoms yesterday (Monday)," county health officials said in an announcement.'  He was 63 years old.  

The area has been very lucky overall, so far.  I have no reason for why that would be as we were no more or less compliant than any other area I've read about.  Stay safe out there, folks.  

If most schools go online, I wonder how this affects private schools.
I mean, why pay twice (tuition, taxes) to keep your kid away from Frightening Dark Children, if your kid is at home on the couch? The public school online program will probably be more comprehensive that whatever Sister Hermegunda or Headmaster Beauregard can slap together. Why not just put your kid "in" the public school you already pay for?
Yeah, I know your kid's private school is super-duper elite. I'm talking about the other 100%.
Could going online actually help kids in the worst districts, who get all those young teachers who don't know how to control a class? Those young teachers live online already.
Hmmm.
Private schools have the resources to do a better job. The private schools here, had a full day of instructions via zoom in the spring. My kid in Aisd get got emails and videos.

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Which one of you is this?

What's a little scary is people think that a basic mask is going to protect them when a jackass gets right up in their face and is screaming like that.  If that guy is infected, he's projecting a plume of virus into her face, and that mask may or may not protect her.  They should really give workers like her tasers because that could end up being lethal assault if she has any comorbidities.  Plus I'd just love to see his bitch ass flopping around on the ground ...  

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

All I want -- seriously, all I want -- is for one of them to respond immediately with "what??"  That's it.  Exactly how any of us would respond to the rantings of a psychopathic lunatic.

I've always wanted one of them, or anyone really, to just hold up a 4x4 foot version of this:

ZkitJr6NCpQWVY-R3Qy0CZo8UMU7A_fB6-kEtIJ_

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
18 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:
If most schools go online, I wonder how this affects private schools.
I mean, why pay twice (tuition, taxes) to keep your kid away from Frightening Dark Children, if your kid is at home on the couch? The public school online program will probably be more comprehensive that whatever Sister Hermegunda or Headmaster Beauregard can slap together. Why not just put your kid "in" the public school you already pay for?
Yeah, I know your kid's private school is super-duper elite. I'm talking about the other 100%.
Could going online actually help kids in the worst districts, who get all those young teachers who don't know how to control a class? Those young teachers live online already.
Hmmm.

Read more  

Private schools have the resources to do a better job. The private schools here, had a full day of instructions via zoom in the spring. My kid in Aisd get got emails and videos.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm thinking about all those little segregation academies scattered across the south. Some of them have graduating classes of a couple dozen. The parents, even when they sound uppah-class and end sentences with question marks? Up to their eyeballs in debt.

For the longest time, the big public school in my hometown had far more academic options than the local snob academy. (wish I had taken advantage of it)

I doubt any of this has anything to do with present-day Austin though.

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Fuck the governor. Still says he won't mandate masks or tolerate "mask shaming." I fucking hate this planet.

Again, it's not just that we're stupid -- it's that we're passionately dedicated to our stupidity.  He just pulled the russian roulette trigger, put a round in his head, and is still telling the population of the state he governs "go ahead and pick up that gun, bullets are fake news!"

We need to stoop making fun of the anti-maskers because they see through our hoax, and ask ourselves where we went wrong.

We arrogantly thought that getting all those people in Europe and New York City (waits for chorus) to die would do it. Those Europeans and New York City types went along with it too, eager to give their lives to hurt Trump.

But the anti-maskers saw through it. As they'll see through whatever hoax we come up with next.

They're just too smart for us, boys.

It has probably been said already, but I am very tired of reading "our most vulnerable."  With a virus like this, we are all vulnerable.  This is not to say the elderly and immuno-compromised don't have reason to be concerned.  But the phrase seems to imply that somehow the rest of us are not vulnerable.  Instead of "protect our most vulnerable" it needs to be "protect us all."

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Because at the end of the day, he’s a pussy. He’s scared of making tough choices. 

When you have no strive to learn, no independent thought process, and no moral compass,  this is what happens.

• Like 1

That just sucks, 'stache. When I used to live back there or was visiting home we would go to their Dad's restaurant, it was my older brother's fave, although he liked Ri Lee's too. This location's not been open long either I don't think. My older bro is sheltering due to some health issues but he loves the restaurant scene so he's had to do curbside/carryout for months now.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

The voice crack is just perfect. Little man wants to feel tough and special by bucking the "system," even if it's completely fucking stupid jackassery. Anti maskers in a nutshell.

Yeah, well he sounded like Merry Clayton singing backup on "Gimme Shelter".

• Like 1

In April, Oxford struck a deal with British pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca Plc to spearhead global manufacturing and distribution and help run more trials around the world. AstraZeneca has agreed to sell the vaccine on a not-for-profit basis during the crisis if it proves effective and has lined up deals with multiple manufacturers to produce more than 2 billion doses.“

Gilbert has voiced remarkable confidence in her chances, saying the Oxford vaccine has an 80% probability of being effective in stopping people who are exposed to the novel coronavirus from developing Covid-19. She has said she could know by September. Asked by MPs in early July whether the world would have to struggle through the winter without a vaccine, Gilbert said, “I hope we can improve on those timelines and come to your rescue.”

Let’s hope that this comes to fruition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

In April, Oxford struck a deal with British pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca Plc to spearhead global manufacturing and distribution and help run more trials around the world. AstraZeneca has agreed to sell the vaccine on a not-for-profit basis during the crisis if it proves effective and has lined up deals with multiple manufacturers to produce more than 2 billion doses.“

Gilbert has voiced remarkable confidence in her chances, saying the Oxford vaccine has an 80% probability of being effective in stopping people who are exposed to the novel coronavirus from developing Covid-19. She has said she could know by September. Asked by MPs in early July whether the world would have to struggle through the winter without a vaccine, Gilbert said, “I hope we can improve on those timelines and come to your rescue.”

Let’s hope that this comes to fruition.

You just knew with the right stimulus or prodding that a big pharma would come through on this (meaning sacrificing short-term profit for good feels).

This is what you could have done, shitgibbon.

• Like 2