CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I get it at a high level, but honestly, I don't want doctors deciding who to treat and who to turn away for any reasons other than emergency triage.  It just seems contrary to the code we expect our medical personnel to follow.  Yes, they are in a really shitty situation, but they signed up and accepted the responsibility.

And ultimately, I get paid to help these fucksticks no matter their ignorance. And it's the stupid that has made my profession a lot of money both currently and into the future and beyond.

Get sick you blissful idiots. 

I'm beyond hope that we can get our collective shit together. 
Also, this has become my new normal. I start off each interaction telling my patients about our masking policies and my rights to refuse service.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I get it at a high level, but honestly, I don't want doctors deciding who to treat and who to turn away for any reasons other than emergency triage.  It just seems contrary to the code we expect our medical personnel to follow.  Yes, they are in a really shitty situation, but they signed up and accepted the responsibility.

With medical systems at full capacity, this is kind of the situation now.

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

sup Chris! is your dad still an asshat?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

My dad could be an asshat at times, but he passed away quite a while ago. Not sure who Chris is. That definitely isn't my name.  Hell, it isn't even one of my fake names. 

11 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

My dad could be an asshat at times, but he passed away quite a while ago. Not sure who Chris is. That definitely isn't my name.  Hell, it isn't even one of my fake names. 

Dude.  Chris Simms lost a spleen ending his career and nearly his life.  His dad has an ass for a hat.

11 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

Dude.  Chris Simms lost a spleen ending his career and nearly his life.  His dad has an ass for a hat.

Had no fucking clue. Not a UT alum so I didn't follow his pro career that closely. Just vaguely remember him having medical issues. His dad is a grade A asshat.

Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That is a woman who does not tolerate foolishness and does not accept no for an answer.  I don't need to read the story to know that, I've had the great fortune to be around several just like her.  There's no arguing with that look.

you just say ‘yes ma’am’ and do what she says 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My father-in-law, late 80s, was taken to the hospital last night with what now appears to be internal bleeding.  My sister-in-law was staying with him and helping him until tonight, when she was asked to leave.  The hospital has banned visitors due to Covid.  So now my FIL is alone in his room, worrying about my MIL who is slowly declining, and scared of what is happening to him.  I thought that I couldn't dislike the anti-vaxxer morons any more, but found out today that I very easily can.  At least he has a room.  I hope to God that he doesn't get Covid.  He's vaccinated, but I'm afraid that his age, illness, and stress will work against him.  Damn, damn, damn.

im sorry brother. i've been thought  once already.  and hoping my Texas mama can stay out of it.

She lives it Burnet. My home town, this is today. almost half of the people are positive with covid.

https://covidactnow.org/us/texas-tx/county/burnet_county/?s=21851111

image.thumb.png.5a80216c57cf70f25447e1964af1af46.png

• Hook 'Em 1

I get that sentiment. They already deal with enough decision making in normal times.
A nurse friend was trying to get a diabetics shoe off. He was in a wheelchair, in major distress and his rotting foot fell the fuck off.

Fuck that.
"Heroes" gets overused, but nurses, earn that title.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I read the article.  I just don't think doctors should be screening patients in that manner.
I understand why they might do it, but talk about a slippery slope (ironically, a debate tactic I usually push back against).  
I tend to agree, but this a pandemic, and it requires extraordinary action. Rein shit in later.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
#csb - my anti vaxxer boss has covid. We talked for 5 mins and he coughed 4 times. He told me he found a teledoc that prescribed hydroxywhatever. Should fix him right up he said 

Enjoy your promotion!

im 100% fucking off the rest of the week

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, lmao said:

Fuck you for posting this shit again.

#csb - my anti vaxxer boss has covid. We talked for 5 mins and he coughed 4 times. He told me he found a teledoc that prescribed hydroxywhatever. Should fix him right up he said 

Hydroxychloroquine? Congratuations on your promotion!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Hydroxychloroquine? Congratuations on your promotion!

Is it that bad ?

i sent him two articles on rengeneron. in hindsight, if i had a covid positive test and some minor symptoms, I wouldn't be taking advice from an employee that told him his background and experience was pure crap, and he didn't understand our industry 

Edited by tx 3 putt

31 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Enjoy your promotion!

Dammit -- you beat me to it!

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Is it that bad ?

i sent him two articles on rengeneron 

I know many people think it can work as a prophylactic but I don't think there's a lot of evidence that shows it works really at all, especially with an active case.

He should be looking for Regeneron so good for you trying to steer him that way. (Unless, of course, you don't like him. If that's the case, send him to the nearest feed store to pick up some Ivermectin in paste form.)

Edited by C-Man

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I get that sentiment. They already deal with enough decision making in normal times.
A nurse friend was trying to get a diabetics shoe off. He was in a wheelchair, in major distress and his rotting foot fell the fuck off.

Fuck that.
"Heroes" gets overused, but nurses, earn that title.

Lol I've had something similar happen

Last night CBS News had a piece on the Covid outbreak in Louisiana. They had a segment shot in Lafayette that showed ambulances lined up at the hospital and they said they often had to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours to unload their patients because there weren’t any beds. The EMT’s were saying to just take them and put them somewhere because they had other calls. Then they interviewed one female EMT who still refuses to get vaccinated. When asked why, she said, “Me and my family pray a lot.” She’s trusting God to protect her. She should be fired. Trust in God to find her a new job. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

So I had a couple of Covid tidbits from yesterday.  First my former co worker told me his wife has Covid and he and his daughter are now in quarantine in the house.  They were all vaccinated but they also were fairly careless with mask wearing and social distancing.  He told me his wife has a 104 fever and lost her smell and taste and feels terrible so even with being vaxxed it definitely sucks to get this disease.  In a story more closer to home here in TX, my kid went to his first day of High School yesterday and he showed us a pic of the hallways.  I would share but it was taken on Snapchat or something by a friend and has some other information on it so the wife said I can’t show anyone else. Let’s just say the hallways between classes had like 5K kids jammed together (mostly unmasked cause Texas).  It was like a lollapalooza concert but in a narrow hallway.  He said there were so many kids you kid barely move to your next class. Guessing this won’t bode well for the spread of Covid.  I guarantee the picture, if sent to CNN/NBC/ABC would be big news around the country to show how screwed up Texas is right now.

• Rage+1 2

Catch me up on the booster protocol . . . will anyone be eligible in September, or will it be limited to "immune compromised" individuals?  Will proof of prior vaccine be required, and if so, will they force an 8 month wait from shot #2 until a booster is administered?  I'm early April, and I'm not interested in waiting until December for #3.