Super Tuesday - 1,357 Delegates at Stake

washparkhorn

27 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No I'm just making fun of white liberals online who are acting like they speak for black America because Bernie is losing. Let them speak for themselves. 

appears they did, at the ballot box today 

• Like 2

Just now, Message Board User said:

Nick Corasaniti, in Austin, Texas 3m ago

According to the Travis County clerk website, lines in Austin have not improved. There are 15 locations with waits longer than an hour (polls closed an hour ago).

Well they just shipped 14 more voting machines to the location at TSU in Houston.  They showed that line on the news a few minutes ago and it looked long as fuck. 

9:11 PM

With 99 percent of precincts reporting in Virginia, turnout so far is 67 percent greater than it was in the 2016 primary (or about 525,000 more votes). We know that there has been only a 7.4 percent increase in voter registrations (or 392,000 registrations) since 2016, so turnout as percent of registered voters does seem to be higher.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Hope and You Know, the Thing.  Biden 2020.

There are opinions out there that Biden can’t bring enthusiasm in voting but Bernie can do that. If Biden wins VA by a wide margin and they see major upticks in voting, that argument rings hollow.

*white liberals online whose favored candidates were either Pete or Liz until yesterday*

"Black people ain't be havin' no Bernie!"

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Liz. Pete prior to that, but you know that. 

i voted early, so i didn't have to make the choice today. 

It is immensely pathetic that you spent this entire time boosting candidates who had no traction among black voters or were actively hated by the black voters only to turn around and pretend you're their mouthpiece and dunk on a candidate who is doing better with black voters than those two combined x 2.

4e1a1856ecde1d3186e5e605dd64dd56.jpg

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There are opinions out there that Biden can’t bring enthusiasm in voting but Bernie can do that. If Biden wins VA by a wide margin and they see major upticks in voting, that argument rings hollow.

To your point - 

9:16 PM

With the state almost fully reported, turnout in Virginia is around 1.3 million voters, much bigger than 2016, when it was 785,000. It seems like a problem for Sanders’s narrative about turnout that the higher the turnout in a state, the worse he seems to be doing.

• Like 2

so WTF is going on with the voting in Texas?? is turnout literally that high, or is something fucked up? 

if it's turnout...then that's excellent. 

looks like MJ Hegar is going up against Cornyn - that lady is a badass! 

Just now, mchookem said:

so WTF is going on with the voting in Texas?? is turnout literally that high, or is something fucked up? 

Not necessarily - unless MJ gets 50%, there will be a runoff.

Just now, mchookem said:

MJ Is going to a runoff first. Why do you think she is a badass? 

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Oklahoma to Biden.  Not that it matters in the general but Bernie beat Hillary in OK last time.

There are prolly over a million voters that voted for Bern in 16 that aren’t voting for him now.  That says a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Biden makes Bernie his running mate and this thing is a lock. There will also be a lot of bets going on who croaks first. Let's all hope it's 45, either way. 

The VP will be a lady, I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

No line for me in Lake Highlands earlier tonight LOL.  Don't think the Trumpers in my area were motivated to turn out today.

39 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I’m just saying that you and him both prefer a system that is extremely cruel and causes untold suffering and immiseration just so the very rich can be a tiny bit richer. That’s who you are. 

Yeah probably, you should make more sweeping generalizations about me.  Then I'll take you where I was raised and you can tell them too. I'd put your odds at slightly less than 10% to make it out without being permanently maimed.  But I just know a bunch of hard working lower middle class people, many of them brown.  Let's kick it up a notch...This experiment would actually work better if you visit me here in Chicago and we can head down to Inglewood  - this would all be much more entertaining if you tell them all this BS that seems to be weighing on you and the other bros out there.  Your odds would go from 10% to zero, zilch, nada...you get the point.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
IL is Englewood, not surprisingly...it's also always up to no good.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

No line for me in Lake Highlands earlier tonight LOL.  Don't think the Trumpers in my area were motivated to turn out today.

Over in my area of Far East Dallas, it was 2/3 to 1/3 in the Democratic line versus the Republican line. Highest turnout I've seen since 2008. Some might have switched ballots just to avoid the long line. 

Edited by mdmost

Younger voters and Latino (Hispanic/Chicano) voters are the emerging voters. What the Repubs always feared. 
The Establishment Dems need to take notice of them - and not marginalize their emergence - especially out West.

Then they need to turnout and vote.

Young voters and Latino voters have some of the worst turnout percentages.

If they all actually showed up, this election would be a wrap.

Can’t complain about your group (youngs, Latinos, etc.) not being listened to or being ignored if 75% of them can’t be bothered to vote.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Huge turnout everywhere. Let's see... you put an egomaniacal, half-wit, hate monger in charge of the country and watch him grift every penny he can while selling the office favor to the highest bidder and a shitload of people don't like it. Maybe that's what it took to get the people off their ass and vote.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wait, so you're saying the loudest,  most obnoxious people on the internet, aren't the ones that determine who wins?

It's usually the silent majority that does the boofing.

Edited by F250
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wait, so you're saying the loudest,  most obnoxious people on the internet, aren't the ones that determine who wins?

Look, man--if we win tonight (and it's looking favorable at present), we're going to need every man on deck to win in November.  Let's be magnanimous in victory.

I don't like Bernie.  I think his supporters can be obnoxious.  But they feel passionately about their positions.  

We ought to listen to what they have to say.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RPM said:

Huge turnout everywhere. Let's see... you put an egomaniacal, half-wit, hate monger in charge of the country and watch him grift every penny he can while selling the office favor to the highest bidder and a shitload of people don't like it. Maybe that's what it took to get the people off their ass and vote.

Sadly, how many people saw this same thing and said, “yeah that is the kind of President I have always wanted”. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Then they need to turnout and vote.

Young voters and Latino voters have some of the worst turnout percentages.

If they all actually showed up, this election would be a wrap.

Can’t complain about your group (youngs, Latinos, etc.) not being listened to or being ignored if 75% of them can’t be bothered to vote.

WhiteSplaining.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

*white liberals online whose favored candidates were either Pete or Liz until yesterday*

"Black people ain't be havin' no Bernie!"

giphy.gif

It is immensely pathetic that you spent this entire time boosting candidates who had no traction among black voters or were actively hated by the black voters only to turn around and pretend you're their mouthpiece and dunk on a candidate who is doing better with black voters than those two combined x 2.

4e1a1856ecde1d3186e5e605dd64dd56.jpg

in all honesty...i have no idea what point you are trying to make here. 

numbers don't need a mouthpiece. that's why they're numbers. sorry your guy isn't doing better. 

Joe appears to have driven high turnout. that bodes very well for November if he manages to win. 

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah probably, you should make more sweeping generalizations about me.  Then I'll take you where I was raised and you can tell them too. I'd put your odds at slightly less than 10% to make it out without being permanently maimed.  But I just know a bunch of hard working lower middle class people, many of them brown.  Let's kick it up a notch...This experiment would actually work better if you visit me here in Chicago and we can head down to Inglewood  - this would all be much more entertaining if you tell them all this BS that seems to be weighing on you and the other bros out there.  Your odds would go from 10% to zero, zilch, nada...you get the point.  

It’s spelled Englewood. Inglewood is in LA. 

Edited by Jatrain

we should care deeply about the needs of young people and minorities?  Wow, what a bold Statement that all of us can agree upon.  you are so brave. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Look, man--if we win tonight (and it's looking favorable at present), we're going to need every man on deck to win in November.  Let's be magnanimous in victory.

I don't like Bernie.  I think his supporters can be obnoxious.  But they feel passionately about their positions.  

We ought to listen to what they have to say.

Totally agree, and very fair.  The Bern people in my family are actually gung ho with whoever to go after Trump...I just hope the online bros get in line...I'm not helping.  Duly noted. 

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I think we should care deeply about the needs of young people and minorities even if they feel alienated from electoral politics in a nation dominated by racist white people with a national history of severe oppression.

I'm a crazy person, though.

I think most of us agree with both of your statements there.

• Haha 1