College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Since CFB is starting up on TV here in a bit, just wanted to drop in and say get fucked everyone. College football is at least starting.

Man I have no problem with you proving me wrong.

I am watching college football right now and loving it.

i know it is only one game but I am starting to believe this might just work after all.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, Monster said:

"In 2 weeks its going to be really bad...the hospitalizations and deaths are on deck and are going to hit hard very soon".

This has become a popular meme.  Every. Single. Day.  Since March..."In 2 weeks, it's going to be hell on earth.  You'll see!"  

Forever moving the goal posts to keep fear alive.  And now you don't even have to be sick.  We're counting 'positive tests'...even if you're completely healthy.  

You realize over 200k people are dead from this alone not to mention however many died due to complications from other illnesses they couldn't get treated in time due to this. 

It got so bad in July after the June reopening that a red ass republican governor and trump ass kisser admitted he fucked up, re-shut down bars, and forced a mask mandate.  

Just because your selfish ass hasn't had a close family member die or get seriously hospitalized doesn't mean millions of others in this country haven't either. 

With schools reopening we could easily see a repeat of July in Texas and everything get shut back down again. 

Edited by blacklab
vacation for cr shit
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 3

8 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Man I have no problem with you proving me wrong.

I am watching college football right now and loving it.

i know it is only one game but I am starting to believe this might just work after all.

Wow SMU at TX State gets a slot on ESPN Sep 5. We are so, so thirsty.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

You realize over 200k people are dead from this alone not to mention however many died due to complications from other illnesses they couldn't get treated in time due to this. 

It got so bad in July after the June reopening that a red ass republican governor and trump ass kisser admitted he fucked up, re-shut down bars, and forced a mask mandate.  

Just because your selfish ass hasn't had a close family member die or get seriously hospitalized doesn't mean millions of others in this country haven't either. 

With schools reopening we could easily see a repeat of July in Texas and everything get shut back down again. 

So I guess this means you wont be watching any college football?

absolutely fucking not no way GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

....actually, it’s a little over 9,000 that are “dead from this alone” .... but carry on
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

I think I know where this is headed, but link? 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Comorbidities

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities, Socrata icon Click here to download.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

....actually, it’s a little over 9,000 that are “dead from this alone” .... but carry on

Actually even those people died from a lack of oxygen to the brain and heart.  So really O2 is to blame for all of this.  Not even Covid-19.  

You remind me of the man who took the reigns from Henry Gibson to head up "The United Appeal for the Dead."  

"Death continues to be our nation's #1 killer."  

6 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

That wastewater testing is an interesting technique and that looks like a solid application of it. Getting the ability to test widespread and receive the results rapidly all over the country could make this a viable way to cut down on spread in schools. 

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If you get in a car wreck and die from "blunt force injuries", do you say that the car wreck didn't cause the death? 

Taking it even further, if you have heart disease and get into a car wreck and die. This fuccboi is trying to say the cause of death should be heart disease. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Taking it even further, if you have heart disease and get into a car wreck and die. This fuccboi is trying to say the cause of death should be heart disease. 

It's kind of like my dad saying my grandma died of a heart attack. Sure, she went into cardiac arrest and died, but she was in a hospice care facility after a long battle with lung cancer because she smoked a couple packs a day since she was 16. The heart might have given out, but let's not forget what got her there. It's just my dad's attempt to take away some of my grandma's agency in her own death. She slowly killed herself with her smoking habit. That's the reality and it's hard for my dad to deal with that. Therefore, the heart attack got her, not the cigs.

I have a feeling that kind of mentality plays a lot into some people with COVID deaths.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

If you get in a car wreck and die from "blunt force injuries", do you say that the car wreck didn't cause the death? 

Horribly misplaced analogy.

Try this:

If said wreck was caused during Hurricane Laura evacuation, it counts a a “Hurricane-related death.” Which is different than someone who died from blunt force injuries in their home when a tree fell on it. That is a “Hurricane-caused death”.

Not sure why this is so complicated for some.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I have some news for you, everyone is dying in one way or the other. You will be hard pressed to find anyone over the age of 40 that doesn't have at least one medical condition. 

The bottomline is Covid-19 is causing people to die, period. Whether it's exacerbating existing conditions, or not, is completely irrelevant. 

So far this year, there's ~170,000 extra deaths than would be expected in a normal year. 

Don't be an aggy,.....

And you'll be hard pressed to find people who have died with COVID had comorbidity factors and under the age of 75. 

The facts to consider in totality:

-Medical coding was changed last year as it relates to COVID.  It became a far more liberal reporting & dramatically effects the comparison to influenza, pneumonia & swine flu data. 

-6% of cases were without comorbidity, the avg death from the "180k+" numbers had 2.6+ comorbidity factors involved

- The most important factor to consider is the avg age of the deceased..  78.  78 years old is the standard life expectancy in our country.   The key point here is not that their lives don't matter.  Point is that they are one foot in the grave with or without the virus & should be quarantined accordingly as most already were.   What we do with the other 99% of the population should have been addressed on far different terms & by a different strategy.

Unless you are near standard death age & have multiple health issues this virus is not reflective of how we have handled it as a society.   Sadly the majority of the population are ingrained with partisan values and flawed by poor logic.    The reality is playing out before our very eyes, with every passing week the picture gets clearer for those willing & able to see.   The data on topic here has been available from the onset, not on here but across the world.  The latter is of importance as we report COVID morbidity far different than most countries.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

the rest of the big12 is getting big10 transfers while mensa is signing community college dropouts. 

Maybe this is answered in another thread....but will we see guys transfer, play a year, then go back to their original school (if they want) and not have lost a year of eligibility?

18 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Maybe this is answered in another thread....but will we see guys transfer, play a year, then go back to their original school (if they want) and not have lost a year of eligibility?

You mean play for a team in the fall, and then play for another team in the spring?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Since CFB is starting up on TV here in a bit, just wanted to drop in and say get fucked everyone. College football is at least starting.

To be fair, I did end my comment with

I mean, I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it. 

I prefer my crow grilled thank you very much.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I think it's still a valid question for a player who transfers to play this fall from a B1G/P12 school to one of the other 3 P5s, and then back to the original school next fall with no loss of eligibility and no having to sit a year.  A Rent-a-Player scenario, if you will.

Is that possible, or I'd imagine the player would look to stay in the league that looks more "stable" as far as continuing play going forward...

5 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I think it's still a valid question for a player who transfers to play this fall from a B1G/P12 school to one of the other 3 P5s, and then back to the original school next fall with no loss of eligibility and no having to sit a year.  A Rent-a-Player scenario, if you will.

How about an early enrollee who immediately plays in January and then transfers in April?