College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Excuse me.  I self-quarantine from CR and have since 2008, precisely because I possess self-control.

I gave jesussweatsdicks 3 pos reps.  See, every time he negs me, i collect 4 positives on average.  And i'm Chaotic Neutral by alignment, so....

orangeman?

orangeman?

orangeman?

3 orangemans!

a4eb90bd831e8941af64973007f75626.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Here's another example of this inverse projection behavior.  I didn't discuss the position of the man who shall not be named.  I didn't discuss how I was for or against it.  My name for potus is the orange man.  I don't refer to him any other way.  I guess except now i will revert to the man who shall not be named, to keep from running afoul of you and anyone else that occupies a place in spacetime where i'm not.  iffin i don't name him, then i'm not bein' political.

okay then.

So now this is the Harry Potter thread?

• Like 2

Good article from Thamel at Yahoo Sports on how the quality of play will be affected by the stops and starts of practices, quarantining players, etc., etc.  Although I’m still skeptical that we’re going to see anything resembling a full season, this confirms that what we are about to witness will be a poor approximation of normal CFB. 
https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/with-college-season-starting-brace-yourself-for-ugly-football-181238291.html

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

Good article from Thamel at Yahoo Sports on how the quality of play will be affected by the stops and starts of practices, quarantining players, etc., etc.  Although I’m still skeptical that we’re going to see anything resembling a full season, this confirms that what we are about to witness will be a poor approximation of normal CFB. 
https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/with-college-season-starting-brace-yourself-for-ugly-football-181238291.html

So I assume you won't be watching?

3e0h3r.png

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Seriously?

We already know we will not be see anything resembling a "full" CFB season.

2  major conferences not even playing, 3 conferences playing almost exclusively conference games only etc......

What a revelation.

I will take any college football over none or the NFL any time.

• Hook 'Em 2

He’s a coronabro. Now that he and fellow coronabro struck out swinging after tweeting about no college football this year-from “anonymous sources”, he’s changing his tune to be prepared for ugly football.

No. Shit. Nothing about 2020 is normal, why would CFB be any different.

So expect Michigan to beat Ohio state

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He’s a coronabro. Now that he and fellow coronabro struck out swinging after tweeting about no college football this year-from “anonymous sources”, he’s changing his tune to be prepared for ugly football.

No. Shit. Nothing about 2020 is normal, why would CFB be any different.

So expect Michigan to beat Ohio state

Good Lord, are you always this myopic?  54 of 130 FBS schools are not playing.  That's a .415 batting average.  Hall of Fame numbers.

Additionally, only 15 FCS schools will play and there will be no playoffs. 112 out of 127, almost 90%, won't be playing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Good Lord, are you always this myopic?  54 of 130 FBS schools are not playing.  That's a .415 batting average.  Hall of Fame numbers.
Additionally, only 15 FCS schools will play and there will be no playoffs. 112 out of 127, almost 90%, won't be playing.

So over half of the FBS is still playing after 4 months of “no college football tweets”? Does anyone care about no MAC, MWC or Pac12? If the B1G reversed their decision then all is fine with me.

And as a FCS follower, there’s 4 maybe 5 teams that matter. And some tried to play. JMU tried getting games after the CAA was the first to postpone. NDSU tried getting games after the MVFC postponed and managed to snag one.

2 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

So I assume you won't be watching?

3e0h3r.png

No, I’ll be watching, in person if I can. I’m just skeptical that it will be a quality product. But as @LTbear points out, ugly CFB is still better than any other sport. 

LOL at the posters that snapped back at my post thinking I was aligning myself with “coronabros” or some faction. Regardless of what Thamel thinks, or I think, or anyone thinks, this is going to be ugly. Not every thought on this subject has to have an ideological undertone. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just like people promoting Clay Travis bullshit is a "tell" about them as a poster, so is shitting on Thamel, Mandel, Wolken and other national writers. The latter group are actual journalists so they sometimes have to update their reporting with new info, and sometimes their sources turn out to be off base. But none of them have an agenda. They may be complete assholes irl (I think we hate Thamel from some long-ago OU reporting), but you won't find them taking black/white ignorant stands on important issues like COVID.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They really need to punch up the production value on the TV. They need to do all tight shots of the field that doesn't show the empty stands, and they need to pump in crowd music like on a video game, so you can watch it and hear big cheering for home team, groans for the road team. If they do that people will be able to trick their mind into thinking all is normal. If they have just dead silence for the whole game, after big plays or non big plays its going to be a problem

They can get it right if they want to I'm sure. I mean we see it for video games so why can't we do the same for tv purposes?

Fucking aggy already does this regularly.   Went to TxSt game last year and the stands were less than half full for a Thursday nighter, didn’t take long to realize that “the greatest experience, with the greatest fans, in the greatest shithole stadium” was a a bunch of bullshit with piped in fan noise over the loud speakers at an ear shattering 200dB. 

Pretty sure there’s some kind of rule against shit like blasting music over the PA to disrupt the other teams offense, making it so they can’t hear.   But never lie, cheat or steal aggy uses pre=recorded crowd noise played at an obscene volume exactly that way right through the snap.  Home field advantage indeed. 

Just like people promoting Clay Travis bullshit is a "tell" about them as a poster, so is shitting on Thamel, Mandel, Wolken and other national writers. The latter group are actual journalists so they sometimes have to update their reporting with new info, and sometimes their sources turn out to be off base. But none of them have an agenda. They may be complete assholes irl (I think we hate Thamel from some long-ago OU reporting), but you won't find them taking black/white ignorant stands on important issues like COVID.

Clay to me has become the TMZ of sports journalism. He’s not going to be right 100% or you won’t agree with him...but he’s definitely “shoot from the hip” Wild West type of reporting...and really since about June I don’t know how anyone can not tip their cap to him unless they’re letting pre covid hatred for him prevent that

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So over half of the FBS is still playing after 4 months of “no college football tweets”? Does anyone care about no MAC, MWC or Pac12? If the B1G reversed their decision then all is fine with me.

And as a FCS follower, there’s 4 maybe 5 teams that matter. And some tried to play. JMU tried getting games after the CAA was the first to postpone. NDSU tried getting games after the MVFC postponed and managed to snag one.

So you're doubling down on your easily disproven proclamation that those who predicted COVID would disrupt the fall football season "struck out swinging"?  And you attempt to mealy-mouth your way around it by claiming nobody cares about the 166 programs that aren't playing.  Just take the L, pussy.

It is further instructive that you think "shoot from the hip" equals any kind of journalism, thereby confirming your idiocy.  It appears you really can't tell the difference between actual journalism as described by Bartles vs. talking out of your ass like Travis.  As I said, avatar checks out.  He's the patron saint of gasbags with no purpose but to hear themselves talk. Welcome to the Idiocracy.

Why do I waste time arguing with a dumbass?

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

No, I’ll be watching, in person if I can. I’m just skeptical that it will be a quality product. But as @LTbear points out, ugly CFB is still better than any other sport. 

LOL at the posters that snapped back at my post thinking I was aligning myself with “coronabros” or some faction. Regardless of what Thamel thinks, or I think, or anyone thinks, this is going to be ugly. Not every thought on this subject has to have an ideological undertone. 

i'll rep this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, Js1 said:

"Coronabros" or corona truthers?

Yeah, I'd rather be on the side of science than align myself with Clay Travis and QAnon. 

I wouldn't want to be associated with any group known as "truthers".  It immediately evokes images of the Loose Change/9-11 dumbasses.

So you're doubling down on your easily disproven proclamation that those who predicted COVID would disrupt the fall football season "struck out swinging"?  And you attempt to mealy-mouth your way around it by claiming nobody cares about the 166 programs that aren't playing.  Just take the L, pussy. It is further instructive that you think "shoot from the hip" equals any kind of journalism, thereby confirming your idiocy.  It appears you really can't tell the difference between actual journalism as described by Bartles vs. talking out of your ass like Travis.  As I said, avatar checks out.  He's the patron saint of gasbags with no purpose but to hear themselves talk. Welcome to the Idiocracy.

Why do I waste time arguing with a dumbass?

Probably because you’re a bitch?

If you think journalism is reporting the facts- then I agree. If you think journalism is quoting anonymous sources close to a P5 program saying “zero shot at fall sports including CFB” then you’re the dumbass, and so is the journalist. They’re just trying to be the guy to break the story first. And leave the twitter comments on to take the L when it gets thrown back in your face.

Take Thamels and Mandels cock out of your mouth and see what’s going on. Even (I believe) Mandel had a fucking eulogy on how he could’ve done better a few days ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Travis is a clown, but I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Dan Wolken doesn't have an agenda.  Good Lord.

45 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Probably because you’re a bitch?

If you think journalism is reporting the facts- then I agree. If you think journalism is quoting anonymous sources close to a P5 program saying “zero shot at fall sports including CFB” then you’re the dumbass, and so is the journalist. They’re just trying to be the guy to break the story first. And leave the twitter comments on to take the L when it gets thrown back in your face.

Take Thamels and Mandels cock out of your mouth and see what’s going on. Even (I believe) Mandel had a fucking eulogy on how he could’ve done better a few days ago.

At least you don't try to refute that you're a dumbass.  Progress.

And I don't sit around reading Twatters so I haven't a clue what Thamel or Mandel have ever said on the matter.  But kudos on your scintillating and sophomoric homophobic jab. I wouldn't expect anything more from a dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Wanting the kids to play this year means you don't care if 1/3 of them get heart problems. It is impossible to argue otherwise. 

People still don’t believe this for some reason, but damn if that’s not the biggest thing I’ve been told by people who deal with this shit daily. Dr strait said “Dying isn’t the worst thing that can happen to you with this and if you can avoid getting it, you should”

• Hook 'Em 2

At least you don't try to refute that you're a dumbass.  Progress.
And I don't sit around reading Twatters so I haven't a clue what Thamel or Mandel have ever said on the matter.  But kudos on your scintillating and sophomoric homophobic jab. I wouldn't expect anything more from a dumbass.

for a site that’s very foundation is built on bags of dick jokes, way to prove your wokeness

30 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

People still don’t believe this for some reason, but damn if that’s not the biggest thing I’ve been told by people who deal with this shit daily. Dr strait said “Dying isn’t the worst thing that can happen to you with this and if you can avoid getting it, you should”

Well it by definition is the worst thing, but rather just because your chances of dying are low doesn't mean it might not have very bad long term impacts.

Best to just not get it at all. Fortunately I have been succeeding at that goal so far and here is hoping the Big 12 also has a low Covid season.

• Hook 'Em 1