College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

15 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Is that possible, or I'd imagine the player would look to stay in the league that looks more "stable" as far as continuing play going forward...

Wow...

This whole ordeal might cause a big shift in recruiting and who is sitting at the top for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, Goodman said:

This needs eyeballs. CB has been doing gods work since Twitter negotiated a monopoly. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/df9dx5-funeral-funds-for-my-father?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

I don't know Chris Bennett, but assuming his sister's father is his father, I would ask Chris, how many years his dad took an E-7 Pension as a 20+ year Air Force Staff Sergeant?:

https://militarypay.defense.gov/Pay/Retirement/E7with20years/

Michigan can't beat us on the field, so they resorted to treachery.  Great way to show your ass, University of Michigan.

League sources tell ESPN that #Nebraska, #OhioState and #Iowa are the three schools that voted against postponing the fall season. This will surprise absolutely no one who has followed the story.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29781315/big-ten-voted-11-3-postpone-fall-football-season-docs-show

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2020/08/116189/big-ten-presidents-and-chancellors-voted-11-3-in-favor-of-postponing-the-fall-football-season

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I don't know Chris Bennett, but assuming his sister's father is his father, I would ask Chris, how many years his dad took an E-7 Pension as a 20+ year Air Force Staff Sergeant?:

https://militarypay.defense.gov/Pay/Retirement/E7with20years/

If your assumption is correct which it is and you knew Chris, why would this be the question you would ask? 

26 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Michigan can't beat us on the field, so they resorted to treachery.  Great way to show your ass, University of Michigan.

League sources tell ESPN that #Nebraska, #OhioState and #Iowa are the three schools that voted against postponing the fall season. This will surprise absolutely no one who has followed the story.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29781315/big-ten-voted-11-3-postpone-fall-football-season-docs-show

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2020/08/116189/big-ten-presidents-and-chancellors-voted-11-3-in-favor-of-postponing-the-fall-football-season

Thank the Nebraska parents on getting you some answers. Now go away.

9 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

If USC still mattered it really would be a win-win-win-win scenario. 

Only downside is not getting to watch Harbaugh fall on his face again.

The casualness with which the PAC cancelled shows how little sway the Trojans have.  Probably the same for Oregon.  I'd guess Cal and Stanford meet privately to write out talking points for the other 10 ADs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

The casualness with which the PAC cancelled shows how little sway the Trojans have.  Probably the same for Oregon.  I'd guess Cal and Stanford meet privately to write out talking points for the other 10 ADs. 

I'd argue this is all a win-win for Notre Dame, the only team playing in the Great Lakes (- 'Cuse & Pitt) & won't face USC this fall...

• Hook 'Em 1

This will probably fizzle like everything Trump does, but if he got them on the field in time to be CFP eligible, it could legitimately gain him several points in the WI, MI and PA polls (he's already safe in OH, IA among others)

Edited by blacklab
vacation for cr shit
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bartles said:

This will probably fizzle like everything Trump does, but if he got them on the field in time to be CFP eligible, it could legitimately gain him several points in the WI, MI and PA polls (he's already safe in OH, IA among others)

I always figure on Trump shit up, and I was looking forward to pointing and laughing at the big 10 during their JV season, but if this happens it’s probably for the best for CFB as an overall sport. 

13 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Def. seems what he's playing here.. but the Big Ten presidents have already been accused by fans & parents of players as making the cancellation of the season a political move against Trump (I believe there have been anti-Trump ads played in big ten country showing empty stadiums) so probably nothing happens. /no cloak room

There are a ton of reasons the B1G presidents can't just reverse course. It was never as simple as getting rapid tests for the players, though that is a big deal and needs to happen either way. There would be an uproar about prioritizing publicly-funded tests. And they've already planted their stake about myocarditis and other unknown complications.

This is another flesh wound for Kevin Warren either way. He looks silly for capitulating to Trump after a single phone call, and/or he becomes even more of a pariah to fans if it doesn't work out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bartles said:

There are a ton of reasons the B1G presidents can't just reverse course. It was never as simple as getting rapid tests for the players, though that is a big deal and needs to happen either way. There would be an uproar about prioritizing publicly-funded tests. And they've already planted their stake about myocarditis and other unknown complications.

This is another flesh wound for Kevin Warren either way. He looks silly for capitulating to Trump after a single phone call, and/or he becomes even more of a pariah to fans if it doesn't work out.

I’m for anything that’s a lose lose for

the big 10 and Trump. I can laugh from the sidelines. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bartles said:

They were already talking about starting after Thanksgiving.  What's the difference?

And any uproar over funneling tests to the B1G would be more than offset by the votes Trump would pick up in a bunch of swing states, which is the ONLY reason Trump is doing this.

10 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Def. seems what he's playing here.. but the Big Ten presidents have already been accused by fans & parents of players as making the cancellation of the season a political move against Trump (I believe there have been anti-Trump ads played in big ten country showing empty stadiums) so probably nothing happens. /no cloak room

Obviously, there should be nothing wrong with wanting all athletes to vote, but Warren has made it a priority as Big 10 commish to be involved in politics.

https://sports.yahoo.com/can-the-big-ten-swing-a-presidential-election-kevin-warren-wants-to-find-out-180131201.html

And Biden is absolutely trying to capitalize on no football being played in some states.

• Hook 'Em 1

So Trump wanted testing slowed down, but now he needs rapid testing to save Big 10 football. Hmmmmm.

I want the Big 10 back. I want them to play a 10 game season starting 9/26. I want Texas playing Ohio State in the playoffs. Let's all smoke weed about this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wonder why he's not talking to the PAC.  Hmmmm......

It's so nakedly obvious and Warren should tell Trump to fuck off, the presidents of the universities voted and he stands by his members' leaders who made the decision. 

It was 11-3, not like it was 8-6 or something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

orange man just signed up for Spartacus Testing.  every amateur sport at every level public or private and especially the Title 9 construct will raise their hand within 24 hours....  "we want our free expedited 3-times-a-week testing or we sue the President".   this might actually be a good thing.   they had to put fauci under sedation to run a shenanigan round him, but they can't stop the juggernaut that is the parents of 8 corn players.