College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

15 hours ago, Bartles said:

This will probably fizzle like everything Trump does, but if he got them on the field in time to be CFP eligible, it could legitimately gain him several points in the WI, MI and PA polls (he's already safe in OH, IA among others)

That tells me BUG football will not start before November.

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If there's a swing state in the Pac 12, it's Arizona.

Rural Colorado is still really red, but the influx of people from CA into the Denver metro have likely made it a permanent blue state.

BUILD THE WALL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

I would like to fuck Nichole Auerbach.  

So, a young attorney and an old attorney are sitting in a bar. A beautiful blonde walks in, sensuously sits down at the bar and orders a martini. The young attorney says, "Man, I would like to fuck her." The old attorney says, "Out of what?"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Clay Travis is single handedly saving college football this year. He might be the most powerful man in the most powerful, richest, most important country in the history of mankind. 

If you’re on Clay Travis’ side, you probably should be forced to wear a helmet to go outside as you are highly regarded. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You laugh now but this fucker is going to be a Congressman or maybe even a Senator in the next ten years.  If he's an absolute moron then what does that make your dumbass?

Are you trying to say that the American people don't regularly elect absolute morons?

Edited by Royalfan5
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm pissed at the prospect of the Big 10 playing.

It's just pure selfishness though.  If they sit while the Big 12 plays, and ISU has a good season, it will change the dynamic in this state over night.

I’m the opposite. My school has its best team in a decade and a realistic shot at the conference title and a CFP playoff spot (calm down I fully understand it’s not likely which is why I said realistic). If by some miracle we finally break through this year I don’t want any argument that we only made the playoff because Ohio State and to a lesser degree Michigan, PSU, etc, didn’t play. I’m less concerned about that argument with the Pac based on preseason rankings and recent conference reputation.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’m the opposite. My school has its best team in a decade and a realistic shot at the conference title and a CFP playoff spot (calm down I fully understand it’s not likely which is why I said realistic). If by some miracle we finally break through this year I don’t want any argument that we only made the playoff because Ohio State and to a lesser degree Michigan, PSU, etc, didn’t play. I’m less concerned about that argument with the Pac based on preseason rankings and recent conference reputation.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if talking heads make this case.  You will have made the playoffs, and nothing can change that.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

Well, this man is about to be US Senator from the state of Alabama ...

TOMMY-TUBERVILLE-IS-PISSED.gif

He got blown out by Paul Rhoads at home.  Tell me more about how achieving political power in this country correlates with intelligence.

Also, if you've ever listened to him call a game.  Woof.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

OSU is the only team that moves the needle.  There isn't going to be any asterisk.  If the title game happens, more than likely that champion is going to be more lauded than a normal year, and plus that team would have such pride in their role in pretty much killing the PAC12.

59 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The Big 10 and the Big 12 are mutually exclusive when it comes to the playoffs. One takes a bad beatdown and the other takes a worse beatdown, so don't worry, the worst anyone can say is if Ohio State was there, then they would have lost by a little less than y'all. 

• Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm pissed at the prospect of the Big 10 playing.

It's just pure selfishness though.  If they sit while the Big 12 plays, and ISU has a good season, it will change the dynamic in this state over night.

Same. Fuck the Big Ten- they get hype every year just for it to be OSU plus a bunch of warm shit. 

But also selfishly, I just want three conferences to play in the fall and the other two to play in the spring so I get football spread across the majority of a year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Do you think Bama fans lost sleep after back-dooring into the MNC past you guys in 2011, or dodging Oregon to play ND in 2012? If you make it in and are good enough to beat Bama/Clemson, no one will say shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

All this points out is how tribalistic most Americans are.  Rising to political power doesn't make you particularly smart, outside of the ability to manipulate people, and if people are that easily manipulated by a politician, it doesn't speak well of their critical thinking skills.

If the President came out today and said the Moon was a hunk of Gouda, 40% of the country would believe it.  I mean, his current campaign stump is that the discord we're seeing under his watch is a preview of what his opponent's tenure would look like.  Removing political bias aside, that's a truly insane argument that many people buy - because it's coming from their tribe.

#teamAl

rep paid.

The Good Doktor never imagined a level of Fear and Loathing that we have reached.

The orange man made this thread political.  Al didn't.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

You laugh now but this fucker is going to be a Congressman or maybe even a Senator in the next ten years.  If he's an absolute moron then what does that make your dumbass?

Still not as stupid as you, considering you’ll continue to suck his dick and whine about politics and sports 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The Big 10 and the Big 12 are mutually exclusive when it comes to the playoffs. One takes a bad beatdown and the other takes a worse beatdown, so don't worry, the worst anyone can say is if Ohio State was there, then they would have lost by a little less than y'all. 

What a stupid fucking comment 

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Still not as stupid as you, considering you’ll continue to suck his dick and whine about politics and sports 

I don't agree at all with Clay's assumed politics, I just respect the grift.  Saying he's a moron is like saying the Walton's must love cheat shit made overseas for slave wages - you are confusing the source with the product.  

Edited by Fozzz
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Eh, is it though? There has been a non SEC/ACC team in the CFP championship exactly once

I mean, it was mostly some good natured ribbing for the Okie Lite fan and an open invitation for Texas fans to say not this fucking year, but I didn't realize how fucking tight everyone is wound 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I negged you because of continuing politics (using Orange Man for example) in the football thread.  If you want to say shit like that, we have a place and it isn't here. 

i will say whatever i want and if it offends you neg away.   the man who shall not be named took actions to insert himself in to this thread.  that fact can not be downed.

you don't like it, tweet him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Eh, is it though? There has been a non SEC/ACC team in the CFP championship exactly once

Oregon played tOSU in 2015. And fringe TCU ass-whipled Ole Miss that season in the Peach. OU went to double OT against Georgia in 2018. Clemson/tOSU was tight last year.

And we're talking about a sample size of 6 championship games. Acting like a non SEC/ACC team is guaranteed to get beatdown is silly.

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It wasn't for discussing the President's position or how you're for or against it.  It was for saying something like "Orange Man" which will just stir up the trolls on both sides.  Go to the cloak room for that bullshit

Here's another example of this inverse projection behavior.  I didn't discuss the position of the man who shall not be named.  I didn't discuss how I was for or against it.  My name for potus is the orange man.  I don't refer to him any other way.  I guess except now i will revert to the man who shall not be named, to keep from running afoul of you and anyone else that occupies a place in spacetime where i'm not.  iffin i don't name him, then i'm not bein' political.

okay then.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Oregon played tOSU in 2015. And fringe TCU ass-whipled Ole Miss that season in the Peach. OU went to double OT against Georgia in 2018. Clemson/tOSU was tight last year.

And we're talking about a sample size of 6 championship games. Acting like a non SEC/ACC team is guaranteed to get beatdown is silly.

I mean you pointed out the one game I was referencing and then a bunch of subsequent Ls. True until proven otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 1