Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, CoachTex said:

I prefer we go with a hybrid. A cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sinsemilla. The amazing stuff about it is, that you can play 8 quarters on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

Just stay out of the pool.  The pond is OK though.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I hope they suck balls and we’re undefeated and they’re in zero position to play spoiler, and then we hang 50 on them and then Joey Maguire bursts into tears on the sidelines and his wife subsequently leaves him. 

I think his wife already left him unless he got another one. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think his wife already left him unless he got another one. 

I read some article talking about the culture he’s building etc, and it referenced his wife and family, and it sounded like it was the same wife he married really young. Could be mistaken, though. 

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Seriously? That is usually a day game and the schedule says tbd. I ask because that’s going to effect my hotel choices

https://texassports.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

listed as a 6:30pm start on the texas sports page.  I marked it in my calendar when it was announced a few months ago.  I'd go ahead and lock down that hotel.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, someguy said:

https://texassports.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

listed as a 6:30pm start on the texas sports page.  I marked it in my calendar when it was announced a few months ago.  I'd go ahead and lock down that hotel.

More like mark your thermometers for the Rice game

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

How many unrelated threads are you posting this link in?

I am probably the only one that thinks that orange light thing is cheesy.

I could not believe Bama did it and now us. Guess I am just too old.

I remember watching a game last year when the home team did their colored light thing after a score and it killed the regular lights for about 25 minutes causing a delay.

Now get the fuck off of my lawn !

• Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I remember watching a game last year when the home team did their colored light thing after a score and it killed the regular lights for about 25 minutes causing a delay.

You are. I’ve only heard positive things about how it makes the atmosphere of night games better. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/12/2023 at 8:51 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I hope they suck balls and we’re undefeated and they’re in zero position to play spoiler, and then we hang 50 on them and then Joey Maguire bursts into tears on the sidelines and his wife subsequently leaves him for a zumba instructor with an unusually large clit.

Mad libs morning...

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I'm kinda with ya... but, I'll try to reserve judgement until game 1.

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That shit is awesome. Go take a nap so you can be sure & get to Furr's by 4.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I'm kinda with ya... but, I'll try to reserve judgement until game 1.

game 1 is astoundingly at 2:30 in the fucking afternoon on september 2nd so you will not have an opportunity to judge.  and if you attend game 1, you will never have a chance to judge because just like every other attendee of the dumbest fucking game in the history of the world, you will be dead because you attended a football game at 2:30 in the afternoon on september 2nd.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

game 1 is astoundingly at 2:30 in the fucking afternoon on september 2nd so you will not have an opportunity to judge.  and if you attend game 1, you will never have a chance to judge because just like every other attendee of the dumbest fucking game in the history of the world, you will be dead because you attended a football game at 2:30 in the afternoon on september 2nd.

What time did the Lousiana game kick off two years ago? That's the hottest I've ever been in that stadium. Think it was some goofy kick time like 1:30.

100% true.

And to hell with the money/tv bullshit. No game the first month of the season, especially our home opener, should be during the day. Just stupid and dangerous for fans and players.
  • Like 2

If I am seeing lights strobing for game 1 that means either I am getting pulled over for a potential DUI or I've passed out from heat exhaustion and I'm in an ambulance. 

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What time did the Lousiana game kick off two years ago? That's the hottest I've ever been in that stadium. Think it was some goofy kick time like 1:30.

At halftime my wife sat in the tunnel behind our section until 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. This summer has been way hotter than that summer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

On 8/14/2023 at 8:32 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

On 8/14/2023 at 8:48 AM, TrashMaster G said:

How many unrelated threads are you posting this link in?

This is relevant because it will make treating the heat stroke victims in the stands much easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The hottest I can remember was Rout 66, in the east stands. Left as soon as it became uncompetitive, which, as I recall was about the middle of the second quarter. Handwriting was on the wall, sunburn was on my face, which you couldn't see because of the mortification. Gave my tix away and took the rest of the year off, as it was plain Mackovic had us well on the way to a shit season, in which we ended up 4-7 overall; 2-6 in conference. Ah, but Arizona proved to be an even greater fool than we--they hired Mackovic and he went 10-18 and was fired midway through his third season there. The good old days aren't always the good old days, know what I mean?

43 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

100% true.

And to hell with the money/tv bullshit. No game the first month of the season, especially our home opener, should be during the day. Just stupid and dangerous for fans and players.

The "way too early" weather forecast calls for mostly sunny with a high of 97. 113 is the "real feel" (obviously much hotter on the field) so, yeah, pretty idiotic & extremely dangerous.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You're too fucking old.

4 hours ago, GTNY said:

I think they have lit the Longhorn in the SEZ up but arent going to show in any promo videos and leave as a surprise. very excited to see what that looks like 

It's been lit since day 1, but it doesn't really look as cool as you'd think:

image.thumb.png.2f1f15dfe357dc5ba9cb0c6da9755860.png