2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Oh are we doing the oversampling thing again this year?  

Dude it’s like a D +10 sample and almost no independents. It’s a ridiculous poll. Great for clickbait though. Nationally it’s D +6.

Biden is no doubt ahead but that’s clickbait.

35 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The narrative today is that the trump team is struggling to attack Harris.

they’ve called her 50 different things. Nothing has really stuck so far and they don’t even have a catchy nickname for her. Will they get desperate and try to attack her sex life? Would be a big mistake.

What’s her sex life backstory? 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just now, mchookem said:

i keep seeing reference to 'slut shaming'...but i've never heard anything specifically salacious about Harris, i have no idea what people are alluding to 🤨

She dated Willie Brown (much her senior) about 25 years ago. Lots of people including really super smart guys like maninblack and Jesse Kelly have made jokes about blowjobs. And by really super smart I mean dumb.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

25 years ago she dated Willie Brown For a couple years. Willie Brown is 30 years older than Kamala. It was reported at the time they began dating and reported when they broke up. Willie Brown is a major player in SF politics. “She slept her way up and got jobs she didn’t deserve” is the stupid talking point. Except for the fact I think all her positions of power were voted on by a constituency and not decided by one singular person in power.

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i keep seeing reference to 'slut shaming'...but i've never heard anything specifically salacious about Harris, i have no idea what people are alluding to 🤨

She used to date Willie Brown.

BFD--If I were a woman, I'd date Willie Brown.  Dude's a baller.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks for the responses. 
I was telling my wife that I am so glad it’s not Hillary that will be the first woman president bc, as father of daughters, the idea of “you can be anything you want to be” is seriously curtailed by- provided you marry the right guy, stick with him through infidelities and trade on his name recognition. 
The idea that she slept her way to the top sounds kind of stupid from how this has been presented. 
I can’t imagine voters used this as a reason to vote for her and doesn’t sound like she’s been gifted a machine. 
Good for her for something pretty historically significant (first woman as a member of a winning national ticket). 
I would imagine she also becomes first woman president either through taking over for Joe or having the inside track in 2024 in her own right. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The idea that she slept her way to the top sounds kind of stupid from how this has been presented. 
I can’t imagine voters used this as a reason to vote for her and doesn’t sound like she’s been gifted a machine. 

Any voters who would use this as a "reason" were never going to vote for her anyway.  They instead use it as reinforcement of their shitty beliefs.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Any voters who would use this as a "reason" were never going to vote for her anyway.  They instead use it as reinforcement of their shitty beliefs.

This.

What I'm seeing from the GOP is that they don't have any bombshells to convince undecideds/independents to turn away, or for Dem leans to choose to stay home.  All they've got is stuff that further feeds their base, but that doesn't get them any new voters or cancel any voters for the Dem candidate.

So, they're going to go all-in on the cheating.  We're going to hear some horrific things from whistle-blowers in the USPS in the coming weeks, and it may actually be actionable (as in, we'll see some injunctions).  It's also going to hurt business and commerce -- if they can't process ballots, they also can't process envelopes with checks, bills, etc.

9 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Not what I meant. What I’m saying is I can’t imagine her having an affair with Whoever was helpful, with the voters, back in California to her political career. So, what I’m saying is this story looks like she’s earned her place as opposed to sleepy her way to the top (if she was appointed AG for the state by a governor she was having an affair with that would be 180 degrees opposite as a for example). 

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thanks for the responses. 
I was telling my wife that I am so glad it’s not Hillary that will be the first woman president bc, as father of daughters, the idea of “you can be anything you want to be” is seriously curtailed by- provided you marry the right guy, stick with him through infidelities and trade on his name recognition. 
Good for her for something pretty historically significant (first woman as a member of a winning national ticket). 
I would imagine she also becomes first woman president either through taking over for Joe or having the inside track in 2024 in her own right. 

Just want to point out that Hillary was accomplished and well-known in her own right, no matter what you think of her personally....I disagree that she's a poor example for your daughters in that particular regard.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

when the lone attack is that he's a demented, declined old gaffe-machine hiding in the basement, a long, coherent speech is the perfect response.

joe already has the whole half-chuckle "is this guy serious" face down cold when mentioning trump's garbage.  he'll need it in the debates.  hillary engaged him on his nonsense.  joe needs to look at the audience and say "give me a fucking break with your bullshit." (paraphrasing)

Kit Kat should sponser a "Gimme a break" ad campaign. Is Nell Carter available?

I watched it a second time and my opinion softened a bit. But I still got impatient. 

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Re: generational talk earlier - gen x, explain yourselves.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1293416979202801665

The most amazing thing about that is trump losing tons of support from the olds. That’s what killing them off will do though.

The young baby boomers aren’t getting killed,off, are far numerous, and also are the biggest idiots. Not fair to lump generation X with that crap.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Just want to point out that Hillary was accomplished and well-known in her own right, no matter what you think of her personally....I disagree that she's a poor example for your daughters in that particular regard.

All of her political stuff came from her time as flotus. Is she Ma Ferguson?  No. Would she have been the presidential nominee without that?  I don’t think so. Harris has zero baggage of that kind along for the ride with her. That’s awesome. And aspirational. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you drunk?

His point is that she didn't hold elective or appointed office until after the Clinton presidency.  She was very much a trailing spouse prior to that.  One might even argue a chronic underachiever for a Yale Law grad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

His point is that she didn't hold elective or appointed office until after the Clinton presidency.  She was very much a trailing spouse prior to that.  One might even argue a chronic underachiever for a Yale Law grad.

What the fuck?  From her wikipedia page:

After serving as a congressional legal counsel, she moved to Arkansas and married future president Bill Clinton in 1975; the two had met at Yale. In 1977, she co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families. She was appointed the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation in 1978, and became the first female partner at Little Rock's Rose Law Firm the following year. The National Law Journal twice listed her as one of the hundred most influential lawyers in America.

What would make someone an average achiever for a Yale Law grad?  

Hell, at the time she entered Yale Law, it was the second year Yale undergrad was even coed.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

While there’s a few Hilary mentions. 

do you guys think she would be a good debate practice partner for Biden?

i guess she’s the only person out there whose debated the orange idiot 1 on 1.

No.  There's no winning a debate with a moron, who can't talk in coherent sentences, and lies every time he opens his mouth.  The key will be to not debate him in the traditional sense, but to respond with "That's nonsense.  Here's what I would do."  There's no actual back and forth on policy to be had.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile......

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN2582T3

Trump is on the move. I guess he’s actually going to have nuremberg rallies in those states next week?  This guy really can’t stand not being the center of attention. If he really does travel to all of those places, I hope more people in his campaign come down with the corona virus. 

it’s very irresponsible to be having events right now with the current state of the pandemic. Trump is a selfish asshole.

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's a stupid point.  When she ran for POTUS she had held the offices of Senator and Secretary of State.  Stop trying to carry the water of morons.

• Hook 'Em 1

No.  There's no winning a debate with a moron, who can't talk in coherent sentences, and lies every time he opens his mouth.  The key will be to not debate him in the traditional sense, but to respond with "That's nonsense.  Here's what I would do."  There's no actual back and forth on policy to be had.
This. The post upthread suggesting Biden just laugh at him is the appropriate strategy.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes. That is exactly the point. Anyone who doesn’t get that point is trying willfully to be dense. It shouldn’t even be the slightest bit controversial.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you drunk?

No. You are obtuse.  Hillary Clinton, like every Kennedy, like every Bush, like John Quincy Adams, was propelled to the platform she had because of familial relationships (hers being marriage instead of blood). 
Kamala Harris was propelled into the spotlight by herself. 
I can point to her, when I talk with my daughters, and say look at that, you can be whatever you want to be. On your own. Without drafting in the wake of your husband. And that’s awesome as the father of two daughters to be able to point to them as example. . 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

All of her political stuff came from her time as flotus. Is she Ma Ferguson?  No. Would she have been the presidential nominee without that?  I don’t think so. Harris has zero baggage of that kind along for the ride with her. That’s awesome. And aspirational. 

Here's what I'll saw about that:

Who is Angela Merkel's husband?

Who is Jacinda Arden's husband?

Who was Benazir Bhutto's husband?

Who was Margaret Thatcher's husband?

Ok--maybe you got those last two.  But only because Denis Thatcher was delightful, and because Asif Ali Zardari was elected President of Pakistan a year after Bhutto's assassination.

The point being that the first women to hold the premierships of Germany, the UK and New Zealand and the presidency of Pakistan did so in their own right.  They didn't get there by Ma Fergusoning that shit.

Sorry, but without being married to Bill, Hillary would never have been a senator representing New York; she never would have been SecState.  She would've been a reasonably successful lawyer in private practice.  Nothing wrong with that.  But it's not POTUS.

Edited by Ghost of LL
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. You are obtuse.  Hillary Clinton, like every Kennedy, like every Bush, like John Quincy Adams, was propelled to the platform she had because of familial relationships (hers being marriage instead of blood). 
Kamala Harris was propelled into the spotlight by herself. 
I can point to her, when I talk with my daughters, and say look at that, you can be whatever you want to be. On your own. Without drafting in the wake of your husband. And that’s awesome as the father of two daughters to be able to point to them as example. . 

Meanwhile over in the Senate thread

h/t @Hank Kingsley

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Here's what I'll saw about that:

Who is Angela Merkel's husband?

Who is Jacinda Arden's husband?

Who was Benazir Bhutto's husband?

Who was Margaret Thatcher's husband?

Ok--maybe you got those last two.  But only because Denis Thatcher was delightful, and because Asif Ali Zardari was elected President of Pakistan 12 years after Bhutto's assassination.

The point being that the first women to hold the premierships of Germany, the UK and New Zealand and the presidency of Pakistan did so in their own right.  They didn't get there by Ma Fergusoning that shit.

Sorry, but without being married to Bill, Hillary would never have been a senator representing New York; she never would have been SecState.  She would've been a reasonably successful lawyer in private practice.  Nothing wrong with that.  But it's not POTUS.

Ding ding ding. Thank you. That’s hardly a controversial point. Anyone not understanding that is trying really hard to not understand that. 

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ridiculous.  Your chauvinism is as blatant as your general faux apathy.  Hillary Clinton was a bulldog from her HS days and if you think she had to ride Bill's coattails to get where she got, then you just bought into the false narrative.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

The implication from your post is that he propelled her. I admit to being ignorant in that regard but find the implication at first notice to be distasteful. Maybe you could elucidate. 

Maybe it is just a comment on his SF Chronicle editorial Jimmy. 

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Primary. It's not going well for a Kennedy. Having a name that someone else had is no guarantee. There are no self made humans. Everyone gets some help. Ross Perot got a loan from his secretary. Whee. 

George W bish was elected president and Jeb Bush wasn’t. That doesn’t make W a stand in for Horatio Alger any more than it makes Hillary the ideal example of women can accomplish anything on their own and don’t have to marry well in order to get to where they want to be.  

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Wonder if the men complaining about Hillary riding her husband's coattails ever bitched about how W was an underachiever. Or JFK.  Or FDR.

Yeah, I wonder. 

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

• Like 1

Dude. You are better than this. This is really stupid. 

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ridiculous.  Your chauvinism is as blatant as your general faux apathy.  Hillary Clinton was a bulldog from her HS days and if you think she had to ride Bill's coattails to get where she got, then you just bought into the false narrative.

Go read Ghosts post again. Tell him he’s a moron or a chauvinist or ridiculous. It’s objective fact dude. Hillary was propelled to the position she was in by her association with Bill. Which I’ve pointed out a half dozen other examples of that being the case.  And I’m not even arguing that this should be disqualifying as I voted for W. And like him!  But as I said- I’m not holding him up as a stand in for Horatio Alger just like I’m not holding Hillary up as the exemplar of the idea that a woman can accomplish whatever she wants independent of a man. 
I welcome someone like Harris breaking through that glass ceiling. It’s not sexist. It’s literally the embodiment of the idea that a woman can accomplish whatever she wants in her own right without having to draft off her husbands, fame, notoriety or wealth. It’s awesome. I’d have said the same about Warren. Or Klubacher. Or Carly Fiarina. But not Elizabeth Dole.