2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

20% of self-identified Texas Republicans either disagree or strongly disagree with the statement that coronavirus is a major health threat. 

Theory: lots of those are rural voters who live where there are very few cases. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Glad that no one was seriously hurt, according to reports, with the Trump flotilla sinkings but I’m disappointed in the lack of video from the event. If wakes were swamping some boats, you have to figure there were some boats being tossed around. We need some qualified captain level videos.

There’s a video here.  Starts sinking at 1:00 but believe it really starts about 0:20 when the larger boat speeds by and they don’t correct for the wake.  ‘Dumbkirk’ was probably the best caption I saw 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Homercles said:

There’s a video here.  Starts sinking at 1:00 but believe it really starts about 0:20 when the larger boat speeds by and they don’t correct for the wake.  ‘Dumbkirk’ was probably the best caption I saw 

Fat, white, and trashy is no way to go through life.

18 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Mainly caused by being heavy upfront.

33 minutes ago, Homercles said:

My first reaction to this story was disbelief that multiple boats would sink on a lake even one with heavy wakes. Boats are designed to roll with the waves. Makes more sense if some small boats were overly front loaded.  The driver also seemed oblivious to the growing problem until the very last second.  Too busy woo hooing to the helicopters.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So boat owners here...does insurance cover this dipshittery? 

I’m not a boat insurance expert but I seriously doubt it. If the boat dock and boat catch on fire that’s probably covered. The boat sinking because you’re an idiot is probably not. 

Is it like homeowner's insurance, where falling water is covered...but rising water is not?  I mean, that Lake Travis water...watch out...it'll get ya'.  They'll get ya'.

I'm sure we're just a few hours away from myriad conspiracy theories about this could have happened.  

"I mean c'mon man...only Trumper boats were effected?  That's some George Soros level shit right there.  On a lake that big, with that many boats, and only a handful of boats in one small area were sunk?  All the boats that were socially distant from one another, they were unharmed.  But this large concentration of boats in one tiny area of the huge lake with all the crossed wakes, that's when they sink?"  

I still find it hilarious that once again, county officials stated this morning that no foul play was suspected.  Whew!  Although, I could post this:

"Black Lives Matter activists are not suspected in the sinking of at least 4 watercraft on Lake Travis yesterday."  

And half of Surly would think that was true for one reason.  And half of Surly would think that was true for another reason.  (I'll let y'all figure out the two reasons) 

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m not a boat insurance expert but I seriously doubt it. If the boat dock and boat catch on fire that’s probably covered. The boat sinking because you’re an idiot is probably not. 

i'm a boat insurance expert and honestly, i've never seen anything like this.  our offices are completely overwhelmed.

i'm not a boat insurance expert.

• Like 1

Okay, I think this could be funny if one of you experts takes it and runs with it.

You have the still-shot of Dr. Jeffrey Pelt, National Security Adviser (played by the great Richard Jordan) in "The Hunt for Red October" sitting across his large office from Donald Trump sitting on the sofa (in lieu of the Soviet Ambassador):  

Pelt is giving Trump a really condescending and disappointed look while removing his eyeglasses and says, "Donald, You've lost another parade boat?"  

40 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My first reaction to this story was disbelief that multiple boats would sink on a lake even one with heavy wakes. Boats are designed to roll with the waves. Makes more sense if some small boats were overly front loaded.  The driver also seemed oblivious to the growing problem until the very last second.  Too busy woo hooing to the helicopters.

One of the posts said one of the sinking boats was a pontoon boat.  How in the fuck do you sink a pontoon boat with waves??

20 minutes ago, thepop said:

Didn't someone like 50 pages back say New Mexico was in play? Good one.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:28 PM, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/amid-challenging-landscape-trump-campaign-aims-to-expand-the-2020-electoral-map

The orange baby is digging into his war chest now. Very deep into it. He’s including Ad buys in Minnesota, New Mexico, and Nevada. The orange baby also has a Nuremberg rally scheduled in New Hampshire this weekend.

I view it as a sign of weakness. I think they’re trying to expand the map because they are doing so terribly in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

at the same time, if you read the article, it concerns me a bit that Biden hasn’t fleshed out his campaign as much as trump. Biden needs to make ad reservations for the fall soon and get people on the ground in all these swing states that everyone except Trump thinks he’s leading in.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, Calihorn said:

What on Earth gives Republicans the idea they can compete in New Meico?

On 7/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, gmr548 said:

For a group that shames the media so much they really are lapping up their talking points.

Media likes to tease NM as competitive because Bush did well there 16-20 years ago. Even eeked it out in 04.

It isn't. Trump got 40 percent of the vote there in 2016. That's less than Hillary Clinton got in Texas. The R senate and governor campaigns in 2018 lost by 24 and 14 points, respectively, with 30 and 42 percent of the vote. It's a blue desert.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:31 PM, Calihorn said:

I went and looked at the state composition, and its really bad for Republicans. Republicans hold 0 federal seats from New Mexico, Democrats control the entire state executive branch, and Democrats have a supermajority in both state houses. New Mexico is a waste of money for Republicans.

It makes perfect sense why Trump is spending money there.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:42 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Do you guys really think with Nevada’s high unemployment rate and republicans chomping at the bit to end unemployment benefits by the end of July will help Trump in Nevada?  Give me a break.   He won’t come close in New Mexico, Nevada, or Minnesota.

This is the extent of that conversation. Fuck no Republicans cannot compete in New Mexico. Although, I do enjoy hearing about Republicans expanding the map and "competing" in New Mexico. 

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Another great comment: "I only like boats that float."

21 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

It's hilarious that mentally challenged trump supporters think Biden is going to get crushed in a debate. It's like they haven't watched him go in on people for 40 years. 

Trump relies on an audience cheering him on when he says crass things - insinuating penis sizes, people are weak or crooked. Unfortunately a lot of people lap that shit up. Have they announced the format of the debates yet? Will there be a limited audience, or an audience at all?

I hope Chris Wallace will tell Trump to STFU when it’s Biden’s turn to speak. Also tell Trump to stay behind his fucking podium instead of stalking Joe from behind.

Re earlier post about Trump pulling TV ads from swing states. I read an article on one of the more legit new sites which said that Trump is uploading a lot of content and buying a lot of time on YouTube. The man is not stupid when it comes to selling snake oil. Just hope the media platforms can fact check the ads and pull them for their lies and being regarded. 

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Cemetery where his son is buried.

"I hate to say it, but I like sons that don't die." - Trump, probably

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I checked the feed. Apparently was during the primaries or just prior.

Oh... damnit :(

Guess I should've figured without the masks. Hope is a dangerous thing.

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

Going from woooo to oh fuck fuck, we're sinking, just to own the libs. 

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Guess I should've figured without the masks. Hope is a dangerous thing.

Here is a quick interview he did with a NBC affiliate Miami station that aired today. His stutter is evident, but I see no other issue with respect to his delivery.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/biden-slams-trump-abject-failure-venezuela-well-cuba-policies-n1239356

2 hours ago, Calihorn said:

This is the extent of that conversation. Fuck no Republicans cannot compete in New Mexico. Although, I do enjoy hearing about Republicans expanding the map and "competing" in New Mexico. 

Th Torres-Small sear is competitive, but that’s because it’s so rural.  The state itself is not.

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Clearly some of you don't have family members that had issues with stuttering. It isn't a sign of mental degradation. It is just a life long ailment that takes training and dedication to battle. 

Yup. I have a very slight stutter. More so because my brain is trying to pick between multiple word options (like Terminator) and comes out weird. I’m sure ESL and my history of seizures didn’t help.

One of my friends from UT had a pretty bad stutter, and it took a lot not to finish his sentences. But giving him the opportunity, he could execute a “fuck you let’s drink” brilliantly  

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Yup. I have a very slight stutter. More so because my brain is trying to pick between multiple word options (like Terminator) and comes out weird. I’m sure ESL and my history of seizures didn’t help.

One of my friends from UT had a pretty bad stutter, and it took a lot not to finish his sentences. But giving him the opportunity, he could execute a “fuck you let’s drink” brilliantly  

Yes, I almost used the word 'impediment,' and technically it is but people are so much more than their physical corporeal selves. It is the soul and mind of Donald Trump that makes him a callous, vacuous, malevolent figure, not his obesity. Same with Biden: he should not be defined by his stutter. I believe in 'seeing' it, however, as it is a part of who he is. It is nothing of which to be ashamed.

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

That's why we were all calling out your selective video posting bt. Biden is old, we get that, he'll have good and bad days. But claiming he was some sort of slobbering dementia patient is far from the truth. 

BT says he’s gonna vote for Biden now so I’m taking back every bad thing i ever said about him.

The DNC / Biden-Harris campaign needs to bear down  HARD on getting people out to register and vote who have blown it off in the past.  I believe a substantial number of 2016 Trump voters were apathetic lifetime nonvoters who were somehow energized by the "As Seen on TV" candidate who talked trash like a Jerry Springer guest.  These are the fuckers who swung the rust belt for the Enemy of Enlightenment.  We must not let it happen again.  Don't let up on him for one second.

Not the greatest pic as we were walking the dog. Pinch in close to see the homemade "ignore his signs" with arrow pointing to the trumpkin neighbor with his "no more bullshit" flag.

The big twist? The guy on the right is a disabled vet & purple heart recipient. His neighbor is a jabroni with "special ops" decals on his jacked up truck (dude's 5'6" on a good day).

Cedar Park, Texas, y'all. 49b84447961f8872414f802871a78f32.jpg

• Hook 'Em 8