2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The right will be the super wealthy who want to keep it all and the uneducated who want their horrible insecurities to be normalized and given a sense of superiority where none is merited. 

It really is this simple (with the addition of "white" in front of "uneducated").  That's the coalition the GOP has chosen as its base.  It is now a rock-solid base.....but it's not enough to win national elections (in fact, the racist white nationalism they cultivate effectively precludes them from adding meaningfully to that coalition -- exclusion is more important than inclusion to their base).

So, knowing that, what is the GOP going to do?  Cheat like motherfuckers.  They knew what they were getting into when they went down this road, and they knew (and have seen firsthand) that their only shot at winning is a toxic stew of voter suppression, foreign interference and propaganda, and likely outright fraud (tampering with ballots, etc.).  And that's exactly what they will do.  Because they WANT to be a minority party that nonetheless holds power, by hook or by crook.  It's not more complicated than that.

I mean, Fozz is a piece of shit poster, and he can get fucked six-hundred and sixty six ways from sunday, but the point brought up is an interesting one for discussion. Things won't be the same after Trump, even if he loses, and the uneducated/poor/working class is now firmly in the bed of the Red Party. They touched on it in the discussion of the Kennedy whelp that just lost. The working class blue collar worker that the Kennedy's built their brand on and relied upon were now firmly Trump voters. And I don't see that changing anytime soon. 
Now, if you're referring to the party that actually DOES something for the workers, well, sure. But in terms of popularity that shift is in and I think it is permanent. It's not about the class, imo, at this point it's about education and resentment. It's the people who haven't gotten as far as they'd liked while others get rich, it's the people who see what little superiority they've felt they've had (white, male) become more and more marginalized through immigration, education of others, equal rights, women out of the home, etc. So they're voting to normalize all their personal insecurities. That now trumps a paycheck. There aren't groups of union guys heading down to the bar after work for a beer to normalize their viewpoints. They go home to Facebook and get more and more to the fringe. There aren't built in communities to keep an even keep and to promote a sense of ownership in class. It's just how you feel.
I think it makes sense to stop viewing the Republican party as something akin to a Class or mentality, like a working man's party, etc. It makes more sense to define the parties by an ethos, at this point. The right will be the super wealthy who want to keep it all and the uneducated who want their horrible insecurities to be normalized and given a sense of superiority where none is merited. 

Outstanding fucking post.

17 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I always laugh at pear shaped bodies

image.thumb.jpeg.bcd93b359cbcb54857f90aa1c70d5aa1.jpeg

Are these the 3 main stars of a Trump rally? I can see that some Trump fans might be ok hearing Patrick talk, but the other two? One is a semi-regular cable news contributor and the other is the fired Trump campaign mgr. Is the D Team? Maybe D+ with Patrick...

2 months from today, we'll awaken to the 1st day of Trump contesting election results or vigorously assuring us that the initial results are inviolate. 

I feel like a kid counting down the days to Christmas who knows that there's a 40% chance I'll find Santa took a dump in my stocking. 

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

Trump won 1/3 of the union vote in 2016. I’ve seen a handful of articles over the last year or so saying that a lot of that 1/3 realizes they were sold a can of shit and will be voting for Biden. 

I’m not sure how much I believe that, but it poses an interesting story line in the rust belt. 

I'm not a big Biden fan from a political perspective and I loathe the idea of a President his age but it's pretty tough to argue with thr idea that he's a genuine guy who cares about people and wants to do right by the country.

It may be sad that the bar is that low - in fact, it's pathetic and deeply embarrassing - but here we are. That alone is an infinite improvement. I don't know how one would need to see anything else.
  • Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

2 months from today, we'll awaken to the 1st day of Trump contesting election results or vigorously assuring us that the initial results are inviolate. 

I feel like a kid counting down the days to Christmas who knows that there's a 40% chance I'll find Santa took a dump in my stocking. 

Actually, I think what you'll see is him claiming an overwhelming victory and appealing for Biden to concede and to stop counting mail in ballots because "no point, I won."

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Actually, I think what you'll see is him claiming an overwhelming victory and appealing for Biden to concede and to stop counting mail in ballots because "no point, I won."

I think there's a greater than 50% chance of this, even if it's looking like a landslide for Biden.  He'll scream fake news and I don't know if I trust Fox to not go along with him.

I understand sympathizing with WWI conscripts who had no choice in the matter, but what's wrong with Trump calling McCain a loser?  He wasn't drafted and he committed God knows what atrocities against those poor people.  Honoring that bullshit would be like Germans memorializing veterans of the Condor Legion.  Imagine them getting pissed because someone dishonored the memory of some dipshit who crashed his plane outside of Guernica lmao.

Edited by Fozzz
  • Fuck You 51

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I understand sympathizing with WWI conscripts who had no choice in the matter, but what's wrong with Trump calling McCain a loser?  He wasn't drafted and he committed God knows what atrocities against those poor people.  Honoring that bullshit would be like Germans memorializing veterans of the Condor Legion.  Imagine them getting pissed because someone dishonored the memory of some dipshit who crashed his plane outside of Guernica lmao.

23.gif.b40521c3a068fae5b8a7f84d4c45e3ff.gif

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I understand sympathizing with WWI conscripts who had no choice in the matter, but what's wrong with Trump calling McCain a loser?  He wasn't drafted and he committed God knows what atrocities against those poor people.  Honoring that bullshit would be like Germans memorializing veterans of the Condor Legion.  

Trump calling McCain a loser for his politics is completely inbounds.  

Trump calling McCain a loser for getting captured and tortured is consistent with calling anyone who ever served, was a POW, or was tortured as a POW a loser.

This is what the lunkheads like you with your straw men attempt to do and it's so transparently dumb and dishonest, it's not even worth debating, so fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just now, SizzleChest said:

Trump calling McCain a loser for his politics is completely inbounds.  

Trump calling McCain a loser for getting captured and tortured is consistent with calling anyone who ever served, was a POW, or was tortured as a POW a loser.

This is what the lunkheads like you with your straw men attempt to do and it's so transparently dumb and dishonest, it's not even worth debating, so fuck off.

I think we should have at least the ability to have honest conversations about these matters without immediately retreating to the safe harbor of ideology.  I think it's clearly unhealthy for what bills itself as a Republic to be incapable of having those conversations and that inability provides cover for some truly awful things that the good people of our country would not otherwise stomach.  

• Fuck You 20

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I think we should have at least the ability to have honest conversations about these matters without immediately retreating to the safe harbor of ideology.  I think it's clearly unhealthy for what bills itself as a Republic to be incapable of having those conversations and that inability provides cover for some truly awful things that the good people of our country would not otherwise stomach.  

giphy.gif

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

what the fuck are you talking about?

29 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Honoring McCain is kind of like honoring Nazis when you think about it. - Very good poster. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Honoring McCain is kind of like honoring Nazis when you think about it. - Very good poster. 

I know it's not a perfect comparison as I'm sure as the Spanish nationalists surely had much broader support among the Spaniards than the "Republic of Vietnam" had among the Vietnamese.  

• Fuck You 10

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I know it's not a perfect comparison as I'm sure as the Spanish nationalists surely had much broader support among the Spaniards than the "Republic of Vietnam" had among the Vietnamese.  

You need to take a break. This shit is weak, even for you. 

• Hook 'Em 1