2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

53 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Poll shows Biden up +5 in TX, surly calls it total bullshit. Poll shows dotard pulls even in AZ, surly says we’re fucking doomed. 

Yeah, it's bizarre. Absent something totally and completely game changing I can't imagine this isn't decimation for Trump/GOP.  It's funny to watch people wet their pants irrationally over this. It's over unless Trump himself cures Covid (and maybe cancer) or Biden stips down butt naked on stage while babbling incoherently or shouting out racial slurs.  Even under those scenarios I think I'd take dem and lay the points.  

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

that is sort of interesting though.  i thought it was just OAN nonsense.  this explanation at least suggests it is possible to get positive polls for trump when you are trying honestly, even if they are outliers

i disagree, if anything it confirms that OANN is deliberately paying for Trump-friendly results and was tossing surveys that didn't come back to their satisfaction. One of the ones tossed was a tie in FL. They clearly were hoping for at least Trump +3.  

It doesn't do anything to explain why their polls for other clients vary so widely from their OANN results.

Barring a breakout of war or major Covid development, things appear to coming into focus.  Biden wins, with FL and NC determining if it’s a landslide or not.  Trump’s path to winning includes not only winning swing states FL, AZ, and NC but also flipping one of the recent leans-blue states (PA, WI, MN, or MI).  Sadly I don’t see any kind of Reagan-Mondale outcome as possible for Biden.  But a 320+ delegate total while marking Texas and Georgia as swing states moving forward is a pretty good outcome.

37 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

i disagree, if anything it confirms that OANN is deliberately paying for Trump-friendly results and was tossing surveys that didn't come back to their satisfaction. One of the ones tossed was a tie in FL. They clearly were hoping for at least Trump +3.  

It doesn't do anything to explain why their polls for other clients vary so widely from their OANN results.

yeah, that could be it.  if you believe gravis, they say they are just doing a lot of polls and OAN is sorting through the results to get the ones they want.  if you don't believe them, they could be putting their finger on a scale.  fwiw, 538 gives them a C, with a .9 D lean

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

yeah, that could be it.  if you believe gravis, they say they are just doing a lot of polls and OAN is sorting through the results to get the ones they want.  if you don't believe them, they could be putting their finger on a scale.  fwiw, 538 gives them a C, with a .9 D lean

OAN had Gravis poll Georgia and it came out Trump +3: https://www.scribd.com/document/468898889/Oann-Gravis-Georgia. That's within the margin of error (+/- 4.3). Don't know if OAN reported it or not - I don't follow that network.

Gravis' most recent Florida poll was Biden +10 also with a MOE of 4.3.

Biden is proposing some very progressive policy plans. Getting the thumbs up from Inslee is a big deal. 

Really makes all the "Joe is a Republican!" arguments from the left look silly. So far Biden is doing a fantastic job listening to the base and adjusting his policy for the better. 

• Like 3

I mean, Gravis' AZ poll for OANN that ended up Trump +4 was based on a sample whose self-reported 2016 votes were Trump +14 (47/33) vs. actual result of Trump +3.5 (48.1/44.6).

Also: 48% very or somewhat conservative, 36% moderate, 16% very or somewhat liberal.

Although they state their results are "weighted by voting demographics," they don't provide any raw data.

That looks awfully like a poll intended to achieve a certain result for the party paying for it.

Edited by Storm the Field

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Biden is proposing some very progressive policy plans. Getting the thumbs up from Inslee is a big deal. 

Really makes all the "Joe is a Republican!" arguments from the left look silly. So far Biden is doing a fantastic job listening to the base and adjusting his policy for the better. 

Fuck yeah Sleepy! 

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I fucking hate this guy! What kind of POS tries to save the "environment". 

I'm probably going to write in Bernie. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yep, and this is one of my biggest issues.  Pretty happy with what I've seen and heard from Joe so far.

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ideas and policies tend to be viewed as less radical when presented in a non-threatening way.  Tone matters, especially after dealing with the loudmouth dumbfuck currently in charge. 

Absolutely.  Biden did a very good job in framing his plan with leading with jobs it would create and replenishing and rebuilding our infrastructure but in a better way.  It was done well.  I'm sure now folks will start to slice and dice the plan into bit size criticisms (some valid, other not), but as a roll out, he did well.

Happy to see the Sunrise Movement have an overall positive thread on Biden's climate plan. 

I hope progressives/leftists now understand that Biden is CLEARLY the better choice in November and they better run to the polls to vote for him. The only way we get real change right now is by presenting it in a palatable way to ALL Americans, and Joe might be the perfect vessel at this point in time. 

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Haha.

I remember Gravis from 2018. They’re an awful poster. Their decision to team up with OAN will hurt their credibility for sure. OAN is run by a group of angry Californians who suck Trumps mushroom cock as much as humanly possible.

Biden is now even running to the left of Bernie on an issue. 

Solid climate plan. At least entertaining the idea of abolishing the filibuster. Bringing in Bernie and AOC on to his task forces. Working with Warren, Buttigieg, Harris, Beto, Klobuchar, etc. and hiring their top staffers. 

This is some good shit right now. Credit where credit is due. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I hope progressives/leftists now understand that Biden is CLEARLY the better choice in November and they better run to the polls to vote for him. The only way we get real change right now is by presenting it in a palatable way to ALL Americans, and Joe might be the perfect vessel at this point in time. 

Biden could promise single payer healthcare and it wouldn’t move the needle with whoever you’re talking about.  You’re asking people that have been repeatedly lied to about this stuff to all of a sudden trust Biden with big progressive policy?  Biden’s actions speak louder than words. 

Don’t get me wrong, Biden is doing the good thing by advocating for these ideas but demanding the activists take this stuff to the bank is a tall order. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Biden is now even running to the left of Bernie on an issue. 

Solid climate plan. At least entertaining the idea of abolishing the filibuster. Bringing in Bernie and AOC on to his task forces. Working with Warren, Buttigieg, Harris, Beto, Klobuchar, etc. and hiring their top staffers. 

This is some good shit right now. Credit where credit is due. 

Bernie defending the filibuster was among the dumbest of his positions. 

22 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Absolutely.  Biden did a very good job in framing his plan with leading with jobs it would create...

so i guess when ivanka proposed people seeking jobs "find something new" she really meant they should vote for biden.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Biden could promise single payer healthcare and it wouldn’t move the needle with whoever you’re talking about.  You’re asking people that have been repeatedly lied to about this stuff to all of a sudden trust Biden with big progressive policy?  Biden’s actions speak louder than words. 

Don’t get me wrong, Biden is doing the good thing by advocating for these ideas but demanding the activists take this stuff to the bank is a tall order. 

Activists will need to continue to push, obviously. But Biden is malleable and with a little wink he's showing that he will move left, and that should be enough reason for them to run to the polls and vote for Joe over Trump. If progressives and leftists are missing the signals, that's their own damn fault. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Activists will need to continue to push, obviously. But Biden is malleable and with a little wink he's showing that he will move left, and that should be enough reason for them to run to the polls and vote for Joe over Trump. If progressives and leftists are missing the signals, that's their own damn fault. 

Your perception/portrayal of progressives and leftists isn’t aligned with what I see.  Most progressives are on board with Biden. They aren’t enthusiastic about it but they’re going to easily vote for Biden without regrets.

There’s a very small faction of leftist Bros that are anti-Biden in this cycle and will sit out or vote for Trump b/c they argue the faster this system collapses, the more likely for a “revolutionary change” around the corner.  I don’t agree with them but that’s their position.

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

But Biden is malleable and with a little wink he's showing that he will move left, and that should be enough reason for them to run to the polls and vote for Joe over Trump. If progressives and leftists are missing the signals, that's their own damn fault. 

I've been having this conversation for weeks in the "bad_teammate Bitches About Biden" thread. It's been pretty clear since April that he was going to run on a broader progressive platform. 

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Seriously, it's fucking insane that he's going to come into play in Florida.  What the fuck?  

If Kanye runs as a Republican, some people I know might vote for him.

I was in a FB discussion (yes, I'm dumb) with a former pastor, who said the people who oppose bunker boy with "dishonesty and contempt for other."  I nearly died laughing. The majority of people responding to his initial comment believe Trump is the chosen one and/or are single-issue voters (abortion). They actually believe Trump is pro-life, and vowed to vote straight Republican because the Democrats are "literally" supporting killing babies.

I gave up after they started questioning where I got my facts (AP, Reuters) because they have their own set of alternative facts. Florida man... Florida.

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Seriously, it's fucking insane that he's going to come into play in Florida.  What the fuck?  

If Kanye runs as a Republican, some people I know might vote for him.

I was in a FB discussion (yes, I'm dumb) with a former pastor, who said the people who oppose bunker boy with "dishonesty and contempt for other."  I nearly died laughing. The majority of people responding to his initial comment believe Trump is the chosen one and/or are single-issue voters (abortion). They actually believe Trump is pro-life, and vowed to vote straight Republican because the Democrats are "literally" supporting killing babies.

I gave up after they started questioning where I got my facts (AP, Reuters) because they have their own set of alternative facts. Florida man... Florida.

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Looks like the a Trump press conference is about a vaccine. Looks like we have a real contender. 

Hard to see this changing things before November. But Trump will take all kinds of credit. 

If Trump is pushing it, it's probably Chinese sourced glucose with trace elements of heavy metals. 

• Like 2

Looks like the a Trump press conference is about a vaccine. Looks like we have a real contender. 

Hard to see this changing things before November. But Trump will take all kinds of credit. 

If Donald Trump says we have a promising vaccine, we're stuck with COVID until 2025

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

200.gif

Maybe not...... Maybe he just wanted another campaign speech on TV for free.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

BTW Gravis did a Texas poll for OAN. 

Trump +2

OAN headline: "TRUMP CARRIES MOMENTUM IN KEY STATES GEORGIA AND TEXAS"

Talk about polishing a turd.

OAN is a shithole TV station with unqualified crappy reporters who ask Trump softball questions. The channel is hoping that they can somehow become relevant by sucking up to trump.

I really hope OAN fades into obscurity if trump loses this fall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

I am fond of the RVAT ads. Especially this one. Run it on Fox every day for the next 3 months. 

i am not a religious man, nor am i a republican.

but i really hope these religious republicans are spreading the word like only religious republicans can.

• Like 2