2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

18 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

Have you seen a poll where Trump is underwater with whites generally? I haven't. Don't sugarcoat this turd.

Look, I know where Trump's support lies. But Jamele is pushing an agenda here. 

Black and Hispanic voters have always tilted towards the Democrats. There's nothing new here. 

What is important is that Trump has lost significant support amongst suburban whites and by a YUGE and BIGLY margin. 

That's clearly not indicated in the tweet and you know why. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

So what is wrong with that poll and its numbers?

I think the thing is the implication that whites are the only ones that vote based on tribal race alignment.  If 1/3 of voters of every race were only in it for race alignment issues, and 2/3rds were thinking folks, you would probably have pretty much the same percentages.  1/3 of whites are going to vote R no matter what, and the other 2/3's came out overwhelmingly D in the above chart.  The same is true with the other races, except for hispanic and black, the tribal element goes D.   So you start with 1/3 hispanics are going to vote D because of tribal stuff, and the remaining split D about 3-2. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Seeing reports that noted progressive John Kasich is expected to speak at the DNC. 

Libs are flipping out about this but it’s not a big deal.  As long as Kasich is kept away from influencing policy or the platform, I don’t GAF about him giving a pro-Biden speech at the DNC. The goal is clearly to flip Ohio blue. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is just liberals being fucking stupid. They'll suck off the Lincoln Project, but this is a bridge too far? Because it's public? Fuck that.

We’re talking about a very small number of people making a stink about this.  However, to them, making a stink about it is strategic in order to not normalize Republicans.  There is no “dems in disarray” narrative here. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is just liberals being fucking stupid. They'll suck off the Lincoln Project, but this is a bridge too far? Because it's public? Fuck that.

Get that guy on stage and give a message about how his party has lost it's way, and that America needs to come together to preserve democracy. And don't be a whiny little bitch about it. He's not going to sit there and debate policy. He's going to say go vote Blue and get off the stage. So many democrats need fucking Tampons. It's not time to whine about your ideals, it's time to fucking WIN. 

Do we even know that liberals are actually mad? Consider the source is Hugo ergo "liberals are mad" probably means he read one person's comment 800 posts down in the Twitter replies and now thinks all liberals are in shambles.

Maybe Biden will make him VP instead of Liz.

Edited by BradInATX

17 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Do we even know that liberals are actually mad? Consider the source is Hugo ergo "liberals are mad" probably means he read one person's comment 800 posts down in the Twitter replies and now thinks all liberals are in shambles.

Maybe Biden will make him VP instead of Liz.

I mean, I googled and there were already linked articles about the outrage. So even if there's one, I imagine people are grumbling for real.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/07/democrats-protest-giving-ex-ohio-gov-john-kasich-a-dnc-speaking-slot.html

figure trump's "base" is really only about 25-30% of voters.

that leaves a really big pie piece that isn't loyal to him, and is looking for an alternative.  that ~70% includes progressives, liberals, moderates, centrists, and never-trumper pubs.  the policy seems to be coming more from the left, judging from his partnerships (and it might as well be, because trump will act like it is regardless), so it makes sense to have some spokespeople who can speak to the center/center-right as well.  the fact that he's from ohio is a bonus.

this isn't about outsiders coming in and co-opting the party.  this is about winning, and winning big.

• Like 2

That commercial is actually the first potentially effective thing Trump has done in awhile. That commercial is just stupid and ridiculous enough to work on some of the boomers he's lost over Covid. It reminds me of those Life Alert commercials from back in the day.

Help, I've fallen into a vortex of xenophobia and disdain for my fellow human and I can't get up!

• Like 1

I'd vote for a Biden - Kasich ticket in a heartbeat and I'm a pinko commie bastard. Only one thing matters.
I would, because you have to, but some milquetoast fake unity ticket bullshit would be really underwhelming. It also doesn't really play with where they've taken the campaign.

In a typical year, I would love the dem nominee to put a republican on the ticket if the person is willing to go along with most dem ideals. Maybe even agree to disagree from time to time. It would probably do more to get people to actually talk to each other instead of seeing the other side as evil.

BUT, this is not a typical year and we don’t have a typical president. We have the most sadistic president in US history and a Republican Party that is complicit. You crush them so that it will serve as a long term reminder of what going down the third world dictator path will do to your party. Much of their party will be looking for the next trump to lead them. We need enough of them to remember how they lost elections far and wide and vow to never make that mistake again.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

In a typical year, I would love the dem nominee to put a republican on the ticket if the person is willing to go along with most dem ideals. Maybe even agree to disagree from time to time. It would probably do more to get people to actually talk to each other instead of seeing the other side as evil.

BUT, this is not a typical year and we don’t have a typical president. We have the most sadistic president in US history and a Republican Party that is complicit. You crush them so that it will serve as a long term reminder of what going down the third world dictator path will do to your party. Much of their party will be looking for the next trump to lead them. We need enough of them to remember how they lost elections far and wide and vow to never make that mistake again.

This is why winning the WH and Senate isn't enough. I want minimum 350 EVs, at least one of Graham/Moscow Mitch's heads, and at least one of Texas, Georgia or Ohio. 

• Like 4

I don’t have a link, but Trump is trailing in some very important states in Trumps favorite pollster.

rasmussen has Biden leading trump 51-46 in Pennsylvania 

rasmussen also has Biden leading Trump 50-46 in Ohio.

whats notable about both is the pollster ( they always skew in favor of the GOP) and that Biden is over 50 in these states.

I seem to recall that Clinton wasn’t breaking over 50 barely anywhere in 2016.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

I don’t have a link, but Trump is trailing in some very important states in Trumps favorite pollster.

whats notable about both is the pollster ( they always skew in favor of the GOP) and that Biden is over 50 in these states.

In light of the PA governor's comments yesterday (regarding DHS), this could get suspenseful. Although I wasn't aware that Philly or Pittsburgh were on Chad Wolf's tour.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Here's the latest RCP numbers for Pennsylvania: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/pa/pennsylvania_trump_vs_biden-6861.html

Rasmussen has a "mean reverted bias" of R +1.5 - meaning that their sampling methodology results in a slight R tilt. Keep in mind that doesn't mean anything other than how they sample - many quality pollsters have numbers like that one way or another. Fox News/Beacon has a D +1.4 and is considered one of the best polling outfits.

Hillabeast hit 50 in one poll at this time in 2016, but that was a Monmouth poll with a MOE +/- 5 points which is awful and shouldn't have been published. 

Edited by The Dog

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

LOL, Rasmussen is trash. They have Trump at 49% approval today and national race neck and neck at Biden +2 (47/45). 

Their national poll has Biden +11 with Independents but it's a real close race b/c Biden can only get 74% from his own party. Apparently 1/4 of Dems are really on the fence.

Edited by Storm the Field

As someone who wants Trump out, I'm skeptical of the polls until I see Trump lose. There are more people than you think that feel ashamed to publicly support Trump but let's see how they vote when no one is looking. In their minds, they will create the justification and feel good about their choice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1