Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

To me, it sounded a bit like Fox is thinking about turning on him.  This was put out there to test their viewership's responses. 

Sinclair is flanking them to the right, so they're probably trying to find their new sweet spot.

17 hours ago, Antidean said:

It would be funny if the press corp decided to just stop going to the briefings. What's the point anymore.

I've long maintained that no one...not a single news entity...should carry these fucking things live.  They should be tape delayed and fact checked, and all the bullshit should pop up on the screen like Pop Up Video.

I don't for a minute think they'd quit lying, but the presentation would at least be entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

80,000 people are expected to show up for this Dallas NRA event.

Ted Cruz has to be attending this klan rally.

Yep Ted Cruz is confirmed and that 80K number is for the whole weekend convention.

Political Speakers info in link 12PM-3PM today.

https://www.nraam.org/events/2018-events/friday-may-4/nra-ila-leadership-forum/

Total word salad as he fielded questions before leaving 

Did you know about the Stormy payment?

Go read what I said...

You said "No"

Excuse me go read what I said

You said "No"

Excuse me, excuse me ... Rudy's a great guy, everyone knows it's a total witch hunt, unemployment below 4%, Rudy's learning the facts blah blah blah

Edited by retread

47 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Just in case we forget that it's a WITCH HUNT

The underlying report would have been destroyed by Republicans under Obama. Increasing # of people leaving workforce and minimal wage growth.

Also, even though I realize that we aren't supposed to see gains on the tax cut for a while, we are spending a lot to get jobs created. We can't be at 164,000 a month if we are spending trillions for it.

Having said that, I liked the slow and steady pace under Obama and I like it now. I just rather not have the deficits to accompany that pace.

He's trying to thread the needle on the Stormy thing, but it just doesn't make sense.  He admits that he knew of the allegations and that Cohen was handling it for him.  He admits that Cohen paid her and that he reimbursed Cohen.  He admits there was a binding settlement agreement in which Stormy agreed not to talk.  But he's gone all in on claiming that he didn't know Cohen paid her or that he repaid Cohen.  Well, if that's true, what did he think the terms of the settlement agreement were?  What did he think Stormy got for her silence? 

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

He's trying to thread the needle on the Stormy thing, but it just doesn't make sense.  He admits that he knew of the allegations and that Cohen was handling it for him.  He admits that Cohen paid her and that he reimbursed Cohen.  He admits there was a binding settlement agreement in which Stormy agreed not to talk.  But he's gone all in on claiming that he didn't know Cohen paid her or that he repaid Cohen.  Well, if that's true, what did he think the terms of the settlement agreement were?  What did he think Stormy got for her silence? 

And why didn't he sign the NDA?

10 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

The underlying report would have been destroyed by Republicans under Obama. Increasing # of people leaving workforce and minimal wage growth.

Also, even though I realize that we aren't supposed to see gains on the tax cut for a while, we are spending a lot to get jobs created. We can't be at 164,000 a month if we are spending trillions for it.

Having said that, I liked the slow and steady pace under Obama and I like it now. I just rather not have the deficits to accompany that pace.

Gas prices are currently at a three year high... there went the tax cut to the average family 

• Like 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Gas prices are currently at a three year high... there went the tax cut to the average family 

Wasn't there a recent post about how we're now oil independent and drilling a ton?   Why aren't we getting lower gas prices? 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Actually the tax cut to the average family was never there. Their entire argument is that the tax cuts to corporations and wealthy would led to higher wages in the future, which we can't currently disprove unless you look at every economic report ever from the past. It will go to stock buybacks for at least the short term.

If I were the average family, I would be calculating take home pay and future tax burden to make sure they aren't fucked next year.

Edited by Dr. Teeth

19 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Good, they need to learn that elections have consequences

indeed.  most of my life i've hoped for a situation that would expose the gop for its true objectives.  one outcome we are already seeing in this debacle is a lot of people waking up.  some are beyond hope, and we must move on and isolate them to whatever extent we can.  rebuild with the people whose eyes can see and ears can hear.

He also has help in it. We are going to hear 3.9% all weekend long from every news org. He spreads it the way the news can easily disseminate it and how people consume it. He wins not because he is piece of shit but because we eat the shit sandwich that the cook makes for us.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Well fuck. Traffic is gonna be a bitch downtown today. 

No shit.  I'm already counting down the hours until I can get the fuck out from under whatever bullshit is going to be clogging up downtown today.  

Donald the dove. 

resident Trump has ordered the Pentagon to prepare options for drawing down American troops in South Korea, just weeks before he holds a landmark meeting with North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, according to several people briefed on the deliberations.

Reduced troop levels are not intended to be a bargaining chip in Mr. Trump’s talks with Mr. Kim about his weapons program, these officials said. But they acknowledged that a peace treaty between the two Koreas could diminish the need for the 28,500 soldiers currently stationed on the peninsula.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/world/asia/trump-troops-south-korea.html

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's a semi-automatic rifle, not a "machine gun", Ted. 

Yeah, when this came out, that cracked my ass up.

Well, that and the fact that a prissy pantywaist like Ted has clearly never spent much time around firearms until he decided to suck up to the gun nuts.  Real man of the people, that Ted Cruz.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, when this came out, that cracked my ass up.

Well, that and the fact that a prissy pantywaist like Ted has clearly never spent much time around firearms until he decided to suck up to the gun nuts.  Real man of the people, that Ted Cruz.

There is a 99.5% chance that Ted Cruz was picked last for every sport in P.E. when he was in elementary school.

On the last episode of Vice, they interviewed Grant Stinchfield who is on NRA TV.  He proudly showed off his gun safe and gun "collection" which consisted of one AR and one Glock in the safe and another pistol that he carried around on his hip.  I don't understand how people are blind to fake assholes like that.  The only reason he gives a shit about owning guns is because the NRA pays him to.  I owned more guns than he does before I started High School.  He was also so disingenuous while answering questions that I wanted to puke.  He wouldn't accept it as a fact that there are more mass shootings now than 20 years ago because he wasn't around back then to know for sure.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Another weak jobs report. The White House will focus on the unemployment rate that fell to 3.9% because of people leaving the workforce.

#MAGA

Which is exactly what the GOP used to say when a low unemployment number came out under Obama. Now it's because of what Trump is doing. I believe that's the definition of hypocrisy.  And yes the Dems are just as bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Which is exactly what the GOP used to say when a low unemployment number came out under Obama. Now it's because of what Trump is doing. I believe that's the definition of hypocrisy.  And yes the Dems are just as bad. 

I haven't seen any Dems deny that the numbers are what they are. Wouldn't they have to do that in order to be "just as bad?"

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Good, they need to learn that elections have consequences

So when can we expect to start buying cheap farms from Trump supporters having problems making their payments?

I've got plans for a bass pond, well more of a small lake, and I’ve thought about them for years. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

So when can we expect to start buying cheap farms from Trump supporters having problems making their payments?

I've got plans for a bass pond, well more of a small lake, and I’ve thought about them for years. 

You'll have to fight Hannity for it. 

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Got a pool and a pond, pond would be good for you.