Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

53 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

The idea that Christian conservatives are against helping those in need is absurd. There are studies that have shown that conservatives give more to charity than liberals. There are other studies that re-swizzle the numbers and nerf their contributions to their churches, but even still they drive just as much charitable giving to the needy.

What they don’t like is the federal government dictating how that giving should happen. I can’t really argue with that.

They give more to their church.  You think a tithe to Lakewood really counts as 100% charity just because you write it down that way on your taxes?  I've never seen church contributions nerfed.

It doesn't matter much though when conservatives drive the needy out of their communities leaving them for liberal communities to care for.  Maybe your soup kitchen donations make you feel better about working hard to zone poor kids out of your local public school.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

The idea that Christian conservatives are against helping those in need is absurd. There are studies that have shown that conservatives give more to charity than liberals. There are other studies that re-swizzle the numbers and nerf their contributions to their churches, but even still they drive just as much charitable giving to the needy.

What they don’t like is the federal government dictating how that giving should happen. I can’t really argue with that.

s-MEDICARE-large.jpg

Reelection watch.

Just did a state by state net favorable for Trump.  Typically Rs are more reliable to show up at  the polls than Ds, but I’m certain enthusiasm will be for the Ds.  Call turnout a wash for simplicity’s sake.  With that he has 229 electoral votes right now, giving him FL and AZ where he has a net of 0.  Taking those away he is at 189.  

My my guess that anything he’s up by 8 or more now he cannot lose under any scenario.  In other words, if they still like him at this point , they’ll never dislike him.  But that is only 88.  

There are 208 electoral votes between -8 and +8. 141 of those are between 0 and +8. 

My gut tells me the states he’s slightly positive on are safer for him to keep than the negative ones are safer for him to lose. 

It it looks like he has to win everything he’s -6 and above at to be re-elected, which is 5 negative states and two 0s.  

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Yeah, they'll take the money anyway.  Mind you, 2010.

"When President George W. Bush authorized federally-funded partnerships between the government and faith-based groups nearly a decade ago, he opened a new chapter in the debate over separation of church and state."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-executive-order-faith-based-initiative-church/story?id=12180146

6 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Or Carnegie Mellon University or Stanford University.  Or for that matter any number of hospitals, libraries, and parks.

When was the last time you heard of that kind of philanthropy?

And no--paying the difference between a utilitarian TXDOT-funded bridge over the Trinity River and one designed by an overrated Spaniard doesn't count.

Perot Museum in Dallas. It's the only top tier Natural History Museum in the entire state of Texas and it's something the state doesn't apparently find important enough to fund on their own. We should have a large Natural History Museum in Austin, but we don't, so good for H. Ross for getting us at least one in the state.

Your point stands though, it's exceptionally rare now. 

Edited by Pods

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Or literally any other Nikolett on planet earth?

Yeah, it’s possible.

So you remember the playmate Cohen settled up with for $1.6 million...on behalf of Elliott Broidy? 

This is her. Miss November 2010.

120799-shera-bechard.jpg

Kinda looks like Ivanka.

6 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

And I remember the Reagan years vividly, and "America Fuck Yeah" really came into fashion then, after the hostage fiasco. 

I was in elementary school in 1980, and I remember a kid wearing a t-shirt to school with Mickey Mouse flipping the bird on it and captioned "Here's to you, Iran!". I don't remember him being sent home to change.

42 minutes ago, 5 5 said:

Fuck Republicans. This has all the earmarks of the crooked crooked crooked Clinton Foundation ... WHILE IN OFFICE!! I say, prosecute everybody who voted for Trump as accomplices. 

High Crimes only. No misdemeanors.

I never want to hear an anti democrat Republican diatribe again. These people are rank hypocrites, of the very worst order.

This guy fucks

9 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

This guy fucks

Given some of the assassination shit he was promoting earlier, I'm not sure you really want to be associated with him.

Edited by bolverk
precision in language

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s not an idea. It’s a truth. For fuck’s sake, listen to their rhetoric.

If the modern evangelical movement is a friend of the poor, with friends like that, who needs enemies.

Since some determined by the State to be able bodied will fall through the cracks and will be denied access to Medicaid, we should send them thoughts and prayers, because that's all they'll get in Oklahoma:

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – The Americans for Prosperity-Oklahoma (AFP-OK) and Oklahoma Senator Paul Rosino (R) are applauding Governor Fallin’s executive order she signed Tuesday which includes work requirements to Oklahoma’s Medicaid program.

“I applaud the Governor for directing the action on her work requirements for eligible state Medicaid recipients,” said Sen. Rosino. “In February, my weekly column stated that we should follow the lead of the Trump administration and implement in Oklahoma the stated work requirements that the Governor has just championed. Since I have been elected, personal responsibility and work requirements for able-bodied adults 19 to 64 has been one of my top priorities. I will continue my efforts to push and support any legislation that will make work requirements a reality in Oklahoma.”

11 hours ago, Mapache said:

Trump quietly proposes slashing billions from children’s health care

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-quietly-proposes-slashing-billions-from-childrens-health-care-86300b9989c6/

Because ...we need to figure out a way to fuck over those poor sick kids

This is Trump's response to a deficit he exploded with massive corporate tax cuts. 

The Trump administration is set to ask Congress to claw back $15 billion in federal spending. If passed, it would be the largest “rescission” package passed in American history. 

Nearly half of the cuts — roughly $7 billion — would come from the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), a program many low-income families depend on for coverage. The White House claims the cuts will not have an impact on the program, which currently has an enrollment of about 9 million. 

The administration, however, doesn’t appear to believe their own talking point. Notably absent from White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ explainer on the rescission package is any mention of the CHIP cuts. 

Once the White House requests the cuts, Congress will have 45 days to act before it expires. During that time, the funding is automatically frozen. The package only requires a simple majority to pass..

Nothing new for Trump.  He is all about himself.  Trump cut off his dead brother's, very sick grandchild's health care, because his nephew disputed his father's will.  If he would do that to his own blood kin, he would not give two shits about some random poor kids.

The megabuilder and his siblings Robert and Maryanne terminated their nephew's family medical coverage a week after he challenged the will of their father, Fred Trump.   "This was so shocking, so disappointing and so vindictive," said niece Lisa Trump, whose son, William, was born 18 months ago at Mount Sinai Medical Center with a rare neurological disorder that produces violent seizures, brain damage and medical bills topping $300,000.   The Trump family feud has come to light in recent days as the dispute over Fred Trump's estate is being played out in Queens Surrogate Court. The patriarch left between $100 million and $300 million, according to different family estimates.   A separate case over the denial of medical coverage that Fred Trump freely provided to his family for decades was filed in Nassau Supreme Court.   Both lawsuits were filed by Fred Trump 3rd and Mary Trump, the children of Donald's late brother, Fred Jr.   They offer a rare window into one of New York's most prominent families, a world where alliances and rivalries are magnified by power, money and the tough-nosed tactics of Donald Trump.   "When [Fred 3rd] sued us, we said, 'Why should we give him medical coverage?

'" Donald said in an interview with the Daily News last week.   Asked whether he thought cutting their coverage could appear cold-hearted, given the baby's medical condition, Donald made no apologies.   "I can't help that," he said. "It's cold when someone sues my father. Had he come to see me, things could very possibly have been much different for them.

Edited by Jhawkmvp

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:
On 5/7/2018 at 11:27 AM, kevwun said:
Blankenship also refers to anyone who is Chinese as China people.  He would immediately be the dumbest person in the Senate upon election.  Words can't sufficiently describe how terrible of a candidate he is.

He just doesn't want to assume gender

President Xi.....Xe.....Xem.....whatever.

50 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Since some determined by the State to be able bodied will fall through the cracks and will be denied access to Medicaid, we should send them thoughts and prayers, because that's all they'll get in Oklahoma.

They were against death panels until they were for death panels.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

162AA514-ED2D-4957-BEEB-FA994D2918CA_zps

I do wish she'd shut the hell up. Anybody with a triple digit IQ could figure this out. The only thing I want to hear from her is the Jimmy Carter track community service work that her foundation is doing regularly along with a picture of Hillary with a shovel in her hands. F'k the rest. If she wants to help humanity, she can don a construction helmet and exchange the pantsuits. All she's doing is fueling the rabid right wing talk circus. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

I do wish she'd shut the hell up. Anybody with a triple digit IQ could figure this out. The only thing I want to hear from her is the Jimmy Carter track community service work that her foundation is doing regularly along with a picture of Hillary with a shovel in her hands. F'k the rest. If she wants to help humanity, she can don a construction helmet and exchange the pantsuits. All she's doing is fueling the rabid right wing talk circus. 

She's never wanted to help humanity IMHO.

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Totally normal statement from a president. 

He is such a little bitch when it comes to the media.   Did Obama yank a Fox News’s credentials for the birthed bullshit?  Did George W. yank credentials over the 2000 election or Iraq?

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He is such a little bitch when it comes to the media.   Did Obama yank a Fox News’s credentials for the birthed bullshit?  Did George W. yank credentials over the 2000 election or Iraq?

He just wants to control the message.  

All his dumbassery aside, he’s the biggest pussy we’ve had in office since I’ve been alive (30).  If he stopped worrying about the media so much, I mean since they’re so wrong, he’d be able to focus on shit that actually matters but we know he can’t/won’t.

5 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

All his dumbassery aside, he’s the biggest pussy we’ve had in office since I’ve been alive (30).  If he stopped worrying about the media so much, I mean since they’re so wrong, he’d be able to focus on shit that actually matters but we know he can’t/won’t.

I’m pretty sure a swamp rabbit would make him shit his pants.