Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

I guess Boeing forgot to deliver their payoff to Michael Cohen. 

Yep, and it could come back to bite them in the ass again...when will they learn, gotta pay to play.

South Korean defense company that paid Trump lawyer Cohen $150,000 is poised to win part of a $16 billion Pentagon deal

The Korean defense company partnered with Lockheed Martin to build the T-50A trainer jet in hopes of securing a U.S. Air Force contract worth roughly $16 billion.

Meanwhile, Boeing partnered with Swedish aerospace firm Saab

Link

On 5/8/2018 at 4:11 PM, Buzzrock said:

The idea that Christian conservatives are against helping those in need is absurd. There are studies that have shown that conservatives give more to charity than liberals. There are other studies that re-swizzle the numbers and nerf their contributions to their churches, but even still they drive just as much charitable giving to the needy.

What they don’t like is the federal government dictating how that giving should happen. I can’t really argue with that.

The problem with those charitable gifts is that government is much better at distribution of those dollars at a national level, rather than a configuration of random churches.

Eh, I could go on, but nevermind. Just keep on keeping on myopically

19 hours ago, Satchel said:

Since some determined by the State to be able bodied will fall through the cracks and will be denied access to Medicaid, we should send them thoughts and prayers, because that's all they'll get in Oklahoma:

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – The Americans for Prosperity-Oklahoma (AFP-OK) and Oklahoma Senator Paul Rosino (R) are applauding Governor Fallin’s executive order she signed Tuesday which includes work requirements to Oklahoma’s Medicaid program.

“I applaud the Governor for directing the action on her work requirements for eligible state Medicaid recipients,” said Sen. Rosino. “In February, my weekly column stated that we should follow the lead of the Trump administration and implement in Oklahoma the stated work requirements that the Governor has just championed. Since I have been elected, personal responsibility and work requirements for able-bodied adults 19 to 64 has been one of my top priorities. I will continue my efforts to push and support any legislation that will make work requirements a reality in Oklahoma.”

The problem with the work requirement is that if you work, almost at all, you will not qualify for Medicaid in Oklahoma.

We moved here and quickly found out the health insurance problems in this state

The problem with those charitable gifts is that government is much better at distribution of those dollars at a national level, rather than a configuration of random churches.

Americans rejected extreme poverty in Cities and Appalachia back in the day. They rejected children working, women dying in sweatshops and elderly dying in the streets. Make America Great Again, like in the 1880’s.

Donald Trump, with his feral cunning, knew. The oleaginous Mike Pence, with his talent for toadyism and appetite for obsequiousness, could, Trump knew, become America’s most repulsive public figure. And Pence, who has reached this pinnacle by dethroning his benefactor, is augmenting the public stock of useful knowledge. Because his is the authentic voice of today’s lickspittle Republican Party, he clarifies this year’s elections: Vote Republican to ratify groveling as governing.

Last June, a Trump Cabinet meeting featured testimonials offered to Dear Leader by his forelock-tugging colleagues. His chief of staff, Reince Priebus, caught the spirit of the worship service by thanking Trump for the “blessing” of being allowed to serve him. The hosannas poured forth from around the table, unredeemed by even a scintilla of insincerity. Priebus was soon deprived of his blessing, as was Tom Price. Before Price’s ecstasy of public service was truncated because of his incontinent enthusiasm for charter flights, he was the secretary of health and human services who at the Cabinet meeting said, “I can’t thank you enough for the privileges you’ve given me.” The vice president chimed in but saved his best riff for a December Cabinet meeting when, as The Post’s Aaron Blake calculated, Pence praised Trump once every 12 seconds for three minutes: “I’m deeply humbled. . . . ” Judging by the number of times Pence announces himself “humbled,” he might seem proud of his humility, but that is impossible because he is conspicuously devout and pride is a sin.

Between those two Cabinet meetings, Pence and his retinue flew to Indiana for the purpose of walking out of an Indianapolis Colts football game, thereby demonstrating that football players kneeling during the national anthem are intolerable to someone of Pence’s refined sense of right and wrong. Which brings us to his Arizona salute last week to Joe Arpaio, who was sheriff of Maricopa County until in 2016 voters wearied of his act.

ADVERTISING

Noting that Arpaio was in his Tempe audience, Pence, oozing unctuousness from every pore, called Arpaio “another favorite,” professed himself “honored” by Arpaio’s presence, and praisedhim as “a tireless champion of . . . the rule of law.” Arpaio, a grandstanding, camera-chasing bully and darling of the thuggish right, is also a criminal, convicted of contempt of court for ignoring a federal judge’s order to desist from certain illegal law enforcement practices. Pence’s performance occurred eight miles from the home of Sen. John McCain, who could teach Pence — or perhaps not — something about honor.

Henry Adams said that “practical politics consists in ignoring facts,” but what was the practicality in Pence’s disregard of the facts about Arpaio? His pandering had no purpose beyond serving Pence’s vocation, which is to ingratiate himself with his audience of the moment. The audience for his praise of Arpaio was given to chanting “Build that wall!” and applauded Arpaio, who wears Trump’s pardon like a boutonniere.

(Amber Ferguson/The Washington Post)

Hoosiers, of whom Pence is one, sometimes say that although Abraham Lincoln was born in Kentucky and flourished in Illinois, he spent his formative years — December 1816 to March 1830 — in Indiana, which he left at age 21. Be that as it may, on Jan. 27, 1838, Lincoln, then 28, delivered his first great speech, to the Young Men’s Lyceum in Springfield. Less than three months earlier, Elijah Lovejoy, an abolitionist newspaper editor in Alton, Ill., 67 miles from Springfield, was murdered by a pro-slavery mob. Without mentioning Lovejoy — it would have been unnecessary — Lincoln lamented that throughout America, “so lately famed for love of law and order,” there was a “mobocratic spirit” among “the vicious portion of [the] population.” So, “let reverence for the laws . . . become the political religion of the nation.” Pence, one of evangelical Christians’ favorite pin-ups, genuflects at various altars, as the mobocratic spirit and the vicious portion require.

It is said that one cannot blame people who applaud Arpaio and support his rehabilitators (Trump, Pence, et al.), because, well, globalization or health-care costs or something. Actually, one must either blame them or condescend to them as lacking moral agency. Republicans silent about Pence have no such excuse.

There will be negligible legislating by the next Congress, so ballots cast this November will be most important as validations or repudiations of the harmonizing voices of Trump, Pence, Arpaio and the like. Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 4

I love his tough diplomacy...  N. Korea gets everything they want, Trump gets to gloat.

N. Korea always wanted to sit at the big boy table alone with the US... Check

N. Korea continues to arrest American citizens to prompt high level US visits... Check

N. Korea wrecks nuc testing facility, tricks Cheeto Jesus to accept no more testing there as a bargaining chip... Check

Kim Jong-un was raised in the fascist crucible, and has proven to be an absolute ruthless cunt consolidating power, I'm guessing trump is jealous.

Of course want the world to be safer, with a benign N Korea, so I'll wait and see, so far Dear Leader is leading trump around on a leash and the Trumpkins are loving it.

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Maybe Trump is going to shiv Kim and go out in a blaze of glory. 

More likely vice versa.  Also, of course Kim wants to meet with this president.  The American he gets along with is Dennis fucking Rodman.  He deals with crazy people only.  It only makes sense that dotus is the one who he feels comfortable meeting.

14 minutes ago, retread said:

It'll be like two 12-year-old boys trying to out-brag each other.

k: I don't shit!

T: Ha, I have the best shits, people are always talking about how bigly my shits are

'Murica!

https://www-theatlantic-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/559643/?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theatlantic.com%2Fpolitics%2Farchive%2F2018%2F05%2Frush-limbaughs-latest-rejection-of-conservatism%2F559643%2F

Conservatives have literally gone insane.  Has there ever been a group of this many dangerously stupid people in such high numbers?  I hope you "both sides" morons and the "isn't it all enteraining" nihilisits are paying attention.  We're fucked.

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

https://www-theatlantic-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/559643/?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theatlantic.com%2Fpolitics%2Farchive%2F2018%2F05%2Frush-limbaughs-latest-rejection-of-conservatism%2F559643%2F

Conservatives have literally gone insane.  Has there ever been a group of this many dangerously stupid people in such high numbers?  I hope you "both sides" morons and the "isn't it all enteraining" nihilisits are paying attention.  We're fucked.

From the article, sums up the religious right and the trumpcucks 

Talk radio’s Rush Limbaugh delighted at the expansive twists and turns of the independent counsel investigation of Bill Clinton, cheering it all the way to impeachment, despite polls suggesting Americans wanted Congress to censure the president and move on. He met Barack Obama’s election by declaring that he wanted him to fail, then allied with men who tried to discredit Obama by falsely stating he was born abroad.

But now that the nation’s leading birther, Donald Trump, is in the White House, Limbaugh purports to be outraged by what he calls efforts to undermine and unseat a duly elected president

Edited by Ted Lange

9 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

From the article, sums up the religious right and the trumpcucks 

Talk radio’s Rush Limbaugh delighted at the expansive twists and turns of the independent counsel investigation of Bill Clinton, cheering it all the way to impeachment, despite polls suggesting Americans wanted Congress to censure the president and move on. He met Barack Obama’s election by declaring that he wanted him to fail, then allied with men who tried to discredit Obama by falsely stating he was born abroad.

But now that the nation’s leading birther, Donald Trump, is in the White House, Limbaugh purports to be outraged by what he calls efforts to undermine and unseat a duly elected president 

that doesn't carry the same quality as straight from the horse's mouth...

Rush: Rosemary in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I’m glad you called. How are you?

Caller: Hi. Why don’t the millions of us who voted for President Trump march to Washington in the biggest protest ever to drive a stake through that vampire Mueller and all his bloodsucking bats and then also march on the mainstream press in New York, millions of us?

Rush: I don’t know. Why don’t you?

Caller: Well, I think it’s a good idea, don’t you?

Rush: I’d love to see it.

Caller: I’d love to see, too.

Rush: I gotta be very careful here. I gotta be very careful not to be seen organizing or suggesting such a thing. Otherwise, if it happens, it will not appear organic. We don’t want ’em to say, “Yeah, this is all happening ’cause Limbaugh’s got his robots doing what he told them.” We don’t want them to say that, so—

Caller: No, I don’t think they could accuse you of that. I think lots of us have the idea that we’d like to do that ’cause, I mean, I really love Trump. He’s saving America.

Rush: You know, you do raise a broader question, and that is as people learn what has been learned since last night with Caputo, Michael Caputo, and essentially confirming what I thought was going on with this thing from the beginning, I wonder how mad Trump voters and others are out there.

Caller: I think that we’re all furious. I mean, everybody I know is, of the conservatives. I mean, they despise Mueller. And I certainly do. I think he’s an evil man. I believe in a hell, and I think that’s where he’s gonna wind up going. That’s one thing about it, he’s gonna spend eternity there being tortured like what he’s doing to President Trump.

Rush: Well, that may well be, but if that happens, nobody will ever know it so you will not have the satisfaction of ever knowing that.

Caller: You’re probably right about that, but it’s nice thinking about it.

these people are real.

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Lulz.  Rush Limbaugh did something stupid on the radio!  We're ALL gonna DIE!

Why don't they march on Washington?

Well, probably because:

1) too fat and lazy to actually exercise

2) too stupid to navigate to and around a large city

3) too poor to afford a plane ticket

4) can't spell well enough to make a coherent sign

5) too scared of all those people they might see in an urban environment

Edited by High Plains Drifter

18 hours ago, SKJ said:

Dude, I said that in my post. But even after adjusting for that conservatives donate as much or more. That would seem to contradict the idea that they only care about themselves.