Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This taps squarely into identity politics and their narrative that “they” are under attack by “them.” 

“They” being white women, Americans, responsible gun owners, the coal miner, republicans.

Them being black guys, immigrants, non-Americans, animals, gun-grabbers, globalists, democrts.

https://www.theonion.com/report-all-the-other-races-coming-to-take-your-stuff-1826198673

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This taps squarely into identity politics and their narrative that “they” are under attack by “them.” 

“They” being white women, Americans, responsible gun owners, the coal miner, republicans.

Them being black guys, immigrants, non-Americans, animals, gun-grabbers, globalists, democrts.

It's not a popular or politically correct opinion, but we need more "water throwers."

People like Tammy need to be called out for their bullshit.  The venom spewed daily by that heinous bimbo is contributing to the decline and divide in our country, and there need to be repercussions for someone whose sole purpose is to drive this country apart.

Richard Spencer got punched, and suddenly he's fallen off the face of the earth.

They all know what they are doing, they are just banking on nobody else doing anything about it.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's not a popular or politically correct opinion, but we need more "water throwers."

People like Tammy need to be called out for their bullshit.  The venom spewed daily by that heinous bimbo is contributing to the decline and divide in our country, and there need to be repercussions for someone whose sole purpose is to drive this country apart.

Richard Spencer got punched, and suddenly he's fallen off the face of the earth.

They all know what they are doing, they are just banking on nobody else doing anything about it.

Wasn’t it yesterday when Gavin McInnes was calling for actual violence against people who oppose him?

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

On one level I like the idea of punching nazis. Although I feel there should be a better way to wage a culture war - which this clearly is.

IMO to win this culture war, the hearts/minds of  the Fox News viewers would need to be swayed and/or they need to be minimized. Somehow we need to keep the number of people who read breitbart or watch tucker Carlson from growing. And ideally get those viewers to recognize that when they see a piece on an immigrant/non-white doing something terrible, it is a news piece solely intended to inflame their identity and is not a true reflection of our world.

Edited by GW Hayduke

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I’m just happy to know that everybody, EVERYBODY, here is with Tomi Lahren. 

Uhm, yeah, Mr. President, she is a coat tail riding bimbo who changes her views depending on which way the wind blows. Oh, now I get why he is with her, they're a lot alike.

42 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

On one level I like the idea of punching nazis. Although I feel there should be a better way to wage a culture war - which this clearly is.

IMO to win this culture war, the hearts/minds of  the Fox News viewers would need to be swayed and/or they need to be minimized. Somehow we need to keep the number of people who read breitbart or watch tucker Carlson from growing. And ideally get those viewers to recognize that when they see a piece on an immigrant/non-white doing something terrible, it is a news piece solely intended to inflame their identity and is not a true reflection of our world.

Which increases with every Harley Davidson type plant that closes so that it continues the endless cycle of idiots blaming others for their failed leadership decisions.  And the only thing that will fix it is less education, more prayer and definitely more guns. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

I'm sure my comment will get lost in the mix but Trump's words are starting to go into a much darker place.  He's always complained about Hillary or Comey or Mueller, etc., etc.  Now he is full-on attacking the US govt as against him and, in proxy, against the ~50% of the nation who voted for him.    He is basically saying that the deep state is or wants to remove him and democracy out of the US.  

If someone was to ever stage a coup against the US govt from the White House, this is the process you would take.  First discredit the media as liars.  Second, discredit the established administration as the deep state.   Finally if and when Congress or even just the House turns blue, Trump will discredit them as the unduly elected.   If you believe Trump and assume all the above is true, then you would want and even expect Trump to ignore the Constitution and assume complete control of the govt?  He would be the hero in that story and not the villain.

I'm not saying that this is Trump's end game but if someone wanted to assume a dictatorship of the US, this is how a civilian would go about it.  

• Like 4

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure my comment will get lost in the mix but Trump's words are starting to go into a much darker place.  He's always complained about Hillary or Comey or Mueller, etc., etc.  Now he is full-on attacking the US govt as against him and, in proxy, against the ~50% of the nation who voted for him.    He is basically saying that the deep state is or wants to remove him and democracy out of the US.  

If someone was to ever stage a coup against the US govt from the White House, this is the process you would take.  First discredit the media as liars.  Second, discredit the established administration as the deep state.   Finally if and when Congress or even just the House turns blue, Trump will discredit them as the unduly elected.   If you believe Trump and assume all the above is true, then you would want and even expect Trump to ignore the Constitution and assume complete control of the govt?  He would be the hero in that story and not the villain.

I'm not saying that this is Trump's end game but if someone wanted to assume a dictatorship of the US, this is how a civilian would go about it.  

It's unquestionably Trump's end game. The only question is whether we will give him the time he needs to consolidate enough power that he can rig elections. The good news is that he's lazy and easily distracted. The bad news is that there are plenty of people enthusiastically helping him.

3 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I've been a critic of Comey for a while, but his virtue signalling hits the nail on the head with this one. We have a corrupted political apparatus, a mind numbing stupid and short sighted electorate, and a broken information distribution system. The list of our societal faults could go on a while, but this is a pretty good start. 

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm just spitballing here, but do we think Trump is actually smart enough to have this thought?

I get that he's probably not the Mastermind, but in all seriousness, does anyone believe that he could even fathom the whole plan? Mastermind, it puppet, it makes no difference, but outside of his Russian friends, who else in, or behind his administration, could think this far ahead?

20 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They don't even know there are any other amendments......

There was a guy in my high school, a very likable country boy whom you would be glad to call a friend, who was called on to state any of the Ten Amendments he knew.

Thou shalt not lie.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not drink.

Thou shalt not smoke.

That was as far as he got. That was long ago, but I wonder if this acquaintance voted for Trump.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I've been a critic of Comey for a while, but his virtue signalling hits the nail on the head with this one. We have a corrupted political apparatus, a mind numbing stupid and short sighted electorate, and a broken information distribution system. The list of our societal faults could go on a while, but this is a pretty good start. 

He wasn’t referring to the entire political apparatus, the entire electorate, or the entire media

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Luckily, the military has taken a vow to defend this country against all enemies of the Constitution foreign and domestic. People used to scoff my predictions of a possible military coup on the old board, and I don''t necessarily welcome the possibility of one, but it seems to be more and more possible every day. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It may not be Trump's end game, but it's whoever is pulling his string's endgame, whether that party is Putin, the NRA, Eric Prince, Mitch McConnell, someone else, or some combination of them.  They want their blackmailee to be a weak, idiotic king.

13 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

He wasn’t referring to the entire political apparatus, the entire electorate, or the entire media

I am aware who and what he is specifically targeting.  And I would agree wrt the electorate and the media.  I do however believe that that the entire political apparatus, or at least the vast majority of it, is corrupted.  

22 minutes ago, SKJ said:

I'm just spitballing here, but do we think Trump is actually smart enough to have this thought?

I get that he's probably not the Mastermind, but in all seriousness, does anyone believe that he could even fathom the whole plan? Mastermind, it puppet, it makes no difference, but outside of his Russian friends, who else in, or behind his administration, could think this far ahead?

There's no master plan, but there doesn't need to be one. It's the natural end point of everything he is combined with a sufficient number of sycophants helping push towards that end.

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

well summarized. 

we are one real problem away from everyone seeing this in full swing. and its frightening to think about. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am aware who and what he is specifically targeting.  And I would agree wrt the electorate and the media.  I do however believe that that the entire political apparatus, or at least the vast majority of it, is corrupted.  

yes, see money involved in electing pooh that makes nothing but shitty decisions. its all corrupted. i know its easy to point at trump, but the reality is that you as a voter are limited in creating reform or change of any type that is sorely needed. 

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I get that it appears to be entirely or mostly corrupt but I wonder how much of that is due to the republicans controlling two branches of government. Although there are a lot of things that can be done to make our system less “corrupt” imo like campaign finance reform, removing dark money, more transparency. I think the dems are gonna have a strong anti-corruption platform for 2018

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

part of me wishes i hadn't read this post. it all seems so scarily plausible.

26 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I get that it appears to be entirely or mostly corrupt but I wonder how much of that is due to the republicans controlling two branches of government. Although there are a lot of things that can be done to make our system less “corrupt” imo like campaign finance reform, removing dark money, more transparency. I think the dems are gonna have a strong anti-corruption platform for 2018

by "strong anti-corruption platform" you mean they'll convince rubes they're going to FIX WASHINGTON and once elected continue pay-to-play politics, right?

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

by "strong anti-corruption platform" you mean they'll convince rubes they're going to FIX WASHINGTON and once elected continue pay-to-play politics, right?

This is where conservative media is so important. His base doesn't know they've been lied to.

14 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Actually, that's the Trump that got elected. He breaks from tired rhetoric that fits the message but nobody hears into actually talking to his audience and reading their reaction. It's funny. Of course the 2016 vote was more important otherwise you have nothing to preserve nor would I be here. And he's right. 

This is exactly the guy the Trumpkins love. This aside is enough to ensure that he is human like us. He's just a salty sailor God has chosen to do his will. The edges are rough, but he's actually one of us.

I despise Donald Trump. I loathe him. But he has made me laugh, and I will recognize what may be appealing about him. This stuff made him effective in the "debates." Political campaign debates are largely charm contests not fact/logic debate where the stronger argument prevails as judged by impartial, qualified judges.

I wouldn't cross the street to piss down Trump's throat if his heart were on fire* but he does have his ways.

*Borrowed from James Carville who was actually talking about a Democrat.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Actually, that's the Trump that got elected. He breaks from tired rhetoric that fits the message but nobody hears into actually talking to his audience and reading their reaction. It's funny. Of course the 2016 vote was more important otherwise you have nothing to preserve nor would I be here. And he's right. 

This is exactly the guy the Trumpkins love. This aside is enough to ensure that he is human like us. He's just a salty sailor God has chosen to do his will. The edges are rough, but he's actually one of us.

I despise Donald Trump. I loathe him. But he has made me laugh, and I will recognize what may be appealing about him. This stuff made him effective in the "debates." Political campaign debates are largely charm contests not fact/logic debate where the stronger argument prevails as judged by impartial, qualified judges.

I wouldn't cross the street to piss down Trump's throat if his heart were on fire* but he does have his ways.

*Borrowed from James Carville who was actually talking about a Democrat.

This is very bad for elected officials not named Donald Trump.