Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

You got me.  I'm in the chill bro category that doesn't get hysterical about politics or Trump.  I think there's probably more people like me than you would guess just not as vocal.  We could use more people who are even keeled.  People are gonna start getting seriously hurt out there if this keeps escalating. 

You mean people like the woman killed in Charlottesville? Or how about the man that killed himself after ice took his son away? 

The escalation is clearly from the people in power. Everyone has to respond to that escalation or just accept that concentration camps for kids are cool. You appear to have just accepted that hence the both sides bullshit you keep spouting.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yes the Trumpkins are all for civility. 

See, y'all need to be civil.....so we can continue to run roughshod over you..

Hey, you fucking rapists and animals, infesting our country.....why aren't you being nice to us?  You are RUDE.  That's the REAL problem here.  

Yeah.  Instead, how about this: act like a bunch of lying fucking assholes, get treated like a bunch of lying fucking assholes.  Huckabeef's problem isn't that she works for the GOP, or Trump.  It's that she gets on TV daily and tells loathsome lies about inhuman cruelty right to our faces.  Fuck that bitch.  Oh, I'm sorry, is that not civil?  Good, because fuck that bitch for DARING to even bring up civility.  Takes a lot of fucking nerve.

These fuckers are the equivalent of murdering their parents and then asking the court to have mercy because they're orphans.  Fuck 'em.

• Like 2

I've said for a long time that I'm really worried about what happens after the Democrats take control.  And get ready, because they're taking control in 2020.

Because whether you agree or not, the Democrats are convinced of several things: (1) Trump supporters--which is now to say "Republicans"--are racists who use their purported ideology (whether on immigration or religion or whathaveyou) as a cover for their racism; (2) The Republican Party, which is therefore an inherently racist institution, is a minority party that can only achieve power through anti-democratic means; and (3) Trump used the pinnacle of anti-democratic means--i.e., collusion with Russia--to gain power.  And if you accept those three premises, then in the name of "democracy," that'll justify all manner of anti-democratic actions.

So yeah--you think the Republicans are good at gerrymandering?  Wait until you see Democrats do it.

And you think you like voter id?  Wait until there's not a DMV office in a town of fewer than 500,000 residents.

Oh, and Puerto Rico and DC--isn't it time y'all got statehood?

Oh, and all y'all immigrants--don't you think being separated from your kids deserves a make-good?  Maybe in the form of an accelerated path to citizenship?

And if you've been convicted of a felony and had your voting rights revoked?  You're probably going to get them back.

And anybody--and I mean anybody--who gives money to a Republican-leaning group is going to be identified and publicly shamed.

Mind you--I don't agree with any of these measures.  And I don't agree with most of the Democrats' policy positions.  And for that reason, I'm very very worried about what the post-Trump era is going to bring.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, and all y'all immigrants--don't you think being separated from your kids deserves a make-good?  Maybe in the form of an accelerated path to citizenship?

Plus reparations.  You know that will be tacked onto an Omnibus down the road.  

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

You got me.  I'm in the chill bro category that doesn't get hysterical about politics or Trump.  I think there's probably more people like me than you would guess just not as vocal.  We could use more people who are even keeled.  People are gonna start getting seriously hurt out there if this keeps escalating. 

People who support ethnic cleansing should get hurt.

I've said for a long time that I'm really worried about what happens after the Democrats take control.  And get ready, because they're taking control in 2020.

Because whether you agree or not, the Democrats are convinced of several things: (1) Trump supporters--which is now to say "Republicans"--are racists who use their purported ideology (whether on immigration or religion or whathaveyou) as a cover for their racism; (2) The Republican Party, which is therefore an inherently racist institution, is a minority party that can only achieve power through anti-democratic means; and (3) Trump used the pinnacle of anti-democratic means--i.e., collusion with Russia--to gain power.  And if you accept those three premises, then in the name of "democracy," that'll justify all manner of anti-democratic actions.

So yeah--you think the Republicans are good at gerrymandering?  Wait until you see Democrats do it.

And you think you like voter id?  Wait until there's not a DMV office in a town of fewer than 500,000 residents.

And if you've been convicted of a felony and had your voting rights revoked?  You're probably going to get them back.

And anybody--and I mean anybody--who gives money to a Republican-leaning group is going to be identified and publicly shamed.

Mind you--I don't agree with any of these measures.  And I don't agree with most of the Democrats' policy positions.  And for that reason, I'm very very worried about what the post-Trump era is going to bring.

Outside of impeachment proceedings - I don’t think any of that shit is going to happen.

What I do think will happen, however, are incidents like the one above will vastly increase in frequency and unfortunately some of these incidentswill end in violence. It’s going to be a nightmare.

Congrats Russia. You pulled it off. We hate each other.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

very very worried about what the post-Trump era is going to bring.

Expect vicious political cycles over the next 20 years.  What we should really be concerned about is the rise of another Trump during an economic depression when people are more vulnerable and desperate for a savior. 

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Absolutely fucking yes.  American citizens get a vote.  Republicans had Elliot Broidy as their fucking deputy finance chair.  He had pled to a felony related to bribing pension officials.  It got knocked down to misdemeanor because he paid 18 millions.  He, and Michael Cohen, are who they had in charge of bringing money into the party. This is the party who is pushing back on felon voter reinstatement.  It is 100% about disenfranchising those who might vote against them. And certainly minorities and poor are more likely to get a felon tag for similar crimes that the wealthy and whites get knocked down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Expect vicious political cycles over the next 20 years.  What we should really be concerned about is the rise of another Trump during an economic depression when people are more vulnerable and desperate for a savior. 

To one of LL's points. I expect Puerto Rico and New Columbia will be granted statehood in 2021. That will give Democrats 4 new Senate seats making it very difficult for the Republicans to control the Senate for the foreseeable future.

Also, assuming a Democratic president elected in 2020 has two terms, Republicans will face an extremely difficult electoral college map in 2028. In addition to those 9 votes from the new states, demographics in Arizona, Georgia, and Texas will have strongly shifted toward Democrats. 

From 2021 to 2037 Democrats should control the presidency and Senate, perhaps longer.

3 minutes ago, RayDog said:

To one of LL's points. I expect Puerto Rico and New Columbia will be granted statehood in 2021. That will give Democrats 4 new Senate seats making it very difficult for the Republicans to control the Senate for the foreseeable future.

Also, assuming a Democratic president elected in 2020 has two terms, Republicans will face an extremely difficult electoral college map in 2028. In addition to those 9 votes from the new states, demographics in Arizona, Georgia, and Texas will have strongly shifted toward Democrats. 

From 2021 to 2037 Democrats should control the presidency and Senate, perhaps longer.

People bring up that Texas could flip blue, but that isn't likely to happen for some time. Even if it does, it looks like the midwest states are going to flip red so it could even out. 

Honestly, I don't see a need in worrying about such hypotheticals when we have no idea how 2020 will go down. You're projecting what the GOP did onto the Dems. 

7 minutes ago, RayDog said:

I’m concerned Trump will have the economy wrecked just in time for the democrats to take all the blame.

34 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I don’t know about a lot of that, but they will make some bigly changes.  

And after they gain control, the next school shooting is going to give them the chance to run a train on us gun owners. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m concerned Trump will have the economy wrecked just in time for the democrats to take all the blame.

I suspect the recession/depression will start within the next 12 months, so we will be in economic difficulty in the run-up to the election.

I don’t know about a lot of that, but they will make some bigly changes.  
And after they gain control, the next school shooting is going to give them the chance to run a train on us gun owners. 

How would that be defined? I don’t see much appetite beyond a renewed assault weapon ban and background checks.

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

People know tax cuts don’t mean shit when the price of gasoline skyrockets along with everything else due to the trade wars.

No they don't...... Lots of uneducated or partisan folks like the tax cuts on principle even if they have no idea how or if it affects their lives...... You're giving much of the voting public way too much credit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Weird, I would have never guessed that you hadn't seen a Trump rally before. 

Only bits and pieces. I don't see how he does it. Fucker is 72 and is constantly on the go stirring all the shit he possibly can just to fuck with his critics.